Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
Would really be nice if people stopped with the "Its better then PCARS and Forza!!" crap already. This isn't a vs thread.
I never said it was better...or comparing them. Forza has a livery editor- great if people want to use it. GT now allows you to drive on the moon- great if people want to use it.

EVERYTHING in EVERY game is optional. You may not complete a game or get the most out of it by not doing some part of it, but if you don't use it, what are you losing or gaining if it doesn't interest you? They're appealing to a bigger audience.

No matter what car included, there's always going to be those who opposes it and adore it .. such is the flavor of life. All cars are resources wasted IMO, some felt less wasted when the cars are from their wish list, while there will always be some who felt otherwise, just because :insert many reasons here:

I think a special event where you can go around a moon course in this thing would be fairly unique, though might be pushing the boundaries of realism a bit regarding the GT series. It would be pretty fun though with zero gravity, maybe have a license test up there with an unlockable astronaut race suit :lol:

No matter what car included, there's always going to be those who opposes it and adore it .. such is the flavor of life. All cars are resources wasted IMO, some felt less wasted when the cars are from their wish list, while there will always be some who felt otherwise, just because :insert many reasons here:
Exactly... even if you put every single vehicle and every single surface known to man into a game, people will still complain...

Actually, I think most people would be alright with having tons of cars that they can drive on tons of surfaces, though the "people will always find a reason to complain" argument is always worth a shot, I suppose.

I'm also wondering how much more appeal the blatant gimmick cars actually add to the game, if the contention is that they add more then just putting in cars that are comparatively functional would.

I never said it was better...or comparing them. Forza has a livery editor- great if people want to use it. GT now allows you to drive on the moon- great if people want to use it.

EVERYTHING in EVERY game is optional. You may not complete a game or get the most out of it by not doing some part of it, but if you don't use it, what are you losing or gaining if it doesn't interest you? They're appealing to a bigger audience.

The "What can pCARS say? What can Forza say?" comment came off abit as a vs comment (like somehow this game is way better due to the inclusion of this car). I didn't mention anything about it being a waste and not sure where that is even indicated in my post, I simply just found that portion abit unnecessary.

@Tornado I thoroughly enjoyed the World War era VW's in GT5 until that stupid top gear special event made me despise them.

Exactly... even if you put every single vehicle and every single surface known to man into a game, people will still complain...
The amount of dupes would be astronomical ( nice word play I know ).

@Tornado I thoroughly enjoyed the World War era VW's in GT5 until that stupid top gear special event made me despise them.

The amount of dupes would be astronomical ( nice word play I know ).
That part would be understandable. I mean people would be like "OMG WHY IZ TEH TOP GEAR ELECTRIC DIESEL THING IN THIS GAME"

They must of had low power drifting in mind. Steel tyres should make it much easier than those Damilers. *shakes hands*

100 years from now when humans become space-faring travellers, GT6 will be remembered as the game that has the Patent Wagen of space. Personally, I appreciate all kinds of cars. As long as it has 4 wheels, and engine and can be driven, I want it in the game.

People need to understand that Kaz is a visionary. He makes weird decisions sometimes, and project planning isn't his strong suit, but it's things like this that makes GT special from any other racing game out there.

I've only put 20 km on my Schimmwagen in GT5, but when I first drove it I grinned ear-to-ear. Haven't driven it much since, but I'm grateful it's in the game. The Lunar Rover will be much the same. Would I prefer they put the McLaren P1 or LaFerrari in the game? Yes I do. But those cars are likely going to be added later. The Rover is one of a kind 👍

No, I don't like when people throw up "but GT is a car encyclopedia" as an excuse for every odd ass car inclusion when PD don't actually bother making the game much of a car encyclopedia outside of when they add odd ass cars. I especially don't like it when PD comments that they realize they overdo the car encyclopedia aspect even when they shouldn't, then turn around and continue doing the same thing they said they would cut down on.

But you can certainly get back to me on how the GT series is a teaching tool for automotive history when PD take the hundreds of fake and/or copy-pasted Miatas and S2000s and 350z and 3000GTs and RX-7s and Lexii and Skylines and Hondas out of GT7; and when they stop completely making up car statistics to artificially balance the cars in the game (which I hope to be the case with GT6 but hardly assume will be done); and when they stop filling the game with fake race cars that they give little indication that they don't actually exist to the extent that they turn one of them into a massive publicity stunt. When they start actually bothering to make the GT games an encyclopedia, like they did for the first two titles, they will be a lot better.
Ah. The "unique" qualifier. Surprised it took this long to come up by name.
Museum?
Pebble Beach? Goodwood? SEMA?
1886 Daimler? WWII cars?

Encyclopedia indeed, gent.

What can Forza and pCars say, you ask?

"We actually spent our resources on things that will be worthwhile and useful to players."
Affordable steering wheel accessories? ha

I'm done with these crap POV's.

Then maybe you shouldn't argue with them. I don't understand why people are under the impression anyone that disagrees is a "troll" or "Overly negative" when they express the opposite opinion. There's a massive difference between expressing displeasure and just flat-out Bitching over everything.

Then maybe you shouldn't argue with them. I don't understand why people are under the impression anyone that disagrees is a "troll" or "Overly negative" when they express the opposite opinion. There's a massive difference between expressing displeasure and just flat-out Bitching over everything.
Did I come across as arrogant or a prick? Imagine what a lot of us think about other people's "opinions".
Tornado has great POV's most of the time. But what the jfkjfokdnf.

Not to be snotty towards you, but I have an opinion! Opinions aren't against the AUP lol. I really don't care to sound like an a-hole to you. There are only a few people here that I don't care about and Tornado (and you) aren't a part of that group.

I can see in the future, the Moon will be a favorite photo travel location, with it's unique lighting and environment :) Imagine a white candy Veyron on the surface of the Moon, posing with the driver wearing astronaut suit :lol:

Not very happy about this vehicle along with a few others. Not the fact that it is included but because vehicles of an importance to racing game/sim could have been added otherwise.

People need to understand that Kaz is a visionary. He makes weird decisions sometimes, and project planning isn't his strong suit, but it's things like this that makes GT special from any other racing game out there.

I love how whenever Kaz does something weird, someone is bound to attribute it to him being a visionary.

Maybe he is. He certainly came up with a very successful recipe for a racing franchise. But that doesn't mean that everything he does is visionary. He puts his pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us, and occasionally he makes bad decisions.

At best, the lunar rover is a marketing ploy. A great one, it should be said. It's a really good hook to get people talking about the game, it makes for great advertising, and it does encourage people to have at least one go of the game to see what the rover is like.

What it doesn't do is enhance the experience that GT is known for, driving cars. The lunar rover is a car only in the most broad sense of the word. It was mostly a motorised equipment trolley that had seats for the astronauts as well, as they never went further than they could walk back. All three real rovers combined drove less than a hundred kilometers.

It's a showpiece. There are vehicles of far greater motoring significance than this that could have been included (Austin Seven?), but would not have been as great a marketing boost.

Hopefully it's the prize for getting all golds (or all S-license golds), so I can get it early on.

Back