Looking for a song?Music 

Having some trouble remembering a song. It's an AC/DC song, I think.

There's an intermission that I remember distinctly that sounds like the opening background to Highway to Hell (the guitar is similar, too):

But it's an intermission that takes place later in the song and I can't remember how it goes perfectly. I know the following:
  • It used a measure of 4/4
  • The guitar came in every second measure (only for that measure)
  • The guitar played either two or three notes each time it came in.
  • It lasted a considerable while.

Hi all.

About 10-12 years ago, back when I was just a wee lad, my dad put this awesome "rock christmas anthem" on my iPod shuffle (ahh, the good old days.)

It sounded like it was ripped from a radio broadcast of some sort, with a woman DJ who announced that it was the radio station's "Christmas Anthem" or something like that.

It's been a while, but I remember it had 4 songs;
-something by Cheap Trick,
-a second song (that I wasnt a fan of)
and then a very cool rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as well as a metal version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by some band with a woman singer.

I do not particularly care about the first two songs, but the Merry Little Christmas and Ye Merry Gentlemen songs were some of my favorites of all time. The Merry Little Christmas track was mostly bass guitar, it almost had a Smashing Pumpkins Vibe to it.

Anyways, my parents threw away the Mac that this set of songs was backed up on, and I cannot find my iPod shuffle.

I have scavenged Google and Youtube and Soundcloud, but I have no results. I'm afraid that it was so long ago that the only song I'll ever be able to find from it is the Cheap Trick one, which I was not a fan of.

So, in a last ditch effort, I ask the people of GTPlanet if anybody has any clue as to what any of these songs might be. They would all be older than, I'd say, about 2007.

I do not expect success, but it can't hurt to try!
Thank you for your time and I hope you all have a fantastic evening!

It actually starts a minute earlier. I knew immediately that it was a cover of The Cars' "Just What I Needed" and I let my fingers and ears lead me to this:

Thank you for sharing this music, I will add it on my playlist so that I can listen to it while driving.

There was a song like
'Give me a reason to fly,
Give me a *don't remember words here* to touch the sky'
I've heard it nearly 5-6 years ago and tried to find it on the Internet.
Maybe, smb here knows smth like this?

There was a song like
'Give me a reason to fly,
Give me a *don't remember words here* to touch the sky'
I've heard it nearly 5-6 years ago and tried to find it on the Internet.
Maybe, smb here knows smth like this?
Do you have enough of a recollection of it to assign a particular genre that helps to narrow it down?

I don't have much to go on but..

A song that sounds like Aerosmith's style but I don't think it was them, there's a lyric that's in the song a few times that sounds a bit like "skiddly-pop". Can anybody help?

I don't have much to go on but..

A song that sounds like Aerosmith's style but I don't think it was them, there's a lyric that's in the song a few times that sounds a bit like "skiddly-pop". Can anybody help?
Do you recall how you came to hear it?

Edit: Worth a shot...

Do you recall how you came to hear it?

Edit: Worth a shot...

That's the one thanks! I heard it in a pub. There was background noise going on at the time. I almost mentioned in my question that it also sounded a bit like Poison or Motley Cru.

That's the one thanks! I heard it in a pub. There was background noise going on at the time. I almost mentioned in my question that it also sounded a bit like Poison or Motley Cru.
You bet. I asked about the circumstance on the off chance that it could be revisited, such as in a movie, television program, commercial, etc.

I know that it is in French, but what was the song that was playing in Clarkson's radio during the Race to Blackpool episode (Series 12 Episode 4)? The song is quite catchy and I would like to see if I can get a copy of the song through Spotify.

Never mind, I found it.

Anyone know the name of this song?

From 18:48 to 19:48 it plays

You know, I've also been stumped by a soundtrack in this video. The song during the P1 segment. You get a snippet of it at 26:28, then a good portion at 29:16. And of course I can't find it anywhere in the official OST for this video.

Looking for an early-mid 90s-era sounding dance/electronic track, it’s actually a song from GT PSP’s soundtrack - heard it during a race. Sorry for the recording quality, I was actually in said race when recording it lol, but I really liked the song and didn’t want to forget about it.

https://z.zz.ht/14jU4.m4a

Could it be stepping inside with outside by aM?

The main drum beat sounds familiar. If not NFS Soundtracks has a list of the songs from the game here.

Does someone know the name of the theme song from the tv show,Find it,fix it,flog it.
It's an instrumental song.

Last edited:
Back