LX1: Finale- X1 VS X1 + Epilogue

United States
San Francisco,
machate-man
dowby
Legend of the X1
*I've decided to Abbreviate the name to LX1, as it's slightly shorter.
This is a story that involves the X1 Prototype, and Two Brothers.

They are
Malcovitch Vincente (or just Mal)
and
John Vincente

They are responsible for many advances in racing, such as racing slicks and beating the 400km/h barrier. As of 1970, they opened their own tuning shops, John opened Purple Racing, which specializes in Handling, while Mal opened Fire, Which specializes in power and aerodynamics.
The reason for their Division was their aspects on racing; easily seen by which their tuning shop specializes in.
Their common tuning ground, Circuit de la Sarthe, is possessed by a spirit known by the brothers as X1. It takes the form of a modern day X2010 made by red bull, but tops out at 480km/h. Whenever One of the brothers achieves a speed of over 300km/h, X1 appears, obliterating any hope of winning.

Last edited:
Chapter 0.5: 1967 Fiat Rollover
This takes place before encountering X1

Mal, fed up with John being a 🤬 about his mindset of tuning, Challenges him to make a 1967 Fiat 500 do a 10 minute lap On the Nurburgring.

John, arrogant as usual, accepts the challenge.
Ah, a complete handling overhaul should be just enough,
Obviously overstating the speed that a 500Cc Engine with 16Hp produces, ends up with a lap of 15 Minutes and 32 seconds.

As John slowly pulls into the pitlane, Mal gets behind the struggling Fiat and starts pushing it.
"John, Please admit to the fact that handling alone will not get you that time"
NO! You're just being a ****! This is possible! I just need to revise my suspension settings."

John emerges from the pit garages in his newly re-springed Fiat. This time, the suspension is insanely soft; As he pulls up in front of Mal, The body starts to bob up-and-down.
Goodgod Man! What did you do to the springs?!! With that set, you're doomed to roll over!"

As John sets off for his second lap, Mal starts to worry about his arrogant brother...

2/2/11
John's fiat leaned and bounced at every corner, but at Flugplatz, just as he crested the top of the steep hill, A black blur nudged his rear-right wheel, causing the fiat to roll. After about 30 Feet of sliding on his right door, the little fiat finally hit the guardrail. In the distance, he could hear a high-revving V6 Going at 17,000RPM

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, but why would somebody think mattress springs would improve handling?

Looks pretty good, but why would somebody think mattress springs would improve handling?

It's still in progress, but school, and the fact that I just lost my Muria P400 to bad data, meant that I needed something to keep you guys interested. And about the Fiat; In Forza 3, I had a high-riding fiat 500 (new) with soft springs that actually works:sly:

Last edited:
Chapter 1
X1
June 22, 1962
Mal, having found that an AC chasis and a V8 make for speeds of over 220km/h, decides to “fire” tune the car. The end result: nearly 800Hp in a car that weighs only around 780kg. This was, by now, the highest-powered car ever. With a gearing limit of almost 430km/h, Mal decided to test at La Sarthe; the only track with a Straight of over 5km and a sand trap for safety.
***​
As Mal entered the 5km straight, his speedometer quickly hit its max, 300km/h. That was at the end of 3rd gear, so there was a long way to go until top speed was achieved. As Mal Shifted into 4th gear, he heard a tremendous noise from behind him, as well as a flash of light. In his rearview mirror: what appears to be a batmobile with lights. It was a paralyzing sight: both for being passed on the 5km, but also for the tremendous noise it made. It appeared to be only going slightly faster than him, so Mal quickly got behind to draft. 4th gear limited; he was now going 360km/h. 5th gear came with a sudden shock: Mal passed the car, seeing inside only to be more surprised. It had no driver! The car then gained a large amount of distance. Even though Mal went to draft it, the Rev limiter topped out: he was now at the top of 5th gear, 440km/h.
***​
At Mulsanne, he saw the car seem to brake only 20m before it turned, meaning that it was definitely not from their time. Truly an unearthly experience.
***​
Pulling into the Pitlane, Mal had not realized how long he had been on the limiter, and his custom V8 had blown. He later came to call the amazing car that had passed him on the 5km X1.
Total cost of rebuild for Fire Tuned AC V8:500,000 USD

Last edited:
Chapter 1.1

John, unaware of the amazing discovery that Mal had experienced back in France, was crusing an empty highway on his way to Yokohane. He had also recently stolen Mal's 2nd fastest car, a Ginetta G4 with 276 Hp and a curb weight of 415 Kg. Since Mal was busy with his AC, he didnt have time to test the speed, although he did mention that the gearing goes up to 400km/h.

As John entered the highway, he quickly opened up the throttle, seeing Mal's specially made speedometer slowly rise, going from 100 to 200 within 4th gear. When John shifted into 5th gear however, he saw that it simply stalled at 250km/h. He then looked behind to see several cars blocking all 4 lanes of the highway. The cars passed with alarming speed, definitely over 350km/h, and were all white. A tunnel was coming up, so he thought that drafting could get him past the cars, as well as topping the gearing on the G4. The speed quickly rose to 360km/h, and with about 60 meters to go, meant that there was more speed to be gained. The tiny G4 began to get very unstable as it approached 400. When it passed the cars, John saw that they had very sharp angles, and made small yet audible hissing noises from their massive bodies. Passing with about 1cm to spare, the G4 was finally hitting a measured 391km/h. The rev limiter was topping out, so it was the end of the line in terms of speed. At the end of the tunnel, a flash of smoke suddenly caused John to brake, causing the rear brakes to lock up and made him spin out. When he finally stoppes sliding, he found no evidence of the 11 cars that he had passed.
All 11 Cars were GT by Citroen Concept version with the electric engine

Chapter 2: Major Marcos

John, finding that his expertes'e are not suited for a track like La Sarthe, moves his tuning shop to the town of Nurburg, where he has easy access to the famed nordschleife. As a test of his skills, John decides to do a benchmark Lap in his Mini Marcos, which only has 194Hp, but has extensive suspension settings and experimental 'slicks' that are tires with no tread. With a weight of 515Kg, this makes for a potent combination for the nordschleife.

***​

John Setts off at sunrise of the day after he moved in. As the morning mist settles, He starts his lap.

***​

12km-17km. John's favorite part of the track. It consisted of the downhill section after the Carussel all the way to the start of the main straight. Right now, he was at Hohe Acht, the start of the downhill. The car had performed almost perfectly, and the slicks were pulling 2-G turns! Just as the car slowed down to a turn, John heard a flash of thunder. Unusual, as it was a clear day with no weather to speak of. Then, like a ghost, a car appeared.

***​

It was bare Carbon Fibre with the complection of a batmobile and a futristic F1 car, with a turbine stuck on the back. It made a tremendous noise, and took the right hander to Wipperman signifigantly faster than the Marcos. It sped by so fast, that even though John did an overall lap of 7.02.652, there was not a trace of evidence of the car.
X1 did a lap of 3.30.737

Last edited:
Chapter 2.5: The Duke of Downforce​

Mal Gets a letter from the American Racing team Chaparral, said by many to be the 2nd best american tuner.
comcover.jpg

Dear Vincente Brothers,
I am Jim Hall, Co-creator of the Racing team Chaparral, and the 2D and 2E Racing Cars that had competed at the Nurburgring and the CanAm series respectevely. I am Proposing the use of a new type of Downforce that consists of a 43 Hp snowmobile engine that "sucks" air from the bottom, and throws it out the back, creating 'artificial' downforce. Although this is only a theory, I believe this will be the way to my dominance of the CanAm Series. I have made 5 prototypes, and will be competing in the 1970 series.

Perhaps you're asking, "Why is he telling us this important Data?"

The reason why I'm telling you is because there is a track deep in an american forest that is used by international teams to test out prototype Race Cars. If you Sign up as my personal test drivers for my 2J Prototype, then I could gain great knowledge about my car, whilst not appearing as an American team.

Please let me know before the start of the next CanAm series,
hall-james-w-signature-13.jpg

Meh, he's an american. all they do is make big engines...
He then tosses the letter in the trash.

Mal then found another letter, this time by Toyota:
4770.jpg

かわいいVincenteブラザース、
私たちは、あなたのAC428を'火が調整'見ているとそれが好き!
私たちは、あなたが来て、私たちの最新作を試すための希望と呼ばれる Toyota 7.

これは、非常に軽くて、軽快な車です私たちの目標は、カナムシリーズでそれを使用することです。我々は、あなたが私たちの車をテストに招待 Deep Forest Raceway の Mar 25, 1970.
希望はそこを参照してください!
Toyota トヨタ自動車

また、電源/重量比は、983HP/620KG

Also enclosed in the envelope was enough postage to send it back:
jp375-78.jpg

983HP!!! That's insane! I need to get John...

Prototype Meeting will include cars pre-1970, and after 1970.

Last edited:
Chapter 2.5: The Duke of Downforce​

Mal Gets a letter from the American Racing team Chaparral, said by many to be the 2nd best american tuner.
comcover.jpg

Dear Vincente Brothers,
I am Jim Hall, Co-creator of the Racing team Chaparral, and the 2D and 2E Racing Cars that had competed at the Nurburgring and the CanAm series respectevely. I am Proposing the use of a new type of Downforce that consists of a 43 Hp snowmobile engine that "sucks" air from the bottom, and throws it out the back, creating 'artificial' downforce. Although this is only a theory, I believe this will be the way to my dominance of the CanAm Series. I have made 5 prototypes, and will be competing in the 1970 series.

Perhaps you're asking, "Why is he telling us this important Data?"

The reason why I'm telling you is because there is a track deep in an american forest that is used by international teams to test out prototype Race Cars. If you Sign up as my personal test drivers for my 2J Prototype, then I could gain great knowledge about my car, whilst not appearing as an American team.

Please let me know before the start of the next CanAm series,
hall-james-w-signature-13.jpg

Meh, he's an american. all they do is make big engines...
He then tosses the letter in the trash.

Mal then found another letter, this time by Toyota:
4770.jpg

かわいいVincenteブラザース、
私たちは、あなたのAC428を'火が調整'見ているとそれが好き!
私たちは、あなたが来て、私たちの最新作を試すための希望と呼ばれる Toyota 7.

これは、非常に軽くて、軽快な車です私たちの目標は、カナムシリーズでそれを使用することです。我々は、あなたが私たちの車をテストに招待 Deep Forest Raceway の Mar 25, 1970.
希望はそこを参照してください!
Toyota トヨタ自動車

また、電源/重量比は、983HP/620KG

Also enclosed in the envelope was enough postage to send it back:
jp375-78.jpg

983HP!!! That's insane! I need to get John...

Prototype Meeting will include cars pre-1970, and after 1970.

Aww... I was enjoying that! More soon please!

Chapter Three: Proto Forest

After Flying all the way from France, The two brothers set foot on american soil for the first time.
The first thing they see other than the abandoned airfield that they landed on, is a Datsun 510,
which is rather ironic when the driver from Toyota says;
Get in. I'll bring you to Deep Forest Raceway.
The brothers get in.
Well, where exactly is this place? and why are the windows tinted beyond visibility?
Dont ask Questions! If you know were it is, then the whole world will know!

Ok,Ok, no need to yell.
Thank you so much for giv..
No talk! Man in front passenger seat will talk.
The man in the front passenger seat then turned around.
Hello. I am the Toyota works team manager.
The car you will be testing is our prototype Toyota 7, which uses a special lightweight chassis that weighs in at a low 620Kg. There are 5 prototypes, but the ones you will be testing are at 923Hp and 550hp respectively.

I call the 900hp one! Mal says with excitement.
A sudden left-hander knocks the brothers unconscious.

They wake up in a Garage with the sound of engines roaring in the backround.
Mal is wearing a racing suit with a red helmet, and John has a racing suit with a Striped helmet.
Where the:censored: are we!??!
The man from the 510 helps the bothers up.
Well, you said you wanted the 900hp one?

The toyota man let Mal and John in the two Toyota 7's, which were lined up near the rival Chapparals.

The miracle 2J was driven by xxxxxxxx, which started just in front of Mal.

Jim Hall was in Pole Postion, and was confident of his 2D's capability.

Someone with a green flag waved it, and everyone took off.

Mal Stamped the Gas on the 900hp T-7

Holy S****!!!!!!

Then he passed the 2j

HaHA!! How's that for a toyota?!
Mal then set his sights on Jim

The super-light T-7's body had a hard time in corners, and the 2D was the same.

But the T-7's POWER overdid Jim's 2D!

Dammit! I wish he listened to my letter!
Jim says as Mal passes him.

Meanwhile, in the back of the pack..
:censored:Ferrari! Why are you so slow???!! Get out of my way!

Mal made his way to the Main straight, pulling 2.5Gs in the last corner.

When Jim got within sight of the straightaway, he was shocked to see that Mal was at the end of it!

Jim caught up on the last lap by chance

While Jim and Mal were Battling for 1st, The 2J was gaining on them at an insane pace.

2J had insane cornering power due to the snowmobile engine 'sucking' air, and made it into a 3-way race.

Mal started to swing wide, and suddenly, was passed by Jim

Ah, toyota. Why even bother racing? it cant keep up!
Then, 2J passed Mal.

I will not lose to an AMERICAN!!!
Mal stamped the gas as far as it would go, in blind rage.

He passed John, who had the 600hp T-7,

2J, who had Swung wide on the last corner,

And Screamed toward Jim Hall at 400km/h

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mal passed Jim 3 metres before the Finish Line

DAMNNNN

God, that american was FAST! Mal says, relieved to be in first.
***​
Back in the Pits,
Great driving! We'll need the cars back now...
Take them
Take them
The brothers say at the same time.
John then stares off into the forest.
Anyways, where are we?

Last edited:
I knew they couldn't keep up with the X1's grandad. It was a valiant effort from them though.

Revelations​

Mal and John, being brothers, sat next to each other on the flight back.

Have you ever been passed by a loud, black car that looks like a batmobile with a turbine in the back?

I was at La Sarthe when Just such a car passed me on the 5KM Straight. It must’ve been going beyond 440km/h!

John, shocked at the similarity of the incident, then described his experience.

The brothers were even more perplexed when John prompted a name:

Maybe we can call it X1

Mal gave him an eerie look

Thats What I thought, too!

In that moment, X1 became a presence for both of them to think about.
This is the first time the brothers tell their stories of X1

A disturbance in the night​
Mal, Having a dream about the X1, Woke up and began to sketch the Car:

Adrian Newey was at the beginning of his directing carrer, and had his sights set on F1 aerodynamics.
Mal wrote a letter to this man, in the hope that he would take his idea and use it to revolutionize F1. X1 was the fastest thing he had ever seen, and was sure to get a notable response from him.

Dear Adrian Newey
My name is Malcovitch Vincente and I have a proposal for a new form of aerodynamics. It utilizes every kind of advantage that downforce can provide:
  1. Closed Wheel covers to eliminate the turboulence generated by the open wheel design of F1
  2. A Small but High angle rear wing for rear stability and reduced high speed drag
  3. A Vacum turbine which provides increased grip by sucking air from the underbody and throwing it out the rear.
The advantage of #3 Is that it provides low speed downforce where wings cannot. No other car today in this era has this kind of technology.
Observe my sketches that are atattched with this letter.
Contact me if you are interested.

About a week later, Mal gets the reply he was awaiting. Only, when he opens the letter, he sees this:
Malcovitch Vincente,
Meet at Nurburgring. 6AM. John Vincente will be along with you, as he provided the engine. The full prototype, along with a blue Red Bull Racing Livery.
See you then.
Adrian Newey​

I should say that Red Bull Racing didn't exist in 1990. But nonetheless this is an interesting chapter.

Back