LX1: Finale- X1 VS X1 + Epilogue

I should say that Red Bull Racing didn't exist in 1990. But nonetheless this is an interesting chapter.

Newey was at Williams at 1990 IIRC.

Ah, Since this ^^^^^ IS true, I can say that :

Adrian was actually a fan of Red bull as a drink, and decided to make a fantasy Red bull Racing livery off of his favorite energy drink
Just a rumor:sly:

I should say that Red Bull Racing didn't exist in 1990. But nonetheless this is an interesting chapter.

That chapter is'nt a chapter per se, but is more of an introduction or a prologue to chapter 4. Besides, I jumped ahead about 30 years! It would be confusing without it, would'nt it?

That chapter is'nt a chapter per se, but is more of an introduction or a prologue to chapter 4. Besides, I jumped ahead about 30 years! It would be confusing without it, would'nt it?

I LOVE this! Has to be one of the best threads in the whole of GTP. Well done machate-man!

Chapter 4: Adrian's Prototype

6:00AM
Nurburgring North Course

John and Mal, having slept the night in the pit building, awaken to the sound of a high-revving V6.

They step out to see Adrian with a Red Bull can in his hand. then see this:
nrburgringnordschleife0.jpg

"Good God!"
"Ah, Adrian, Knew you could pull it off...
Now do I get to drive it?

Mal, in shock, then sees the name Sebastian Vettel Placed on the side of the car.
Who's 'Sebastian'?
Ah, Mal. Good to see you! Sebastian Provided the carbon Fibre for the body.
nrburgringnordschleife1l.jpg

Good Job on the Livery. I bet this would be amazing in F1, If they ever follow through with a Racing Team.
Yep, If only they went through with it...
John. Suit up. You get to test it.

Hey! What about Me?!
Well, Unless you know Nurburgring better than John, you wont be fit enough to test the full capabilities of the car.

John emerges from the pitlane, and gets in. His helmet has a microphone which is transmitted to Adrian's mic.

nrburgringnordschleife2pk.jpg

Are you ready, John?
Yes.
And then he was off.

nrburgringnordschleife3t.jpg

The first corner hit him at around 6.5Gs
Ah, the Gs!
nrburgringnordschleife5k.jpg

The vacum effect was working, and was spitting steam out the back end.
The Speed! And The Noise of the Speed!
nrburgringnordschleife6h.jpg

He took a wide left-hander at around 250km/h
nrburgringnordschleife7.jpg

AHHHHHHHH! A right hander!
John took it at full throttle, not knowing that he just took that turn at around 200km/h
nrburgringnordschleife8.jpg

He then Cut a corner a bit, and saw a clump of shredded grass fly out the rear end.
nrburgringnordschleife9k.jpg

Flugplatz was up ahead, but John was unaware of it.
nrburgringnordschleife4k.jpg

A hill loomed ahead
nrburgringnordschleife1b.jpg

John Was hitting 320km/h up the hill, and forgot to brake for the hill
nrburgringnordschleife1g.jpg

But he didnt need to, as the Massive downforce kept him glued to the ground.
nrburgringnordschleife1dx.jpg

Guys! I think something's wrong!
He was right. Anything but air that goes under the vacum effect will clog it, and causes the car to sieze up.

Back at the Pitlane
That was amazing!
If you were wondering, the engine only produced about 800hp, but under higher turbo pressures, the power could reach 1480hp.
I think 800 is enough
Ok. Mal!
Yes?
Were going to La Sarthe in about a month. By then, I can raise the power up to the max safe amount, and can You test the Top speed!
Agreed!

Last edited:
I should note that the real Sebastian Vettel was still in nappies at this time...

Well, come on, he would have been either 2 or 3 when John and Mal met Adrian Newey and his X2010 Prototype. At the very least, he'd still be using the potty.

Chapter 5 requirements:
I need 1 person with a :
Bugatti Veyron with every upgrade @ 1200hp

This friday, I am free, and will be shooting to complete chapter 5 in the weekend.

I am planning to do this either:
friday 10 PM or later PST (-8GMT)
Saturday 6AM to 11AM PST

Also, if you want to participate, you need to paint the veyron with a specific paint chip that I will send you.
My PSN is :machate-man

Chapter 4.5: The other Bugatti EB110
The month before Mal writes to Adrian, Bugatti was looking for the next new car to revitilize it's image as "supercar king"
Officially, this was the real EB110:
Bugatti-EB110-FT.jpg

But John comes up (with an insane W12 from Mal) with a design that would challenge the top speeds even of F1:
bugatti-veyron-164.gif

The brothers are at John's old tuning shop in Tokyo, Japan
"Well, what do you think?" after showing Mal his latest sketches.
"as long as my W12 fits, it'll tear anything in terms of speed!
***The next day***​
After dropping the w12 into the car, dyno tests show 1200hp!
John looks into the screen in bewilderment
Mal, are you sure this will be street legal?
"oh sure! It has 4WD, so it wont crash!
A specially made transmission was dropped in, along with the Racing-spec suspension. This Chassis was quite heavy to withstand the power, but overall, the weight was about 1300KG.
The car, dubbed the EB110-W12P was sprayed Mid Chrome Yellow.
The brothers went to sleep as the paint dried.

Last edited:
Chapter 5 requirements:
I need 1 person with a :
Bugatti Veyron with every upgrade @ 1200hp

This friday, I am free, and will be shooting to complete chapter 5 in the weekend.

I am planning to do this either:
friday 10 PM or later PST (-8GMT)
Saturday 6AM to 11AM PST

Also, if you want to participate, you need to paint the veyron with a specific paint chip that I will send you.
My PSN is :machate-man

Damn! I have a fully tuned Veyron, but my parents won't let me add you as a PSN friend. Will it be OK if I paint it something similar to Mid Chrome Yellow (I take it that's the colour you're looking for), if you show me that colour?

Damn! I have a fully tuned Veyron, but my parents won't let me add you as a PSN friend. Will it be OK if I paint it something similar to Mid Chrome Yellow (I take it that's the colour you're looking for), if you show me that colour?

Basically, the car in the drawing.
You could simply make a new account
(far right on XMB>new user>sign up for PSN>>enter info with b-day after 1990>DO GT world championship.

Basically, the car in the drawing.
You could simply make a new account
(far right on XMB>new user>sign up for PSN>>enter info with b-day after 1990>DO GT world championship.

I don't really get what saying about creating a new account. I already have a fully tuned Veyron, and would just need to paint it something similar to this Mid Chrome Yellow. The car in the drawing is just, well, a drawing - with no colour in it.

Chapter 4.5 part 2​

11:30PM

Ensemble Grill and Bar

Well, Mal. Took you long enough to find your way out of there Says John, standing near the car.
Someone seems to have stolen a turbocharger from the car! Now it will only get to 1000hp!
That's enough power. However,
John inspects the exterior

1st off, it looks nothing like my sketches...
Then he sees the badge on the side of the car

ACR?!Dont tell me that you're turning American!
Oh, SHUT UP!
The Hood stripe doesnt match up with the rest of the car...
Just GET IN! I'll show you what power is!

The brothers then speed off into the Wangan, intending to meet the Bugatti represenative at Tokyo, but will see something much scarier....

(Chapter 5 is next! Due to time constraints, the pictures may or may not be released with the chapter)

Last edited:
Back