• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 182 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Lotus 97T Super Lap: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

TT#66 - Lotus 97T Super Lap @ Circuit de Spa Francorchamps.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
My World record for this time trial in 2014
This time trial was amazing when I did it

Great job, what setup did you use or can recommend?

Used a tune from @Weider to get Gold, not sure how low i can go with it, it's certainly not bad ;)
Need more practice for track knowledge and just bought the car, so no experience with it either.

Looks like the TT to go for most of us?! Have fun where ever you drive! :cheers:

Put down a few laps with the excitement of the first day of a new TT.....

IMG_9130.JPG

The 97T was in my garage but have never driven it either. Was a little worried when I spotted the PP required for this TT but I must say, it's a great car to drive.

👍

Why are people talking about setups - according to the header only gears and downforce can be changed, or is that not true?

Great job, what setup did you use or can recommend?

Used a tune from @Weider to get Gold, not sure how low i can go with it, it's certainly not bad ;)
Need more practice for track knowledge and just bought the car, so no experience with it either.

Looks like the TT to go for most of us?! Have fun where ever you drive! :cheers:
@Weider tune when I tryed it was very good

I just watched my last year lap and was like I smashed it, can't believe im already that close lol

Wow, I thought this one was going to be frustrating, but I only had two invalid laps before I posted a legal one, and it was a little more than two seconds faster than a gold time. I've had a much tougher time with other trials.

1:53.951

Thanks for that tune. It feels a bit floaty, kinda like an old Cadillac in the corners, but man, smoking the tyres in 3rd to 4th is hilarious. The gear ratios are great in keeping the turbo in boost and the time just falls off the lap if you can keep it together. It is a bit unrealistic in terms of set up, but it works very well for a gold lap. I got to 1:51 after a few attempts.
I put the steering at 640 degrees to load it up with weight and turn sharper, as well as a little bit of damper adjustment. Nice.

Hadn't driven the Lotus before, other than the Senna events. So I started with a near-stock setup and gradually tweaked it til I went under the gold time; 1:55.370. It still had stock spring/damper/ARB rates, and quite low downforce, so I'm sure there are a couple more seconds on the table even with my ham-fisted driving. It's surprising how well the 97T rides the kerbs through the middle of the lap.

Slightly O/T, but back in the 80s, Senna used to blip the throttle through the corner to keep the turbo spinning to overcome lag when he was able to go full throttle on the corner exit. Strangely enough, in the days of blown diffusers, Vettel got a chunk of his advantage over his team-mates (and everyone else) by doing something very similar to get extra downforce from the exhaust gas. F1 drivers are a different breed...

Make a 1:48.5.

Downforce is important here I think. With less downforce you are faster but its harder to handle.
I don't know how that aliens making laps under the 1:45 :bowdown::lol:. But this is fun 👍

Edit: Is it better to do a oil chanche with this car?

Back