Logitech G29 / G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 1,154 comments
For all owners of G25 and G27, I honestly hope that Logitech does the same as Thrustmaster:
  • license G29 as fully PS4 supported (like T300)
  • get drivers included in PS4 OS
  • allow G25/27 use in game via those drivers (like T500)
This would be the perfect way to get back in the wheel game, would immediately generate a lot of goodwill from the army of Gran Turismo fans who own Logitech wheels, etc....

ltenf.jpg

Wonder whats up with the second wheels G logo tho?
Nothing.....It matches the G logo that's on the box behind the wheel. ;) If anything, I would say that the first logo was just a prototype. Worse case scenario, they're all prototype's and the final version will look different again, only time will tell.

It looks real though, it certainly isn't a photoshop. 👍

For all owners of G25 and G27, I honestly hope that Logitech does the same as Thrustmaster:
This would be the perfect way to get back in the wheel game, would immediately generate a lot of goodwill from the army of Gran Turismo fans who own Logitech wheels, etc....

That would be a nice end to the whole situation. 👍 I'd be more than happy using my G27 for now and potentially changing it to a G29 when the time comes. My G27 needs to do some more mileage before it can be retired and I can justify what it cost me.

The PS4 button is called OPTIONS, not OPTON... the wheel looks totally real and legit to me.

But, hey, amar on NeoGAF says is 100% production unit in his opinion, with chinese engrish and all, so it must be true /sarcasm

The PS4 button is called OPTIONS, not OPTON... the wheel looks totally real and legit to me.

But, hey, amar on NeoGAF says is 100% production unit in his opinion, with chinese engrish and all, so it must be true /sarcasm
Actually my T300 button reads OPTION, not OPTIONS. And I can see an I in that second photo.

I'm surprised no one has made the correlation to this possibly being a bit of confirmation that GT7 is coming really soon, since this new G29 is basically a combination of the DFGT & G25/G27 and we all know the Driving Force GT was developed in conjunction with Polyphony Digital for GT5P, GT5 & GT6 in mind...now with that said I'm not trying to start some unfounded hellacious rumor ~ BUT in my eyes, it's slight confirmation that GT7 may just have a showing for E3 next month as the timing is just about right (going off Kaz's 2014/2015 estimate)!

Last edited:
Wow! It looks a bit cluttered, and not a fan of the bulkiness. But, if it turns out to look nicer as a final version, and is belt drive (probably won't be but we can hope), I may just buy it instead of a T300RS.

Looks neat, if abit messy with the button layout. I'm somewhat conflicted because it has so many but at the same time, I find have the D-Pad and all the buttons on the wheel much more convenient then have to awkwardly hold the shifter and use the buttons. I'm praying though that I don't have to spend a massive amount just to use a wheel on the PS4, would be hard to justify paying a huge amount just to have a wheel on the PS4 and not be able to use the wheel I already have.

Edit: Also, isn't this technically no longer a rumor since we are basically staring at the first Prototypes (Box and everything)?

I'm surprised no one has made the correlation to this possibly being a bit of confirmation that GT7 is coming really soon, since this new G29 is basically a combination of the DFGT & G25/G27 and we all know the Driving Force GT was developed in conjunction with Polyphony Digital for GT5P, GT5 & GT6 in mind...now with that said I'm not trying to start some unfounded hellacious rumor ~ BUT in my eyes, it's slight confirmation that GT7 may just have a showing for E3 next month as the timing is just about right (going off Kaz's 2014/2015 estimate)!

I had that thought earlier actually but I was like 'meh' .

The thing is if it hints GT7 coming, one thing I know for a fact is that the wheel will have a GT Logo on it somewhere (Centre cap is the obvious choice).

We may get another official GT wheel but I doubt it will be the G29 or maybe we'll get a special edition.

I dunno, my brain hurts now

If this isn't a fake, it would be nice if it were to be backwards compatible with the PS3 like the DFGT was with the PS2.

Not liking the new design tbh. Too cluttered and shifter is sole separately. The reason why I like the G25 is because it feels like a real racing wheel in your hands. Raw metal and leather so you can just focus in driving. And of course amazingly good value for what you get (solid wheel, solid 3 pedals, H-shifter interchangeable with sequential, oh and it's a tank in terms of reliability).

I'm gonna lol if this is basically G27 with PS4 support and the shifter removed :lol:

G29 Shifter Doc
logo.png

Dear users, we notify you that the published certificates will be placed in the open registry during the day from the date of publication.
section_reestr.png
Part of a national register of issued certificates of compliance, designed for a single form

Certificate Number

CU RU C-TW.AYA46.V.69319

(Action)

Information about the applicant
Company "Logitech Far East Ltd."

Select chapter

The registry key

Certificates of conformity, decorated by a single form

Registry subkey

The certificate of conformity with the technical regulations of the Customs Union

For information about the applicant, the manufacturer, product

Type of applicant

Entity

Type manufacturer

Entity

Details of the legal entity (the applicant)
Type of applicant
Manufacturer

Full name

Location address

No. 2, Creation Rd., 4, Science-Based Ind. Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Taiwan (China)

Phone number

Fax

E-mail address
jyang15@logitech.com

Information about state registration
Details of the legal person (the manufacturer)
Full name

Location address

Taiwan (China), No. 2, Creation Rd., 4, Science-Based Ind. Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan

For information about the documents based on which the certificate was issued
The submitted documents
Application number 05-0999s from 10.04.2015, the typical representative: Joystick (shifter) for game consoles brand "Logitech", model: W-U0003

Grounds for issue of certificate
The test report number 1071k / 15 of 23.04.2015, the testing laboratory of technical means of electromagnetic compatibility Federal State Institution "State Regional Center of Standardization, Metrology and Testing in Moscow" (IL TC EMC FBU "ROSTEST MOSCOW"), reg . ROSS RU.0001.21ME19 number of 08.07.2011g. to 08.07.2016 r .; Act analysis of the production of the certification body "ROSTEST Moscow" (reg. № ROSS RU.0001.10AYA46 issued from 07.06.2010 to 06.07.2015, the) № B / 13/071-A1 from 10.08.2014, the

For information about testing laboratory

Product information
"Type Certification": serial production, the party single product
Batch production

Product Type
Imported

Full product name
Joystick (shifter) for game consoles (Logitech Driving Force Shifter) brand "Logitech"

Information about the product (type, make, model, grade, article, etc..), Allowing its identification
Model: W-U0003

HS Code

The name and details of the document, according to which the products are made
N Directive 2004/108 / EC

Other information that identifies products
Storage conditions standard at normal climatic factors of the environment. The lifetime (validity) is not set. The manufacturer of products (see. Annex - form number 0201606)

Details of the documents on which the manufactured products
Technical Regulations
TR CU 020/2011 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means"

Standards, regulations

The reduction of a certification of experts, work on certification
Information about the certification body
Full name
The certification body "Rostest Moscow" JSC "Regional certification body and testing"

Name of the accreditation body
Rosakkreditatsiya

Name of the head
Deputy Head - Mikhail Bogatov

Legal address

119049, g. Moscow, street Zhitnyaya, d. 14, p. 1

Location address

117418, Moscow, Nakhimovsky ave., 31

Fax
+74956682893

E-mail address
office@rostest.ru

For information about applications to the certificate

Table manufacturers

Number application form to the SS table manufacturer

Full name of the manufacturer
The manufacturer:

"Logitech Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd."

Legal address

CHINA, No. 3, Songshan Rd., Suzhou New District, PR China

"Megaforce (SHANGHAI) Electronic & Plastic Co., Ltd."

Legal address

CHINA, No. 599 Tian Ying Rd., Qingpu Industrial Zone, Shanghai, PR China

Details Certificate
Registration number
CU RU C-TW.AYA46.V.69319

Form Number

Start Date
07/05/2015

Expiry date
06/05/2020

What was his opinion was that this was a production unit, rather than for example a prototype.

He didn't give an opinion about the G29 being real or not.

G29 Doc
logo.png

Dear users, we notify you that the published certificates will be placed in the open registry during the day from the date of publication.
section_reestr.png
Part of a national register of issued certificates of compliance, designed for a single form

Certificate Number

CU RU C-TW.AYA46.V.69318

(Action)

Information about the applicant

Select chapter

The registry key

Certificates of conformity, decorated by a single form

Registry subkey

The certificate of conformity with the technical regulations of the Customs Union

For information about the applicant, the manufacturer, product

Type of applicant

Entity

Type manufacturer

Entity

Details of the legal entity (the applicant)
Type of applicant
Manufacturer

Full name

Location address

No. 2, Creation Rd., 4, Science-Based Ind. Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Taiwan (China)

Phone number

Fax

E-mail address
jyang15@logitech.com

Details of the legal person (the manufacturer)
Full name

Location address

Taiwan (China), No. 2, Creation Rd., 4, Science-Based Ind. Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan

For information about the documents based on which the certificate was issued
The submitted documents
Application number 05-0998s from 10.04.2015, the typical representatives: Wheel and pedals for game consoles brand "Logitech", model: W-U0002

Grounds for issue of certificate
The test report number 1070k / 15 of 23.04.2015, the testing laboratory of technical means of electromagnetic compatibility Federal State Institution "State Regional Center of Standardization, Metrology and Testing in Moscow" (IL TC EMC FBU "ROSTEST MOSCOW"), reg . ROSS RU.0001.21ME19 number of 08.07.2011g. to 08.07.2016 r .; Act analysis of the production of the certification body "ROSTEST Moscow" (reg. № ROSS RU.0001.10AYA46 issued from 07.06.2010 to 06.07.2015, the) № B / 13/071-A1 from 10.08.2014, the

For information about testing laboratory

Product information
"Type Certification": serial production, the party single product
Batch production

Product Type
Imported

Full product name
Steering wheel and pedals for game consoles (Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel) brand "Logitech"

Information about the product (type, make, model, grade, article, etc..), Allowing its identification
Model: W-U0002

HS Code

The name and details of the document, according to which the products are made
N Directive 2004/108 / EC

Other information that identifies products
Storage conditions standard at normal climatic factors of the environment. The lifetime (validity) is not set. The manufacturer of products (see. Annex - form number 0201605)

Details of the documents on which the manufactured products
Technical Regulations
TR CU 020/2011 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means"

Standards, regulations

The reduction of a certification of experts, work on certification
Information about the certification body
Full name
The certification body "Rostest Moscow" JSC "Regional certification body and testing"

Name of the accreditation body
Rosakkreditatsiya

Name of the head
Deputy Head - Mikhail Bogatov

Legal address

119049, g. Moscow, street Zhitnyaya, d. 14, p. 1

Location address

117418, Moscow, Nakhimovsky ave., 31

Fax
+74956682893

E-mail address
office@rostest.ru

For information about applications to the certificate

Table manufacturers

Number application form to the SS table manufacturer

The manufacturer:

"Logitech Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd."

Legal address

CHINA, No. 3, Songshan Rd., Suzhou New District, PR China

"Megaforce (SHANGHAI) Electronic & Plastic Co., Ltd."

Legal address

CHINA, No. 599 Tian Ying Rd., Qingpu Industrial Zone, Shanghai, PR China

Details Certificate
Registration number
CU RU C-TW.AYA46.V.69318

Form Number

Start Date
07/05/2015

Expiry date
06/05/2020

What was his opinion was that this was a production unit, rather than for example a prototype.

He didn't give an opinion about the G29 being real or not.
Hmmm yes it seems maybe I read that wrong myself. Lol

He was talking about the prototype not that there is a wheel or not.

Edit:treed

"Finally unveield, they really made a great job with keeping it under wraps. This is 100% production unit IMO"

I read it again and I see it could be read either way. I'm sure Amar has probably known about this for awhile.

Anyway what's the chance of my G27 getting PS4 goodness

"Finally unveield, they really made a great job with keeping it under wraps. This is 100% production unit IMO"

I read it again and I see it could be read either way. I'm sure Amar has probably known about this for awhile.

Anyway what's the chance of my G27 getting PS4 goodness

I was thinking about that, but realised business wise it probably wouldn't be wise for Logitech to support the old wheels (no one would buy the G29 since a lot have been buying the Thrustmasters and those who didn't just want support for their old wheels). But I could be wrong entirely, either way this is good news since it will probably be priced really well.

This thread is missing something....

I can't quite put my finger on it.....

Oh wait!

It needs : @Johnnypenso :D

Thought you were gonna say something
My thoughts are already covered by everyone else here. Looks bogus to me but if it's legit, it's esthetically speaking, the worst looking wheel in history, given it's supposed to be due out in 2015 or beyond. It looks like someone took a dremel to a controller and a DFGT and used some construction adhesive to put it together.

Last edited:
Hopefully that is just a prototype and not final retail model. I will be looking to get a new wheel in the next year so it will probably come down to this and T300.

Hopefully that is just a prototype and not final retail model. I will be looking to get a new wheel in the next year so it will probably come down to this and T300.
I'd get this, but first I gotta find a job before school ends or I gotta wait till September

If this is really true, maybe GT Academy has something to do with this. With GT Academy becoming global now, more and more players now get to have the opportunity to join its ranks of gamers-turned racers. And of course, in order for gamers to do that, they need the best steering wheel there is for the game's time trials.

It could also be that there are more upcoming racing sims aside from pCARS and GT, but we wouldn't know. And since people claim that pCARS is terrible with a controller, they would then be made to buy a steering wheel to play the game properly.

Just my two cents.

He confirmed it by ending his post with IMO?

This doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint. Why would anyone buy this wheel if you can buy a G27 for $200 that includes good pedals and a basic shifter, when this wheel appears to use the same base as the G27 and has no shifter? They'd never sell a single one of these wheels unless it was priced in the $150 range without the shifter.

Back