Lotus 97T Super Lap: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 182 comments
Can anyone explain the benefit(s) of not having ABS with this car?

If this makes any sense, even in this game, for some - again, for some! the "human response" is far superior and faster/quicker to electronic, programmed responses to tire slippage. The same applies for any of the assists offered. Like you I also noted the quicker drivers had ABS switched OFF, I tried it but could not find that braking sweet spot that would not lock the brakes up. I know the skill can be learned but I'm not willing to put that much effort into it (which isn't the case for the "ALIEN's" as we reverently refer to those who ARE willing to put the time and effort into being the BEST in the World) - hence I'll NEVER run with the FAST, QUICK drivers in the game.

Don't know when was the last time I drove with M/T. Today managed a 1:51:916 which was close to my best time of 1:51:438 that was achieved in A/T.
Still face a few headaches especially with the slower turns, especially the chicane at the end, where the tyres skid enough to emit smoke. I wonder if the toe angle needs to be anything else other than 0 & 0?
I know maximum downforce will give more stability around turns but lesser overall speed on the Kemmel Straight & the straight leading to the Bus Stop chicane. What would be the best setup for the wings?
But enjoying this drive mainly because it's Spa & driving a F1 car is quite fun around here.

Don't know when was the last time I drove with M/T. Today managed a 1:51:916 which was close to my best time of 1:51:438 that was achieved in A/T.
Still face a few headaches especially with the slower turns, especially the chicane at the end, where the tyres skid enough to emit smoke. I wonder if the toe angle needs to be anything else other than 0 & 0?
I know maximum downforce will give more stability around turns but lesser overall speed on the Kemmel Straight & the straight leading to the Bus Stop chicane. What would be the best setup for the wings?
But enjoying this drive mainly because it's Spa & driving a F1 car is quite fun around here.
I suggest you try UpTopLogs tune, if you haven't already. Cheers.

Improved to 1:49:633.
Still when turning tight, the wheels leave a lot of smoke behind. The final chicane is really wanting me to take a aspirin!
@UpTopLog - Using Your tune. Thanks. I can still improve much but don't know where to try some adjustments apart from aero.

Will be working on it from Wednesday, there has to be more.

Though clearly there is more, where the 🤬 is it hiding???

Last edited:
Alex Hi, that downforce of 2020 is a typo i'm assuming.

No typo Fred, i installed Aero Kit B and Rear Wing type B as mentioned in the updated Weider tune (Post #18).
I thought you based your tune on that as well, maybe missed this part?
If so, it's obviously not that important in order to get a great time ;)

My current level is at 1:46.2 on an average lap, with rear wing settings from 1900-2020 and FG from 2670-2690, so it's still my driving and not the tune that's to blame ;) - hopefully i can improve a bit to stay in the Top200 :nervous:

Fingers crossed for your quest to the 1:43 :cheers:

Hi, long time lurking the forum. Very bad driver inside :D Don't understand half of the setups generally. Yours often give a car hard to drive, as far as i am concerned ^^ I tried so much the lotus without success. I used your setups. I felt that some were good but my fingers on the DS3 weren't sensitive enough! I was stuck at 1:57, often 2:00...and i tried luck. Put the downforce at max, it helped me to pas the raidillon at max for the first time and to gain speed in other turns. First try, 1:54. My setup don't seem very rational : downforce at max and ride height at max too, but it worked ... happy :)

sorry for the late response
i used weinder setting........ only i changed brake to 8/10 and FG 2600 and DF 1500/1650 ......
and sorry for the low quality i dont have any recording Equipements... i used my phone :D and recorded the replay
time 1.43.761

Thanks for the vid!
Where's the setup [ in the description] not sure could not find anything.

No setup given. In the video, just before the bus stop chicane, he switches ABS to 1 from 0.

Back