Open Looking for new racers

Discussion in 'GT6 Single Races & Time Trials' started by tarkus1, Jan 15, 2014.

1. PaulGrey

PaulGrey

Great racing last night with some great finishes. Fun was had by all. Next up Shelby's @ Apricot Hill. Let's get ready to get ready................................

MRTeam likes this.
  2. mckeag53

mckeag53

Mic-keg is how its pronounced. You guys can call me Parker if you like. I have a habit of adopting codenames in my racing clubs. Example; tjiger enough said lol

3. mckeag53

mckeag53

43 was closee than I anticipated. Blocked but I'd never side swipe him.
    How was laguna seca? Maybe I'll build a 3rd fto with my winnings....

4. tarkus1

tarkus1

These were some of the closest races I've ever been involved with. So kudos to Mckeag53 for holding me off in the last 100th of a second at Daytona. I still have an elevated heart rate from that ending!

As far as pronouncing the names correct, don't feel bad; "tarkus1" is actually supposed to be pronounced "super racer" so feel free to call me that any time lol. But on a serious note, I did hear lots of Mckegans thrown out there and had to wonder where the extra consonants came from.

That was some great racing though and I'm already looking forward to the Event next week.

PaulGrey likes this.
  5. tarkus1

tarkus1

This just in from Racetime Corporate:
    There have been numerous cases where drivers have been arbitrarily booted from the system. Regardless of the cause, the host (me) is increasing the internet service substantially. Whether or not this will make any difference for what we do is unknown to me and my limited knowledge but it's certainly a nice step.

6. PaulGrey

PaulGrey

Spinning Arrows Club, S.A.C. up and Race

7. mckeag53

mckeag53

Kegins. Like a beer keg run I suppose. Thanks for the great racing... work was awful and the memories carried me. I thank God for times like lastnight

8. mckeag53

mckeag53

Ha ha this would be a tattoo on one of my friends

9. mckeag53

mckeag53

Also I have some new ideas for a retro stock car series if you guys are interrested. Different day of the week of course.

PaulGrey likes this.
  10. PaulGrey

PaulGrey

I suggested we run the '70 Superbird's @ Daytona.

11. tarkus1

tarkus1

PaulGrey likes this.
  12. MRTeam

MRTeam

mckeag53

Keep in mind. It is your turn to organizing the April 3th and April 10th SAC events.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  13. PaulGrey

PaulGrey

14. mckeag53

mckeag53

Ooo I had no idea. Thought I had to win one of the endurance events. What car is running those events?

15. mckeag53

mckeag53

PS: With the new page I suppose that I will just start posting there.

16. FlipJ

FlipJ

Hey, found this thread and was wondering if there's still some room for an online newbie.

17. mckeag53

mckeag53

Always room, add TARKUS1 on the play station network as a friend

18. FlipJ

FlipJ

Ok, will do it later today when I get home.

Will read the whole thing again to try to not ask too many questions.
    No headsets still ok, though?

See you on the track!

19. PaulGrey

PaulGrey

There's always room for more people. Please send Tarkus1 a FR on the PSN. Then check out our club page in the club section. Spinning Arrows Club for info on our Thursday events. This week will be centered around our bi-monthly Enduro but, we also have Casual PP Thursdays every other week. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/8pm-est-thursday-night-spinning-arrows-club.305749/
    Headsets are not required but, is helpful. Stock.

20. FlipJ

FlipJ

Thanks, Paul.
    Will do and will also look into this Enduro race.

mckeag53 likes this.
  21. go6

go6

I have a black shelby gt500 ready to race....but i have to ask quick, are spoilers allowed? cause the 570pp seemed pretty low for having 700hp and 1720kg but anyways my lap time was pretty consistant around 1:24 or 1:25 although my quickest time was a 1:23:8XX what is everyone else running before we get to the track?

22. tarkus1

tarkus1

With my limited practice time I did manage to squeak out a 1:24XX. Although I do imagine that with about 40 laps of racing my time will decrease a bit though. As far as spoilers, you're free to add what you like as long as you stay within the limitations previously listed. My first go at it I had the flat floors mounted which meant I had to decrease my power limit substantially. Sure the car handled great but really suffered in the top end. I think JJG12345 can attest to that one.

go6 likes this.
  23. go6

go6

Thank you for the update, i do use a spoiler so my top speed like you mentioned will decreased a lot, i only setup my gears for 168mph. You will see me in a black on black GT500. can't wait!!! 8)

24. esenli

esenli

my psn
    esenli
    ı can join...pls add me

25. PaulGrey

PaulGrey

If you would like to join us, please send a FR to Tarkus1 on the PSN. The room will open at 8pm E.S.T. tonight.

26. tarkus1

tarkus1

In case anyone is reading this and wondering, we are still open for business. We are still looking for decent drivers from all over the globe looking to have a decent time with decent people running fairly casual, clean races.

27. esenli

esenli

if time of races suitable for me ı want join u are already my friend on psn)

28. Lincoln47

Lincoln47

I would like to race!

29. tarkus1

tarkus1

That's one of the best things about this club. You can just show up when it works best for you. There's no commitment and we don't expect everyone there all the time. If you make it tomorrow night, great! If not, hopefully you can make it the following week or really just any time you like.

30. tarkus1

tarkus1

Hi Lincoln,
    Of course you're welcome to come in and as long as the races stay clean you'll be welcome to stay as long as you like. Just send me an FR and show up whenever you like. Check out the post above, number 179.