Lotus 97T Super Lap: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 182 comments

:cheers::gtpflag::gtpflag:is that you turning green CC? i know you going to get there, so no way I can relax. However, i'm off on my annual vacation on Friday for two weeks, so plenty time.

I'm using TC1. I have tried everything I know, and all that happens is I spin out without it on. Question I have is how much time am I losing, if any??? Some expert advise would be appreciated.

Oh the foul smell of HUMBLE PIE. :drool: as CClifford goes wizzing past by 4 tenths. :bowdown::bowdown:. I'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If you're like me UTL, you will never know because I'll never finish a lap without it. One gentle touch and a mm of throttle and I'm gone. I just switch it on and of if I'm not too busy.

I learnt today that a bit of road rage helps sometimes, I messed up a few good laps and my shoulder with the crappy tendon was giving me a hard time so I kinda decided to belt the 🤬 out of it and ended up with a 1.47.5xx with a couple little hiccups, though how the bloody hell did I do that? and parked up happy.:)

If you're like me UTL, you will never know because I'll never finish a lap without it. One gentle touch and a mm of throttle and I'm gone. I just switch it on and of if I'm not too busy.

I learnt today that a bit of road rage helps sometimes, I messed up a few good laps and my shoulder with the crappy tendon was giving me a hard time so I kinda decided to belt the 🤬 out of it and ended up with a 1.47.5xx with a couple little hiccups, though how the bloody hell did I do that? and parked up happy.:)

Hey Retiree good stuff man i'm surprised I have a wheel left i've hammered it a few times.

Well, I was pretty pleased with getting down to 1:52.129 until I came on here and saw all the alien times... :bowdown:
Still a bit of time to be found with the setup (tweaked a few settings but still got stock spring rates and need to experiment more with the ARBs), but probably a whole lot more to be found with the driver!

1:46.465.

By the end of this trial I'll have learned how to drive this car. Me thinks it will go a lot quicker around corners than I'm game to try it at present.

Been chasing 'fordlaser' and have just managed to sneak in front. Your turn now Ford. (you're not a QLD'er are you? You won't be playing during State of Origin will you? I couldn't. Go the Blues!

1:46.465.

By the end of this trial I'll have learned how to drive this car. Me thinks it will go a lot quicker around corners than I'm game to try it at present.

Been chasing 'fordlaser' and have just managed to sneak in front. Your turn now Ford. (you're not a QLD'er are you? You won't be playing during State of Origin will you? I couldn't. Go the Blues!
I am from Adelaide Dalone and good time btw :cheers:, I have been a Blues fan for a very long time, Go the Blues 👍.

Edit: I can not better my time Dalone, because when I paly GT Sports beta it upsets my driving style I think when I play GT6, so playing both games is a nightmare for me at the moment.

Last edited:
Traitors.:rolleyes:
I believe that should be .... WINNERS! We'll see shortly.

I am from Adelaide Dalone and good time btw :cheers:, I have been a Blues fan for a very long time, Go the Blues 👍.

Edit: I can not better my time Dalone, because when I paly GT Sports beta it upsets my driving style I think when I play GT6, so playing both games is a nightmare for me at the moment.

I'm waiting for the new game then I'll buy a new wheel and of course, our houses 3rd PS4, (boys have one each).

I'm a bit late into this seasonal challenges. Big thanks to @Weider for the specific tune for SPA. I used it, and it works absolutely great:cheers:
I managed a lap time of 1:48.052. I used traction control 1, and ABS 1. Ride height 60 60.

IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

Great fun, and even more challenging if you use the DS3 controller, that I'm using, lol.

Come on Wolf68....no quitting. Get the right setup and then it's laps, laps, laps. i've already done 2,000+klm on this one, many many restarts. You can do it man :gtpflag:

@UpTopLog I'll keep at it, I think like a few others here there is a lot more in this car than I can get out of it. I'll keep practicing and see if I can make my goal of 1.49:xxx. Thank you for the encouragement!! :cheers:
I have the @Weider tune and the @praiano63 tune on the car, but have had the most success with a tune of my own using bits of advice gleaned from the forums here. So, I will continue to adjust areo and ballast to see if I can improve.

@UpTopLog I'll keep at it, I think like a few others here there is a lot more in this car than I can get out of it. I'll keep practicing and see if I can make my goal of 1.49:xxx. Thank you for the encouragement!! :cheers:
I have the @Weider tune and the @praiano63 tune on the car, but have had the most success with a tune of my own using bits of advice gleaned from the forums here. So, I will continue to adjust areo and ballast to see if I can improve.

Hi Wolf68, that's the stuff. Just clocked a 1.44.250, blowing a 43 in the process, nearly 4,000klm on the car lol. I'll send you a set up i've adapted from @weiders, perhaps it will help.

Cheers

Hi Wolf68, that's the stuff. Just clocked a 1.44.250, blowing a 43 in the process, nearly 4,000klm on the car lol. I'll send you a set up i've adapted from @weiders, perhaps it will help.

Cheers
Would be cool if you could post it here, i'm interested as well. Still at 1:48.1xx, no time to drive 'til Sunday :-(

Cheers

@UpTopLog Thanks brother, I would really appreciate the help!

@AlexAlien I won't be able to get back to the race until this weekend as well...see you there!!

This one has driven me over the edge. I barely squeaked out a bronze. I have 2 cars, One with tunes by @praiano63, @Weider and @Jeje6410 and the other completely stock. I haven't driven a car this fast since my wheel broke. I have tried every aid available and having ASM on is how I got the bronze. I have done multiple 360s, at least 30 DQ'd laps and penalties for supposed short cuts. I just don't seem to be able to control the car with the D-Pad. I have never been able to drive with the joystick but do use the right one for gas and brake. I gone from -2 to +5 on controller sensitivity which doesn't help either. I've tried rigidity, ballast, max down force. I managed a couple of 1:49 laps how I have no idea but they were red laps.I'm done. When frustration sets in there is no fun factor. I play for fun and relaxation and this one is far from fun to me. I sincerely appreciate all of those who have given me good information regarding tunes and such. I have the prize car already and the paint chips I could care less. I'm not one who easily gives up but with this one has done it for me. To all who have had success 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::bowdown:

Hi

There are a few things i've learnt from this TT, and that is even the best guys tune may not suit you, and do not be afraid to use aids. If the game allows it, it's not cheating. Us mere mortals are not in the Top Ten league.

This is my setup with some comments;

Using oil change, 16kg's ballast@ 10%
Do body Rigidity
Traction Control 1
Active steering STRONG

60/60
21.69/23.70
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-35/-45

Brakes 5/5

Transmission as per weider but final gear 2695

LSD: 5/12/5

Downforce: 1500/2000

If anyone can add improvements to this by all means. 1.44.250 currently.

Fred

Hi

There are a few things i've learnt from this TT, and that is even the best guys tune may not suit you, and do not be afraid to use aids. If the game allows it, it's not cheating. Us mere mortals are not in the Top Ten league.

This is my setup with some comments;

Using oil change, 16kg's ballast@ 10%
Do body Rigidity
Traction Control 1
Active steering STRONG

60/60
21.69/23.70
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-35/-45

Brakes 5/5

Transmission as per weider but final gear 2695

LSD: 5/12/5

Downforce: 1500/2000

If anyone can add improvements to this by all means. 1.44.250 currently.

Fred
Great tune Fred 👍, it really suited my driving style :). I chopped .5 off my previous time in less than 100kms of driving with it, and was able to break into the 1:44's (only just). Only things I did different to you was no TC or AS (edit: I'm not against using them, just choose not to). Thanks for posting it 👍:cheers:

Last edited:
Back