London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics - General discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 1,936 comments
Typical planning there. "When do the Olympics start?" "Saturday mate" "oh 🤬, we've planned the football for two days before that! Oh well" :lol:

Hey, there's actually some people there.. half chance for France after a long injury stoppage.

Alex Morgan! Easiest goal you'll ever see, all credit to Tobin Heath for getting absolutely hammered on the assist, Morgan could've blown the ball across the line. 4-2 USA.

No hat trick for Morgan, Rodriguez on for her. Hope Solo takes a hard fall after catching a cross.

Rapinoe off, after a great performance. Leroux on, haven't seen her before. France don't look like scoring at all.

France had a breakaway, screwed it up on the absolute worst first touch I've ever seen. Solo's ball.

Final. 3 points, hardest group game out of the way. 4-2 USA.

Last edited:
Wow, 5-0 to Brazil, I think they deserved it, everything about that peformance was impressive.

I kimda feel sorry for Cameroon

South Africa too; 3-0 down at half time, wow :(

At risk of saying something that could get me in trouble with my orher half, my opinion stops here ;)

If you haven't seen Lloyd's goal to go up 3-2 in the US game, look it up. It'll make up for any boringness you saw :).

Does anyone actually follow the competitors?

I follow the throwers because my cousin was friends with a lot of them, competed against em, etc.

By the way, everyone root for Jerome Bortoluzzi who made the hammer squad on the French team for what will be his first olympic appearance ever. That's one of my cousin's best friends.

Gosh some people should look at a map now and then :ouch:

:lol: The girl with the flag on her face kinda looks like a lamprey with the circled star right over her mouth.

I guess those Kazakhs who got the Borat national anthem played have someone to commiserate with now :lol:.

Spain are playing the japanese in the mens football right now at Hampden park..and they are 1 nil down and a player sent off!..so its going well for them then!!

MUSC4EVER
Spain are playing the japanese in the mens football right now at Hampden park..and they are 1 nil down and a player sent off!..so its going well for them then!!

And they won :D

Also, UAE and Uruguay about to start :)

In the match programme for the team GB match tonight its says that Joe Allen is an englishman!!!

Torch finally reached the Palace and was passed over in the presence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge by Lee. BBC reports that over 10 M people have turned out to see the flame.
Bond and Potter are going to be involved in the opening ceremonies; magic OHMSS. :)

How have UAE and Senegal made the tournament and we haven't? Epic failure :lol:.

Egypt scores again. 3-2 Brazil.

Last edited:
It was a good performance by team GB i thought!, much improved from the brazil game..its going to be tough to get through though as UAE nd uruguay will both be tough to beat!

Guess I should really participate in this thread, considering I live in one of the 6 host boroughs and competed at the Aquatics Centre in March :lol:

fe483aea.jpg

Picture I took on Day 65 of the Torch Relay :)

Love the fact that I live one underground station away from Stratford and couldn't get tickets for 🤬 all.

I bet you can barely move in London right now what with the thousands of extra people and more traffic there!!

I bet you can barely move in London right now what with the thousands of extra people and more traffic there!!

It's quite bad but I expected much worse. There are an insane amount of people at Stratford though, that kind of worries me because someone got stabbed at the shopping centre a few months back, even though there were alot of people around.

photonrider
Torch finally reached the Palace and was passed over in the presence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge by Lee. BBC reports that over 10 M people have turned out to see the flame.
Bond and Potter are going to be involved in the opening ceremonies; magic OHMSS. :)

Yeah, Colbert just showcased an article saying that 30 Mary Poppins will descend on a huge Lord Voldemort :lol:. He normally shows off real articles though, so I'm hoping it actually happens :D.

Also, his jokes about all the accused sex in the Olympic Village had me crying laughing :lol:.

I'm gonna be rooting for the teams from Seychelles, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Belgium, and Japan, even though I know the first 3 likely won't get any medals. Now if only Sealand had an Olympic team, and I would be really happy. :lol:

I can't belive that they put the South Korean flag out for the North Korean team. I bet their is going to be a lot more cock ups like that :lol:

Anyone know where to get a stream to the archery? Already the BBC are pissing me off..

Back