Lotus 97T Super Lap: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 182 comments
Did some changes to my setup, base is still @UpTopLog's tune, now with default Aero Kit and Wing as it was supposed to be, Brakes 7/10, FG 2690 and LSD 6/11/6, all other settings unchanged.

With clear weather i was able to lap a 1:45.468 (Top 150 for the time being) - in a morning session ;) :lol:

:cheers:

Well done mate.

Did some changes to my setup, base is still @UpTopLog's tune, now with default Aero Kit and Wing as it was supposed to be, Brakes 7/10, FG 2690 and LSD 6/11/6, all other settings unchanged.

With clear weather i was able to lap a 1:45.468 (Top 150 for the time being) - in a morning session ;) :lol:

:cheers:
I better get a move on, you are only 1,000th sec behind me. ;)

edit.... Whoops, improved a tad to 1:45.299 for pos #132.

I have been 3 tenths up on my time so could conceivably get a very high 1:44 time, however getting it all together on the one lap is the problem, as we all know. No matter.

Last edited:
I think my this TT & overall PS3 days are numbered.
The issue has cropped up today where the PS3 switches off after 2 seconds or so. Will give for repair but time for PS4 perhaps!

4WUo9eZ.jpg

This is a brilliant tune by @RacingLine! This car is the best car in the game, and he's the best driver of it and this tune was created for Spa...

Why has this car 902 bhp?
-the default car have arround 1000 bhp,so what am I missing??
..are you telling to turn power down...??

Why has this car 902 bhp?
-the default car have arround 1000 bhp,so what am I missing??
..are you telling to turn power down...??
@Weider 's setup is not specific to this event, its an allround setup, dont bother with the power specs.

-Do an oilchange, then add 15kg ballast (16kg if you move it backwars), to get the optimal specs.

Did it! 1:44.965 for pos #118. Now I can rest easy until the new TT starts.

Mind you, I am a bit dirty because I was .280 up at the last section. No matter, all good.

Bugga, just looked at the settings and I am on 897PP and 0.54kg/bhp, missed an oil change.

Last edited:
I have to say that I am amazed at the talent of the Aliens. I downloaded and studied Immortals lap I cannot say how many times. I use his ghost to chase, though it tends to be more like waving it goodbye. Anyway, at the start to the first corner we are about equal, I take it about as perfectly as I can, and he's gone. How on earth can you take that corner that fast? The closest i've gotten to the top of the hill is ,3 which is a long way. We are doing the same speed by now, 333kph, but it's how quickly he got up to that speed. What are we plonkers missing?? We hit a limit, and nothing we do improves that.
Which brings me to a question I would like to ask. Steering Wheels. I have the GTDF Wheel, and it has seen it's fair share of mileage, not to mention the odd bit of abuse. It seems to me there is a fraction of a second delay in high speed corners. Is this a possibilty?? Do wheels make a difference?? I would like to hear what the guys think.

Cheers

I have to say that I am amazed at the talent of the Aliens. I downloaded and studied Immortals lap I cannot say how many times. I use his ghost to chase, though it tends to be more like waving it goodbye. Anyway, at the start to the first corner we are about equal, I take it about as perfectly as I can, and he's gone. How on earth can you take that corner that fast? The closest i've gotten to the top of the hill is ,3 which is a long way. We are doing the same speed by now, 333kph, but it's how quickly he got up to that speed. What are we plonkers missing?? We hit a limit, and nothing we do improves that.
Which brings me to a question I would like to ask. Steering Wheels. I have the GTDF Wheel, and it has seen it's fair share of mileage, not to mention the odd bit of abuse. It seems to me there is a fraction of a second delay in high speed corners. Is this a possibilty?? Do wheels make a difference?? I would like to hear what the guys think.

Cheers

Funny you should say that UTL, I have the same problem with your ghost. I'm about a second behind right up to the first esses then it's tata Fred. I must have equalled my time a hundred times but I cannot for the life of me get under it even though I've been a half second up to the same esses I just can't carry it through.
It was doing my head in so I spent the last week on GTS and I come back to find as usual you all going quicker still, but this time I'm not getting sucked in.
As for the wheels I've had most of the Logitech ones up to the G27 and G29, and like Cory says the 27 is better than the older models, natural progression, then the 29 is better again and in my opinion my TS300 is a bit better still. The delay is I believe more between my ears and I don't have a real problem there but my drama is initial turn-in, all the wheels want to cut in before the corner, can be a real pain in the butt. But I could never return to a controller because I'd be getting run over everywhere. :gtpflag::cheers:

Been driving different cars for fun, with some surprises...

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

First attemp, got push off the track!
Second attempt, got a 10 seconds penalty trying to overtake David in a corner. Grrrr... REVENGE!!!

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

Another small improvement to 1:44.909 for pos #112. It's all gravy now.

Big evening though, final State of Origin Rugby League game. Blues all the way, this time.
Sorry to see your evening ruined mate, but you're nearly 3 seconds up on me so I guess that's something. Queenslander!!!:cheers::D

Plus I think Mary Ann got a bit excited.:)

Last edited:
Had a short run on this last night before making preps for the new TT threads and managed to do a 1:47.6 for final pos #489... :crazy: ...that is a full 1.3 seconds faster than the time I did in the original TT. I'm sure it could have been a little bit faster but I just cannot keep it completely neat & tidy for a full lap in the Lotus. :nervous: :ill:

Well done all. 👍

In 2015 some started saying this game was dead... but just compare the top 10 of 2014 with the one we´ve had.
00552094e5d25272e8a709398ba842f2.png

92e82f56fb9b0197a5a10fc34c6b68f4.png

In this TT as an example we can see much more level. I must congratulate @IMMORTALPILOT, I thought he didn´t participate in 2014 because he didn´t like the car, but know he showed us what he´s capable of with open wheels. Also my friend @TRL LIGHTNING, second getting less than 41. Also great podium by the best teammate one can have in online Formula racing leagues, @Nik_Makozi, getting that third place in the last days just by 1 thousandth. I will be always impressed by @xife10´s capacity to play just for a few days and be in top 5 of the leaderboards, definetly best Spaniard and Iberian in the game in the last two years. I have to say the same about @Igor Fraga, thank you for your setup in the name of our team, Gran Turismo Hispano [GTH].

This hasn´t been the TT I´ve played the most, but it has been the one I have been more obssesed with. I tried to do something I think was more often in GT5 seasonals: doing a great lap with both DS3 and wheel. I managed to do a quick lap last night after coming from vacation, finishing 18th, the highest I´ve ever been. But I´m specially proud of my lap with DS3, finishing 50th with a 1:43.835 and beating @jontikis 2014 DS3 record of 1:44.159, I must say it was quite a hard challenge. At first I thought I wouldn´t get less than 1:45.0 with controller as I haven´t played seriously with it since mid 2015, but you just need to believe and practise.

Soon I will upload hotlaps and comparision videos of this TT, keep an eye to the thread!

Last edited:
Back