London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics - General discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 1,936 comments
So thats it then..officially no more events taking place..just the closing ceremony...im missing it already!:(

Moglet
Bastards have not only blocked the video but have penalised my account until it's removed! It's a 20 second video of a mascot, hardly like I'm broadcasting an event out to the world. No wonder we're going down the ******* in the UK :lol:

You posted an Olympic video ? Barricade your door and hide under your table, the IOC will be out to get you. :nervous:

BJBEOSmitty
And the number of foreign players in the premiership is enormous... Blocking only the very best British players from getting there, or limiting the playing time of others that do make it. The National Team, or GB team, then suffers.

Not really, any English players good enough can get through by playing in the lower leagues which are actually a very high standard despite what some are saying. When Beckham left for MLS many people were saying it was the equivalent of our division 3 or 4.

I will agree with you that some English players get limited playing tine due to foreigners. Man City bought Rodwell today who will now rot on the bench. The English team is actually rated 3rd in the world and for its not very big population, is actually pretty good,

Last edited:
I wonder who channel 4 have got to be pundits and presenters for the paralympics then? when the had the world championships on last year they had Otis Deley presenting and he was awful!!

MUSC4EVER
I wonder who channel 4 have got to be pundits and presenters for the paralympics then? when the had the world championships on last year they had Otis Deley presenting and he was awful!!

I hope they don't cram adverts into it.

Fair play to the BBC the coverage has been excellent. Glad they were in charge of it. 👍

I hope they don't cram adverts into it.

Fair play to the BBC the coverage has been excellent. Glad they were in charge of it. 👍

I was going to mention that..they have been just fantastic!, the coverage couldnt have been any better and i think they should win awards for it!

Can you imagine if it was on itv!! Adrain Chiles and an ad break every 5 minutes!!

And the number of foreign players in the premiership is enormous... Blocking only the very best British players from getting there, or limiting the playing time of others that do make it. The National Team, or GB team, then suffers.

There are plenty of good British players in the Premier League and the lower divisions.
Like all European countries though, players play in foreign countries.

The only reason we get a lot of talented foreign players in the Premier League is due to it being one of the most prolific in the world. Thats good for home-grown talent because of money spent on it. It means clubs can set up training academies and run junior teams.

But of course, the "talent is blocked" by the dirty foreigners. :rolleyes:

The only reason the GB team suffers is due to the restrictions on the over-23's playing and because the Olympics is not anywhere near the pinnacle of professional football. Quite simply no one cares about a gold medal in football. They care about the UEFA Champions League, the World Cup, the Euro..the Premier League..the FA Cup...

Bastards have not only blocked the video but have penalised my account until it's removed! It's a 20 second video of a mascot, hardly like I'm broadcasting an event out to the world. No wonder we're going down the ******* in the UK :lol:

Yeah it's the Olympic Committee at work. Probably anything with London 2012 gets an automatic look or block.

They are doing Blur, but Blur arent there!?

Pet shop boys!! i dont like them much!

Who the 🤬 are one direction?

Simon Cowell's equivalent of Skynet. I'm surprised your in the UK and haven't heard of them?

Gosh why does every global event need people dancing with dustbin lids :ouch: Great looking stage though.

Gosh why does every global event need people dancing with dustbin lids :ouch: Great looking stage though.

Stomp had a show over here in the Philippines not too long ago, they charged ridiculous amounts of money just for rhythmic banging of dustbins. :boggled:

Big up the Kinks!

Quite enjoying this so far except for 1 direction, having them was just madness. Hope the Spice Girls aren't playing ...

Big up the Kinks!

Quite enjoying this so far except for 1 direction, having them was just madness.

Was the kinks music that dreary!!! almost fell asleep!!!

Beautiful by Emilie Sande!!

Here come the athletes!!!

Last edited:
Bring on Queen and hologram Freddie.

I wish.

I heard Brian May is playing with someone, judging by past collaborations that could be anyone, including the Spice Girls. But, still Muse and The Who to look forward to. Plus Elbow playing their greatest song right now.

Edit: Quick, take pictures, the French are waving British flags! You'll never see that again!

Latest Posts

Back