Lotus 97T Super Lap: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 182 comments
Haven't played that much in the last months but since i love this car/track combo i tried a few laps... Got 1:51:010 with praiano tune up here in post #8, ds3, manual, tcs1. I just failed a 1:49:900 without tcs for a really minor accidental cut :banghead: still having fun 👍

Is it better to do a oil chanche with this car?

I tested both. Yesterday I made 1: 50.8 with a brand new car without changing oil. Today I bought another, same adjustments with oil change and power limiter: 1:50.3. Now, tried again with changed oil, 100% power and 16 kg of ballast position 10 and I got 1: 49.831. In doubt if the car is getting better or if it is me. Every time using @Weider setup.

Maybe we can start it up again because @DrAug, AgroCulture, Chris, DannyB, @NikMakozi and @IMMORTALPILOT, and a few here like Beau and Lightning, might not agree with my assessment of you being the best, in fact they'll have great fun disagreeing with me!
I wouldn't agree because there's no proof on who's the fastest lol

Besides there's always a track where someone doesn't like what can make them start losing so really I say no 1 is the best lol

Oh yes. This is a good one.

Coming from the recent FGT series I'm feeling quite quick here (candidate for a PB ranking I think) , but the drop in times for the top 10 or so ...it's crazy !

Good luck folks, and never forget when you 🤬 up your quick lap at the last corner , you won't ever be the only one :lol:

Finally came back to GT6 again a few weeks ago, after years of off-and-on interest in the seasonals. The wait for GT Sport is killing me lol. Got a decent tune on the 97 and ran a 1:49.336, putting me at #136 a few days ago. Biggest problem is I just can't get a grip on the car without TC on at 1, I can see all the leaders have ABS/TC at 0 and it makes a HUGE difference, esp in 1st gear. running a gamepad btw.

There's a lot, A LOT of time to gain just by using the gearbox in certain ways, I don't know what configuration the leading drivers are using, but with the @DaBomb330 gearbox it's best to avoid using G1 and G2 altogether, and if you use G2 into T1 or the last corner for turning in only use it for a split second and G3 the exits, and even short shift G3 into G4 on these exits can help.

Into the last chicane, I brake hard just before the white line on the track, and change gear almost immediate to G2/G3 and turn in as I lift off the brakes, a little hover on the throttle to keep revs up, and then floor it down the start finish line!

I wish I had time to do this trial!

Well after a month of pain thanks to my oral surgeon, I had my first pain free day today and it helped a lot. Did a fair bit of tune trying and finally found RacingLine's tune, a ripper, I found it elsewhere because I haven't been on this thread for a while and then I get on here tonite and there it is.:dunce: I also mucked up because I had to redo the rigidity so I thought may as well change the oil while I'm here, dropped it to 875 bhp but I dragged out a 1.49.233 even thought I outbraked myself at the entrance to the last right left, ended up on the opposite side of the track but somehow still got the thing through there.

Is it true you can buy another one of these? I looked all over the other day after I changed the oil and could not find them anywhere, or I guess I'll just have to stick some weight in it. Good to see you all doing so well.:cheers:

Is it true you can buy another one of these? I looked all over the other day after I changed the oil and could not find them anywhere, or I guess I'll just have to stick some weight in it. Good to see you all doing so well.:cheers:

Yes - search for name 'lotus' in car search and you find it!
If you look at the Lotus dealership you won't find it, because it's a 'Senna' and not a 'Lotus' ;)

Good to read you're better :cheers:

Well after a month of pain thanks to my oral surgeon, I had my first pain free day today and it helped a lot. Did a fair bit of tune trying and finally found RacingLine's tune, a ripper, I found it elsewhere because I haven't been on this thread for a while and then I get on here tonite and there it is.:dunce: I also mucked up because I had to redo the rigidity so I thought may as well change the oil while I'm here, dropped it to 875 bhp but I dragged out a 1.49.233 even thought I outbraked myself at the entrance to the last right left, ended up on the opposite side of the track but somehow still got the thing through there.

IIRC, oilchange + ballast is faster, but if you want a new car...
Car dealership > Asia/Pacific > Ayrton Senna > Lotus 97T
Yes - search for name 'lotus' in car search and you find it!
If you look at the Lotus dealership you won't find it, because it's a 'Senna' and not a 'Lotus' ;)

Good to read you're better :cheers:

Thank you very much my good men, I'll go both ways today (cars I mean) and see how I go. Should be fun and Alex, you can slow down a bit now, you know, take it easy on me. :D:cheers:

I hadn't played GT or any other racing games in over a year, but last night I decided to hook my G27 up and turn a few laps.

I decided to give this event a try, but I knew I'd be rusty. I didn't want to mess with any tunes, so I just went for it with the stock setup (I was hitting the rev limiter up the Kemmel Straight). It took me about an hour, but I eventually got a 1:55.8xx.

I know there's at least 1.5 seconds in obvious mistakes that I could clean up (most notably Les Combes, Rivage, and Stavelot), and I know a good tune and more practice could shave another couple of seconds.

Anyway, it felt good knowing that my skills hadn't completely diminished after such a long time away.

What I find mind boggling in these TT is not only the quick lap times of the front runners... But especially how soon they already post these times.
I am generally aiming with my limited skills for a top 250. That takes me a lot of time and often close to the whole month of the running competition.
The top guys set these impressive times in the first few days.... Unbelievable and RESPECT!

Back