Major League Baseball: 2010 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 219 comments
It took a couple of ex-Marlins to help the Giants win. Figures!

Prosthetic, as a friend of yours on GTP, congratulations to your boys. They are called the Giants, and now they're larger than life in winning this season. It's a great feeling as an National League fan. We finally beat the AL after 13 or so years in the All-Star Game, then the Giants win the World Series.

I didn't see a single game. However, I usually think the AL is much more powerful almost all the time. It doesn't mean the AL would win even if it was Pirates vs. Yankees or Giants vs. Orioles.

Great job for the Giants! Now get ready for 2011 when all the NL teams (including my rebuilding Astros) and all the other AL teams want a piece of the World Series pie!

I was able to attend game 2 last week with my father and brothers and now to have it all come to a head tonight. I'm so stoked. Go Giants!

It's also been a great year for pitching as well. As an NL fan (though I highly regard the AL), I'm happy. Some people just feel disappointed that two major teams didn't play for the World Series. It's like in the NBA when people were disappointed that it wasn't a Lakers/Cavaliers NBA Finals last year or so. I'm like... the best two teams play for the league's highest prize. This season, it was the Rangers and the Giants. It doesn't always have to be the biggest and best teams playing, but just the teams that have proven just enough to play for a title.

I greatly respect the San Francisco Giants. Not just for beautiful AT&T Park, but the incredible pitching by the Giants. The Giants are just too damn good and will be for some time. I'm pretty sure Dodgers fans are hating themselves seeing their rivals win the World Series.

As for the Rangers, they're going to be World Series champions. They have too much talent and firepower to not be champions. Their season will come... even if it's next season.

Prosthetic, as a friend of yours on GTP, congratulations to your boys.

Thanks John! It was an amazing year. I went to the World Series Parade today and it was nuts. Over a million Giants fans around the US showed up today for a huge party. The whole sitting was Orange and Black with huge signs and posters everywhere. The cops were very lose as you saw people smoking joints and drinking beer without paper bags everywhere. It was awesome as you saw people non stop honking and chanting. People doing burnouts everywhere. It was just one huge everyone's invited party in the streets of SF. I couldn't get anywhere near where they did the speeches because of the sheer number of people but had a great time regardless.

I'm excited about next year also as we have another highly touted prospect coming up Brandon Belt. Basically a Buster Posey that is really really fast and left handed. First we get Cain then Wilson and Sanchez. Then we get some guy named Lincecum. Then Sandoval (who had to deal with a divorce and child rights all year) should be on the bounce back. Now Posey and Bumgarner have exceeded expectations and now Brandon Belt who hopefully follows. :D

Sparky Anderson died today at the age of 76. As the manger who took the 1984 Tigers to win the World Series, I must say he certain holds a special place I'm Detroit's heart. He will be missed for sure.

This just hasn't been a great year for Tiger's greats. First Ernie Harwell, now Sparky.

I will start a thread for the 2011 season much later, but the Astros are now for sale. I'm hearing a deal to renovate Minute Maid Park is in the works along with maybe getting in an owner willing to spend extra money to bring more talent to the Astros rotation. I'd sure love for the Astros to contend and consistently contend for either the NL Central or at least the NL Wild Card.

Latest Posts

Back