Love Gt5, But desperately needs AI patch before any DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTNewfie
  • 25 comments
  • 2,545 views

GTNewfie

(Banned)
Messages
163
Messages
mastorofpuppetz
IMO, Ai needs to be improved before we get any DLC. I would love some new A-spec tracks, cars, events, but IMO, its all pointless until we get some resemblance of competitive AI.
 
Err...
Improved Opponent AI Algorithm
The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

That already happened in the 1.10 patch and now the AI is top notch. 👍
 
Err...

That already happened in the 1.10 patch and now the AI is top notch. 👍

HUH? The AI is still atrocious... Dont fight for position, break way to early, speed up to late out of turns. Ai is still poor.
 
Why should this have to be introduced before any DLC. What's one got to do with the other?
 
I agree. The AI is improved but far from competitive. That's one of the reasons the seasonal events are events and not races. Because unless they give the AI a long head start you will blow by them in no time.
 
Why should this have to be introduced before any DLC. What's one got to do with the other?

How is adding more tracks gonna help a-spec when the AI are just pylons? There is no sense of racing in this game because the AI is so bad. No intensity, nothing to challenge you at all.

I hated shift 2 and its terrible handling, but the Ai and racing in that game is intense, too bad the rest of the game was crap.
 
AI in this game is still a joke. I tried doing the Grand Valley 300km with a stock Skyline R34, but I got an unbelievably huge lead in just a few laps. I just quit afterwards because it was so boring.
 
In my experience, if you drive a FAIR car against the AI now, they will be a lot more difficult. I've tried this, and it's true.
 
In my experience, if you drive a FAIR car against the AI now, they will be a lot more difficult. I've tried this, and it's true.

an untuned ferrari 458, or a untuned motul autech are great cars for seasonals,
 
Then we will never get DLC...:rolleyes:
 
I really like the new AI, I had a great battle with two AI cars down the Mulsanne. We kept drafting each other, over taking, running 3 wide and out braking each other at each chicane and into Arnage, I was very impressed! If your fair with them they give you room.
 
LMAo, the excuses people use.... If you drive fair? I drive clean and fair, that has nothing to do with terrible, passive AI, that breaks to quick, takes too long to speed up after turns..

The seasonals start you off in last with the Ai having a big lead for a reason.....

Always loved GT games, but the AI is way behind the industry.
 
my favorite question to my computer science teacher, back in the day, was:

"Sir?, between which two CPU BUS CLOCKS to programmers wish to implement A.I?"

I was the only nerd in class, so I laughed by myself.
 
RobGT81
I really like the new AI, I had a great battle with two AI cars down the Mulsanne. We kept drafting each other, over taking, running 3 wide and out braking each other at each chicane and into Arnage, I was very impressed! If your fair with them they give you room.

That's another thing. Fix the drafting.
 
People can point to the "improved AI" in the 1.10 update, but the AI still spins at the Nurburgring chicane in Formula GT.
 
I don't really think the IA is atrocious it's just too damn slow. They should make it faster to resemble human lap times more closely.
 
I find AI is way too cautious. Often when you go side by side through a corner the AI car lift off throttle and let you pass on the exit losing lots of time instead of just keeping position.
 
I think the AI is improved as of the last patch in the sense that they don't always crash into you if you happen to get off line or go off track, but they are still not very competitive. Somewhere along the line they changed many of the A-Spec races to rolling starts to give the AI a big lead ... I swear there were many races in A-Spec that were standing starts before, but now it seems like they are all rolling.

It's still just a battle with the one car that breaks away from the pack ... sometimes two. They never block and fight you for the position. I think improving that overall behavior would require a complete rewrite of the game. It would be nice if they made all AI cars within 5% of that crazy fast #1 AI driver, then races be somewhat competitive.

It's OK though, you can always find competitive drivers online. 👍
 
Err...

That already happened in the 1.10 patch and now the AI is top notch. 👍

In SuperGT with an untuned Lexus it's all a matter of catching the leader, you are not racing, just slaloming those slow aspec drivers until you catch 1st place. Sometimes with an untuned car I get 2nd but it's not racing, racing is something else. Overall...
GT5 the Real Slalom of Lapped Cars Simulator.
 
AI is really macho and it plays without AIDS including ABS off. Try that. The AI will be harder. Also use the same tire type as the AI.
 
I think the AI is alot better now actually. Me an the toyota seven had epic battles in the historic race.
 
Don't know if I'm playing the same game as some people, but all they've done is make the AI slightly less annoying. In the past they'd blindly drive through my rear wheels to get to that driving line, now they slow down and play dead till I'm fully passed them. There's no 'racing' in GT5 offline, it's basically a time trial, to make it through all the semi-retarded Ai chicanes, before the race ends :)
The OP is right IMO, without Major improvements, any DLC will get old really quickly, -for people who aren't into the online.
 
When I race sometimes there seems to be only one or two really competitive AI cars, but most of the time it's still rubbish.
I will agree that it's slightly improved, but not enough...
 
Back