Los Santos 4x4 - General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 174 comments
Yes I like that color too! I have it on my dubsta (land rover style)
Btw how did you get the camel trophy logo?

And any plan of having and off roading session by the end of the week (hopefully not staruday as i wont be available until late at night)

Yes I like that color too! I have it on my dubsta (land rover style)
Btw how did you get the camel trophy logo?
Photoshop, but I'm sure you could create a crew logo like that and use it. Sucks that you can't put the logo wherever you want though.

And any plan of having and off roading session by the end of the week (hopefully not staruday as i wont be available until late at night)
I was going to try and do one on Sunday, but I can't find my original photoshop map files. I spent hours searching for a USB stick that I thought they were on and it turns out they were not. But I have a work trip next week that I have to prepare for so not sure this weekend would be best. Still trying to ramp things back up, try and find some ideas to get some interest since it seems to have died off.

Photoshop, but I'm sure you could create a crew logo like that and use it. Sucks that you can't put the logo wherever you want though.

I know right i wish you were able to put the Crew Logo anywhere you want it on your car like put it like twice or on each car door

I know right i wish you were able to put the Crew Logo anywhere you want it on your car like put it like twice or on each car door

It's so annoying when you think the logo will appear on the hood, but it only shows up on the driver side door, or even upside down on rare occasions.

Since I got this game a little over a week ago the most fun I've had is doing ridiculous things. Most of all is trying to get the Dashound tour bus up to the cable car platform. I guess maybe I'm just easily amused but I got pretty flippin far with it lol.

0_0 (21).jpg

0_0 (20).jpg

I was shocked to find how much off road traction the police cruisers have. I think that's gonna be the next thing I try to get to the top. One of those might just make it.

If there's another meet I'd be interested but I guess that also means I'd have to go setup my online stuff and get a truck or something :rolleyes:

I'm well up for a meet.

Haven't got a 4x4 online yet, I still need to progress and do a couple of jobs for money and level ups. I'm a sucker for just using the 6x6 offline.

A patriot will do me fine though and they're quite common so shouldn't be too hard to find one on the night?

Since I got this game a little over a week ago the most fun I've had is doing ridiculous things. Most of all is trying to get the Dashound tour bus up to the cable car platform. I guess maybe I'm just easily amused but I got pretty flippin far with it lol.

View attachment 244231
View attachment 244232

I was shocked to find how much off road traction the police cruisers have. I think that's gonna be the next thing I try to get to the top. One of those might just make it.

If there's another meet I'd be interested but I guess that also means I'd have to go setup my online stuff and get a truck or something :rolleyes:

I've done this. I drive the things IRL so it's hilarious driving them in GTA and off roading /stunt jumps etc.

Last edited:
Meet? Did somebody say meet? The only problem I'd have with a meet is which vehicle to use. The Mesa, one of my Sandkings or my Dubsta.

If I don't have a 4x4 for a meet online would it be possible for me to just steal a police cruiser to use once online? LOL

Idk how I'm going to fare in this online thing though. I stink so bad at games like this that I've pretty much just been robbing gas stations to get $ for my hospital bills and ammo... :rolleyes:

I've done this. I drive the things IRL so it's hilarious driving them in GTA and off roading /stunt jumps etc.

It's also fun driving them on the golf course... although the cops don't seem to like you doing it. You can push them into the water hazards easy enough though 💡

The Seminole is often overlooked. Not quite as powerful but smaller and lighter, yet still somewhat capable. Worth trying.

Yeah, I tried it offline but didn't really prefer it over a Dubsta/Baller/Patriot.

The normal Dubsta is my favourite but the Patriot I think is the most capable SUV due to the ground clearance.

Playing around a bit again last night. I think the off roading may be quickly becoming my favorite thing. Trying to see where you can get to and all the remote spots is quite a bit of fun...

0_0 (22).jpg

Finally snagged a squad to take up the mountain. Found some cops in pursuit, followed them until they were going slow enough and then helped them stop the guy. As they were shooting at and focused on him I calmly strolled over to their car and took off LOL. It took me quite a while to finally find an incline I couldn't get up in this car...

0_0 (23).jpg

When I did get stuck I thought hey what the heck I'll get out and take a picture. As soon as I did the car started rolling back down the hill. Luckily I was able to turn fast enough to watch it slowly rolling away towards certain death. It looked like it slowed down a little bit just before it fell out of view and I thought maybe it'd be ok. The following mushroom fire cloud told me otherwise.

Too bad we couldn't mod the cop cars with a lift kit and big dirt tires :lol:

Is it just the police cruisers that have ridiculously good off-road traction? I hope the civilian Vapid Stanier has the same performance.

I try not to use normal cars off road.

Purely because they're too good. It makes the 4x4's look crap really.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 4x4's with a proper torque split work fine, actually pretty realistic (to a point), the normal cars have way too much grip off road and on steep slopes.

So it's not that the 4x4's are crap, the cars are way too good.

I actually enjoy the fact that you are scrabbling for grip in the off roaders sometimes, as you would be in real life. But to have a sultan just waltz past you like it's on tarmac just isn't cricket I'm afraid.

I try not to use normal cars off road.

Purely because they're too good. It makes the 4x4's look crap really.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 4x4's with a proper torque split work fine, actually pretty realistic (to a point), the normal cars have way too much grip off road and on steep slopes.

So it's not that the 4x4's are crap, the cars are way too good.

I actually enjoy the fact that you are scrabbling for grip in the off roaders sometimes, as you would be in real life. But to have a sultan just waltz past you like it's on tarmac just isn't cricket I'm afraid.

I also think it's a bit ludicrous that a Zentorno with almost no ground clearance whatsoever can just fly past a Sandking on dirt or mud. No. Just... no.

So I made a truck trial :D

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com.../jobs/job/kgd4Eotj1kuwpsSQ_NqFwQ?platformId=2

Check it out.

Has some technical points, and some fast points. Quite fun, with one serious challenge.

Let me know what you think. Its my first attempt, but I'll be making another utilising chiliad and the surrounding area more.

I've now bought a house, and will have the money to buy a rusty rebel very shortly.

Anyone up for an unofficial meet in the next few days?

0_0.jpg

Last edited:
I actually enjoy the fact that you are scrabbling for grip in the off roaders sometimes, as you would be in real life.
Maybe, but I get frustrated quite easy when I'm just crawling up a steep hill and one tire barely lifts off the ground, stopping my progress to it can spin away. Pretty lame and quite unrealistic for a car that should have true 4WD like the Canis Mesa aka Jeep Wrangler.

I must admit my favorite is probably the Sandking just because it looks like a proper off roader 👍
Having a huge lift kit doesn't really make it a proper off roader. :lol: Big trucks like that are for people that have, uh, you know... :P

...uh... a big garage door?
Funny story, there's a house down the street from me that always has a truck parked in the garage. However it's too long to fit in there properly so they can't close the garage door all the way. Meanwhile, the Nissan Xterra parked in the driveway that would fit in there just fine, sits outside. Crazy people. :P

Having a huge lift kit doesn't really make it a proper off roader. :lol: Big trucks like that are for people that have, uh, you know... :P

You're right about them not necessarily being good off road... but it is fun to drive over almost anything in the game.

Stole me one of these online today and then blew basically all of my VERY paltry bank account on paint and wheels :nervous:

0_0 (24).jpg

And.... then.... proceeded to total it. So yeah there's that, and the $475 insurance claim, but man was it fun :sly:

Back