Lotus 97T Super Lap - Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter et_
  • 306 comments
I just noticed there are a bunch of aerokit that can be installed in GT auto for this car (remove brakeducts for example) does those things make a difference?

et_
I just noticed there are a bunch of aerokit that can be installed in GT auto for this car (remove brakeducts for example) does those things make a difference?
Not sure about the brake duct ones, but the rear wing ones give you 20 extra rear DF. I have it installed.

Not sure about the brake duct ones, but the rear wing ones give you 20 extra rear DF. I have it installed.
But its faster with 1900 instead of 2000 rear DF so should'nt really help anyway...

et_
But its faster with 1900 instead of 2000 rear DF so should'nt really help anyway...
I have it installed, but I lower DF back down since it doesn't help in this TT. But for certain online races at smaller tracks, I'll use the extra DF.

Best seasonal ever.
Me and three friends have an ongoing competition for the fastest time, within your own friends' rankings. We started off doing like 1:49's, but in watching the top replays and fine tuning and learning critical shift points, etc..we're up to 1:46.4 - 1:46.8 (all within 4 tenths of each other). For me, the seasonal has acted as a learning tool for the 97T - I feel much more confident and understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of this car now.

Also, the feeling of running a solid lap, in this car, on this track, at or near the limits of the car, is complete driving bliss.

On a side note, although we're all in the top 250 worldwide, still an insurmountable 4+ seconds off of #1. Ouch.

Best seasonal ever.
Me and three friends have an ongoing competition for the fastest time, within your own friends' rankings. We started off doing like 1:49's, but in watching the top replays and fine tuning and learning critical shift points, etc..we're up to 1:46.4 - 1:46.8 (all within 4 tenths of each other). For me, the seasonal has acted as a learning tool for the 97T - I feel much more confident and understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of this car now.

Also, the feeling of running a solid lap, in this car, on this track, at or near the limits of the car, is complete driving bliss.

On a side note, although we're all in the top 250 worldwide, still an insurmountable 4+ seconds off of #1. Ouch.
Im thankful other people share this feeling. It's crazy, isn't it?

loving this one too- hope we get the Lotus again at Suzuka just before the Japanese GP.
I think I've driven over 1000 miles and just got down to the low 1.45s for my first top 100 in a couple of years! but the skill levels required to take another 2 seconds off that are beyond my comprehension!

Anyone using the e-break at all? I have used it a bit in Rivage. I'm down to 1:45.9xx, but I know I'm losing a lot of time at les fagnes and the bus stop. Also got to use the manual a bit today with sound! Haha, got to 1:46.1 but didn't get much time in.

Got a bit of time in yesterday, and I somehow managed to break into the 1:45's, didn't think that would be possible when I was struggling to get gold earlier on! Into the top 150 (as of last night), that's the best I've ever done in a TT by a country mile... looking back at the replay though, it seems so scruffy compared to the any of the top 10. It reminds me of the Vettel X challenge from GT5, going through most of the low-med speed corners there's a fair bit of smoke billowing out from one side or the other, it does make it look rather odd to say the least.

Got a bit of time in yesterday, and I somehow managed to break into the 1:45's, didn't think that would be possible when I was struggling to get gold earlier on! Into the top 150 (as of last night), that's the best I've ever done in a TT by a country mile... looking back at the replay though, it seems so scruffy compared to the any of the top 10. It reminds me of the Vettel X challenge from GT5, going through most of the low-med speed corners there's a fair bit of smoke billowing out from one side or the other, it does make it look rather odd to say the least.
Nice going, very good time. As for the smoke, the 97T is the first car I've seen do it and it looks really odd.

Just made a 1.52.... Great for me with a pad. It seems Like there are 1 - 2 sec. More to go faster. THX for all the tunes Here. I went and set the rear Dampers to 1_1_7. It was good for me-:-) :-) :-)

Moving goal post alert! :lol:
Don't look now, but the goal post just moved another 0.6 seconds to 1:46.930 which was good for 301st last time I checked. Yeehaw!! :D

Unfortunately I think I have hit my limit as it was really difficult for me to better this lap and not go off the track. I have not been able to hit Pouhon properly yet. I either turn too late and go wide or turn too early, hit the inside curb and get pushed off the track. :irked:

Huge thanks to Weider, Oshawa-Joe and TRL_beau for their useful advice/tunes. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying this event. Best one in a while. Currently at a 1:47.965 position 538. Will try a bit later to get into the 500’s. @Stewyripper, I'm coming for you, slowly, but surely :cheers:

I can sometimes keep up with @et_ on the straight after Eau Rouge, but then Elias does as extra terrestrials do and he disappears into the distance, never to be seen again :bowdown:

Thoroughly enjoying this event. Best one in a while. Currently at a 1:47.965 position 538. Will try a bit later to get into the 500’s. @Stewyripper, I'm coming for you, slowly, but surely :cheers:

I can sometimes keep up with @et_ on the straight after Eau Rouge, but then Elias does as extra terrestrials do and he disappears into the distance, never to be seen again :bowdown:

Keep trying you can do it.:cheers:

Managed to knock it down to 1:45.4 last night, which just about put me into the top 100, although I have a feeling I won't be in there for too long... I still can't quite believe it, seeing as I'm usually around the 2-3000 mark when it comes to TT's... I think it's fair to say I'm enjoying this one!

That lap was done in 3 laps (first one not redlapped) and is Weider's tune unchanged. You should be able to keep up. You can do it!:)

et_
That lap was done in 3 laps (first one not redlapped) and is Weider's tune unchanged. You should be able to keep up. You can do it!:)
Highly doubt I will be able to keep up with you.... but I"ll try. Thanks for the motivation :cheers:

Highly doubt I will be able to keep up with you.... but I"ll try. Thanks for the motivation :cheers:
Well at least @Weider tune is absolutely amazing, I have only added the ballast and kept my oil and chassis in check and it seems every time I improve my time it I always make couple of really obvious mistakes which I could avoid "easily" if I just kept my nerves on check, there's just something making me really nervous out there, maybe it's the enormous sun :D

ODB
Well at least @Weider tune is absolutely amazing, I have only added the ballast and kept my oil and chassis in check and it seems every time I improve my time it I always make couple of really obvious mistakes which I could avoid "easily" if I just kept my nerves on check, there's just something making me really nervous out there, maybe it's the enormous sun :D
Using the same tune. Its amazing. My final gear is set at 2.650. It always happens that I'll be ahead of my ghost and get too excited .. And then I'll blow the lap!

Back