Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
I think, most likely, that this moon buggy will be part of the revamped Special Events section, along with Senna races, Goodwood events etc.

I think, most likely, that this moon buggy will be part of the revamped Special Events section, along with Senna races, Goodwood events etc.

"Drive from point A to point B and back before your oxygen runs out" . Not sure what else they can do with it. I certainly hope it's not a race on the moon.

Gran turismo is supposed to be a racing simulator.
Wtf is this?.
Get the basics of cars right first instead of a million nissans and a moon vehicle.
ridiculous.

819802994.jpg

Gran turismo is supposed to be a racing simulator.
Wtf is this?.
Get the basics of cars right first instead of a million nissans and a moon vehicle.
ridiculous.
Actually, Gran Turismo is a driving simulator.

Museum?
Pebble Beach? Goodwood? SEMA?
1886 Daimler? WWII cars?

Encyclopedia indeed, gent.

I don't think mentioning that they add a bunch of odd ass cars sometimes rebuts the statement where I specifically acknowledged that they add a bunch of odd ass cars but otherwise barely pay lipservice towards the concept. I doubt a 1000 page encyclopedia would be accepted as a source at an accredited learning institute if 15% of the pages were copies of other pages (with most of the information incorrect in addition), 10% of the pages made up the information outright as it suited them and another 10% of it made up information and used some of it to advertise the book but gave a vague throwaway line saying that it might not be true if you read closely. I also doubt that mixing in less than a dozen pages with unique information (with extreme variation of historical significance) would change that.

Again, when PD actually start bothering to take the thrown around "encyclopedia" aspect seriously rather than a flimsy pretext to allow them to do weird things, it will start being something more than a flimsy pretext to allow them to do weird things. As it is now, however, buried in the car list that it is, the rover is far more of a PR stunt than it is something contributing to a perceived grander purpose of the franchise as a whole.

Last edited:
Some of the reactions here are bordering on lunatic... :sly:

More cars and tracks than ever and in higher quality with brand new physics and even the promise of new engine sounds.... but the inclusion of an easter egg and there's an outcry..? I would've thought the concept of adding a novelty item for amusement was a given in the modern gaming world.

Great, the incompetance tree have branched into the crazy tree.

Never again will I give PD my money.
Good. You sit in the corner on your own counting your money.

Moon race alpha anyone?

"One small step for Kaz... One giant egg for mankind"

The Moon Buggy '11.....From top gear season 16 finale.
Awesome off road capability.
Has 6 wheels. All of them have 90 degrees of turning circle.

Make that happen!

Some of the reactions here are bordering on lunatic... :sly:

More cars and tracks than ever and in higher quality with brand new physics and even the promise of new engine sounds.... but the inclusion of an easter egg and there's an outcry..? I would've thought the concept of adding a novelty item for amusement was a given in the modern gaming world.

No, games are serious business now. There are targets to deliver on, and fun is just too hard to do.

I don't think mentioning that they add a bunch of odd ass cars sometimes rebuts the statement where I specifically acknowledged that they add a bunch of odd ass cars but otherwise barely pay lipservice towards the concept. I doubt a 1000 page encyclopedia would be accepted as a source at an accredited learning institute if 15% of the pages were copies of other pages (with most of the information incorrect in addition), 10% of the pages made up the information outright as it suited them and another 10% of it made up information and used some of it to advertise the book but gave a vague throwaway line saying that it might not be true if you read closely. I also doubt that mixing in less than a dozen pages with unique information (with extreme variation of historical significance) would change that.

Again, when PD actually start bothering to take the thrown around "encyclopedia" aspect seriously rather than a flimsy pretext to allow them to do weird things, it will start being something more than a flimsy pretext to allow them to do weird things. As it is now, however, buried in the car list that it is, the rover is far more of a PR stunt than it is something contributing to a perceived grander purpose of the franchise as a whole.

Why do you always think PD is dishonest ? Again, it's pure interpretation from something that you are not able to appreciate.

Back