Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
Yeah I'm the first to complain about that, a lot of disciplines but never accurate physics. But unlike as you said, I can't see any dishonesty from that. They just take bad decisions.

I looked up the stats of the real rover.

Weight: 210 KG
Power: 0.25 HP

Wow... That works in Moon's gravity, I guess. The problem is in Earth. I don't think that car will go faster than the Daimler Benz Carriage Patent Wagon thing. And if my memory serves me well, that car couldn't complete a full lap in many tracks due to the lack of power.

Wow... That works in Moon's gravity, I guess. The problem is in Earth. I don't think that car will go faster than the Daimler Benz Carriage Patent Wagon thing. And if my memory serves me well, that car couldn't complete a full lap in many tracks due to the lack of power.
Every track I tried it wouldn't go up a small up slope.

Well hell, its completely out of leftfield but I'll drive it. Its one of those vehicles you just have to screw around with because its so funky.

Also, I tend to disagree about this being a waste of time because honestly in my mind, I already got to see 50 of the cars I wanted to see in GT and much more so I don't even mind this.

because

Apollo15.jpg

>

BMW-M-cars_1527761c.jpg
bmw-m-models-13.jpg

sorry for the rant.... i was really really hoping for more modern classic BMWs

Well hell, its completely out of leftfield but I'll drive it. Its one of those vehicles you just have to screw around with because its so funky.

Very true but it would be way better to have a car that tons of folks are going to use in tons of races instead of a novelty.

Very true but it would be way better to have a car that tons of folks are going to use in tons of races instead of a novelty.

And technically there's plenty. Honestly, I'm surprised they even got the cars they did in that list. I think The amount of cars many people will use (which will be the fast ones no doubt) far outnumber this one oddity. Yes, they could've gotten the P1 or the Laferrari (still the laziest name I've ever seen on a car), but who's to say they won't have those for DLC?

What a total waste of time. I'd rather they modelled a Lada or something. At least then we could have a laugh. Instead of sitting in our quarter horsepower rovers being defeated by a slight incline.

This will be looked at and nothing more, because it will be impossible to drive it anywhere. Unless they're doing driving on the moon simulation, in which case PD have totally lost it.

sorry for the rant.... i was really really hoping for more modern classic BMWs
Yeah, we kinda get that you are a BMW fanatic at this point. The way people are going on about the bloody E30 makes me think it's overrated. I'd much rather have the Hakosuka GT-R as premium, or the Lotus Carlton, both of which are far more impressive than the E30 M3.

If you're going to send a car to the moon, why give it 1 HP? Whoever makes that thing should stick a Lamborghini V12 inside it since they have infinite Obama supplied money :lol:

A "Dream Game" in my opinion is a game where the unexpected appears and everyone is happy. I mean did anyone expect them to add a moon mission/race here?? There were other aspects in the trailer that surprised the hell out of me as well. Such as the 59' Stingray Racer and the Gen 6 stock cars. GT6 is a dream come true!

i'm still baffled that people are complaining about this.
I understand they could have spent the time modeling another couple cars, but then what? I'd much rather have this and a moon than 2 regular cars. What can pCARS say? What can Forza say? It's what makes a game different than other games. Uniqueness.
In my SERIOUS opinion, I absolutely love this. GT has always had a couple abnormal cars in each game, and I love that.

i'm still baffled that people are complaining about this.
I understand they could have spent the time modeling another couple cars, but then what? I'd much rather have this and a moon than 2 regular cars. What can pCARS say? What can Forza say? It's what makes a game different than other games. Uniqueness.
In my SERIOUS opinion, I absolutely love this. GT has always had a couple abnormal cars in each game, and I love that.

What can Forza and pCars say, you ask?

"We actually spent our resources on things that will be worthwhile and useful to players."

Ah. The "unique" qualifier. Surprised it took this long to come up by name.

Would really be nice if people stopped with the "Its better then PCARS and Forza!!" crap already. This isn't a vs thread.

Back