Lotus 97T Super Lap: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 182 comments
I am from Adelaide Dalone and good time btw :cheers:, I have been a Blues fan for a very long time, Go the Blues đź‘Ť.

Edit: I can not better my time Dalone, because when I paly GT Sports beta it upsets my driving style I think when I play GT6, so playing both games is a nightmare for me at the moment.
I don't think your the only 1 lol, I have same problem so I gave up lol

Great tune Fred đź‘Ť, it really suited my driving style :). I chopped .5 off my previous time in less than 100kms of driving with it, and was able to break into the 1:44's (only just). Only things I did different to you was no TC or AS (edit: I'm not against using them, just choose not to). Thanks for posting it đź‘Ť:cheers:

Pleasure FPV. In order to be quicker I will have to rid myself of TC and AS, I'm just too impatient. The most frustrating thing without TC is constantly spinning out. Bit of a heavy foot.

Sometimes when I see some people who want to look high in the rankings supposedly playing with buttons without any help, I do not know if I have to laugh or to sue ... but I just do not give them meaning because as they say in my homeland:better first in Village from last to town ....

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
image.jpg
Pleasure FPV. In order to be quicker I will have to rid myself of TC and AS, I'm just too impatient. The most frustrating thing without TC is constantly spinning out. Bit of a heavy foot.

@UpTopLog with your tune I managed a 1.52:345, thank you so much for the help!!
I then went and modified it, 57/55 ride height, compression 2/2, ballast at 5, final gear 2680 to get the above time

Well I did a 1:48.821 so far, 1 second slower than I was last time.
Using Praiano tune with Weiders Dabomb transmission tune, The same as I used last time.

Good for 495, Not to bad with the DS3.

With a little more time I think I can definitely beat my time from last time.
I dont know why but Pouhon is still the hardest turn for me. Either I turn to early and jump the curb and spin or I turn to late and go wide and invalidate my lap.

Edit:
1:48.416 Good for 422.

Last edited:
Somehow i got a 1:46.751, way better then what i thought was my limit a few days ago...
I probably have to thank my finnish friend, we're fighting everyday on this event, it's a personal thing at this point :lol:

full
Starting believe a 47 class is possible for me. :D
Just little tweaks in @Weider tune.
Final Gear 2,635; Downforce 1500-1800; Ballast 16 kg pos.+5; LSD 5-20-6
Some laps before I was riding @UpTopLog tune and got 1:49.12. Thank you very much for the help đź‘Ť. Just returned to @Weider tune 'cause it were more familiar to me after riding it for about 600km and easier to find what I was looking for in the tweaks.
After getting my time, in the pits, during the oil change. I noticed that the rigidity were compromised. In case of doubt I did not restore it.
Someone here is getting good times with the rigidity deteriorated or is it better to restore it?

Edit: Grammatical errors :banghead:

Last edited:
Hi

There are a few things i've learnt from this TT, and that is even the best guys tune may not suit you, and do not be afraid to use aids. If the game allows it, it's not cheating. Us mere mortals are not in the Top Ten league.

This is my setup with some comments;

Using oil change, 16kg's ballast@ 10%
Do body Rigidity
Traction Control 1
Active steering STRONG

60/60
21.69/23.70
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-35/-45

Brakes 5/5

Transmission as per weider but final gear 2695

LSD: 5/12/5

Downforce: 1500/2000

If anyone can add improvements to this by all means. 1.44.250 currently.

Fred

Thanks a lot @UpTopLog for this beautiful tune. I just realize 1'48'697 . With my tune I could not do better than 1'50'. Thanks again @UpTopLog :bowdown::bowdown: :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Edit : 1'48'398 with no body rigidity and no ballast

Last edited:
1:55.824

with these (just FYI, no claim of "productivity") for a few moments fun

999 bhp
Sports soft (highly preferable)
60mm/48mm 19.92 20.97 3 3 3 3 0 0 0 0.18 brakes 5/4
transmission: default except final gear at 4.160
drivetrain 13 40 30
downforce 970 / 1150

Hi

There are a few things i've learnt from this TT, and that is even the best guys tune may not suit you, and do not be afraid to use aids. If the game allows it, it's not cheating. Us mere mortals are not in the Top Ten league.

This is my setup with some comments;

Using oil change, 16kg's ballast@ 10%
Do body Rigidity
Traction Control 1
Active steering STRONG

60/60
21.69/23.70
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-35/-45

Brakes 5/5

Transmission as per weider but final gear 2695

LSD: 5/12/5

Downforce: 1500/2000

If anyone can add improvements to this by all means. 1.44.250 currently.

Fred

With due respect to Your setup, it didn't work for me. The big changes in Your setup were the damper extension & compression that were set to 1.
Because of this, I couldn't take Eau Rouge flat out. If I tried going over the kerbs, car would get imbalanced enough to go off-track.

With due respect to Your setup, it didn't work for me. The big changes in Your setup were the damper extension & compression that were set to 1.
Because of this, I couldn't take Eau Rouge flat out. If I tried going over the kerbs, car would get imbalanced enough to go off-track.

Hi Uday9479,

As I originally stated, my tune is essentially the brilliant tune by @Weider, with a few tweaks that suited my style of driving. I hope you find the answer to that problem, and let me know what you did. The only time I have not been able to take Eau Rouge flat out was when the downforce was too low.

Good luck mate.

1: 47,578 in a brand new car to accommodate @UpTopLog setup with improved body rigidity installed (wasn't used in the previous car due to shared folders with other tunes), Ranking 307 so far. Thanks again mate :cheers:. Awesome car!
Always good battles with my friend bukutsu... Managed a 1:47:534. How the hell those guys pull out 1:42's with no abs??????
edit: 46 barrier achieved. 1.46.964

Last edited:
My onboard lap (1:42,560) this isnt my best time, but its the only one that i film. Setup is in the Description, Hope you like it! :)

Great lap. Enjoyed it. It seemed as if You were driving a current generation F1 car.
Tried using Your settings but am getting a lot of wheelspin in the medium speed corners.

Great lap. Enjoyed it. It seemed as if You were driving a current generation F1 car.
Tried using Your settings but am getting a lot of wheelspin in the medium speed corners.
Maybe you can put a less value in the rear spring rate, i guess you can put near to the minimum. And change lsd value to 5/10/5. I agree that wheelspin a bit, but if i put more traction, this car have understeer in the highspeed corner, i wasnt able to run so quick. But it was more stable.

Always good battles with my friend bukutsu... Managed a 1:47:534. How the hell those guys pull out 1:42's with no abs??????
edit: 46 barrier achieved. 1.46.964

Well done Sir :cheers:. A pleasure to have you as a friend. I think I have a few tenths left, I'll try to find them. I'm doing well in the first and last sector. Losing some time in the middle.

Back