London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics - General discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 1,936 comments
I don't think Beckham should light it, he's just a footballer, he hasn't done anything really amazing.

I know he is not anything special from a sporting standpoint but he is one our most globally recognised sports personalities who has been a great ambassor for sport and for the country plus he grew up in that area. He is also quite likeable and incredibly humble. He is pretty much the only footballer I respect.

Photos leaked here is the US, pray that they are fakes... A VOLDEMORT at the Opening Ceremony Rehearsal? A huge VOLDEMORT?

Please no....

And I thinks the books and movies are terrific.

We just changed from BBC1 to BBC HD and the difference in sound is just ridiculous. On the HD channel it sounds really really 'big' and crystal clear. The picture is fantastic too. 👍 to the BBC so far, and the warmup itself hasn't been too bad either.

Can't wait to watch it! Hooray for tape delay. I need not enter this thread until later or else I'll ruin it for myself :lol:.

The middle of the stadium reminds me of your average kids model train layout.

How the hell have they done that white light effect across the crowd?!

There are LED posts between every seat in the audience.

I too loved the intro, it must have cost a fortune to film/photograph that. But the scenery and singing is very.....'twee'. :lol: I hope it goes more 'grimey' later to show the real UK.

Right i feel i should apologise for my post earlier on..as i think is struck a bit of a nerve, i am sorry, it has been on my mind lately, for the record i hope something like that WONT happen, perhaps i should have kept that sort of thing to myself and im, like others on this thread, looking forward to a great show tonight! :)

Since Munich, the threat of terrorism at international sporting events has always been something we cannot ignore. We hope for the best. Managing an event like this - on such a vast scale is no cakewalk.

Well . . . here we go: official opening ceremony. Enjoying a vacation with my youngest son - and we're watching this together; probably his first proper memory of a Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony.

I was thinking that but it's going through time, we're on the industrial revolution now and the transformation is looking good. They're literally peeling away the scenery! :lol:

Oh god, the dancing guys! :lol: The scenery is stunning but...the dancing!

Wow, these people really look like in the 19th century era, cool houses too, and what's with the tower rising up ?

They're showing Britain through time, we are now on the period of the industrial revolution so they are meant to be from the 19th century!

:lol: Wonder what they'l do for the riots, or maybe history will forget that. ;)

I was wondering that myself. Being Danny Boyle I reckon he'll show it, he doesn't usually shy away from reality. I'm loving the soundtrack, you can tell that it's Underworld and I reckon the album will be a good purchase.

And now The Shire has been transformed into what appears to be Isengard.

It all looks pretty amazing though, but man, the dancing. :lol:

Back