looking for ways/info for tuning cars (any class)

United States
new york
Hotspac5150
getting tired of getting my doors blown out from drivers who have killer steering and awesome fast cars ?

where do I go to find tunes or steering setups (I have a xbox one s with game controller)

Some TIPS when I do upgrades and tune-ups.
I'm not a good tuner either, so this may not be helpful.
Again, I'm only writing about the basics. Depending on the car, you may want to do some upgrades or tune-ups that deviate from this method.

Assumption: you must do an AWD conversion. (except for Class D).

1: Standard value for each class of handling
I always do this first.
In my case, the handling reference values for each class are as follows. (For tarmac use, without Forza Aero)
  • S1:7.4
  • A:6.8
  • B:6.0
  • C:5.4
  • D:5.0
2: Weight reduction is not used
With the exception of a few cars, I believe that, basically, a heavier car has an advantage over a lighter car in FH4. The reason is that the lightness of the car is overestimated in the PI calculation. A lighter car is consuming that much extra PI. For this reason, I don't do lightweighting.
Except for some older cars, roll cage upgrades have the effect of slightly reducing the PI of the car.
This is because it has been calculated that the adverse effects of weight gain are greater than the effects of improved handling.
The small amount of PI gained from this effect can be used to improve the horsepower and grip of the car.

3: Install a racing transmission
Forza's default gear setting is basically set very wide. As a result, it is not possible to take full advantage of the car's performance.
I always put the racing transmission on and set it up closer to the cross until I get the proper gear ratio.
In my case, I basically set the car to reach 300km/h in S1 class, 250km/h in A class, 230km/h in B class, and 200km/h in C class.
This is an example of a top speed that can be reached smoothly in each class, and I set it this way to prioritize acceleration performance.

4: Installing drift suspension and racing sway bars, differential
The default suspension settings for the Forza series are set to understeer tendencies.
Because of this, I am always re-tuning the car to slightly oversteer tendencies.
Basically, we set the rear suspension and sway bar at about the same value as the front. Also, the default setting for the sway bar is too hard, so I always set the back and forth sway bar to about 18-25.

The differential is always set up this way.
  • Front acceleration: 15-20%
  • Front deceleration: 0%
  • Rear acceleration: 75%
  • Rear deceleration: 0-20%
  • Front and rear drive distribution: Rear 65%

However, the above examples are for RWD cars that have been converted to AWD.
If you convert a FWD car to a A-S2 class AWD, you'll see the following.
  • Front acceleration: 30-50%
  • Front deceleration: 0%
  • Rear acceleration: 50%
  • Rear deceleration: 50-75%
  • Front and rear drive distribution: Front 80-75%
This is my template in tuning. I tune it like this because I hate understeer.

I tune it like this because I hate understeer[/SPOILER]

Couldn't agree more with this...I hate understeer as well. I don't do tuning as I can't get to grips with it but I prefer tunes that are oversteery as you can correct oversteer whereas I find you are off the track by the time you've corrected the understeer! Of course, different people prefer different styles (IRL, if you look at Formula 1 drivers they differ as some prefer understeer, Vettel, and some prefer oversteer, Hamilton)

Latest Posts

Back