Major League Baseball: 2010 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 219 comments
How about those Giants 3-1 series lead! Go Giants!!!

ps. Will worry about the Yanks or Ranger later, if the Giants beat the Phillies.

Giants won again! Oswalt was really daring on that high inside!

The Rangers lost unfortunetely, but game 6 is in Arlington, so they could still win with the home crowd behind them.

Yay for the Rangers spanking them Yankees. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to watch the poetic justice that is A-rod striking out to send us to the World Series. BOOYA!

Yeah, go Rangers! Texas represent!! At least while the Stros are sucking.

During the TBS post game coverage, the crowd behind the commentators were chanting "Yankees suck, Yankees suck!!" I didn't really think that was necessary, to be honest.

Yeah, that's why baseball crowds suck. You think they'd be praising the Yankees instead of diminishing their victory.

Proud for the Rangers. I think the Rangers are going to win it all. They are just too damn powerful for (the Giants/Phillies winner) to silence the Rangers' bats. Then too, their rise to this level despite their woes is almost as good as the New Orleans' Saints winning the most recent Super Bowl.

Tonight's match is Jonathan Sanchez (SF) vs. Roy Oswalt (PHI) in Philadelphia.

Yeah, go Rangers! Texas represent!! At least while the Stros are sucking.

During the TBS post game coverage, the crowd behind the commentators were chanting "Yankees suck, Yankees suck!!" I didn't really think that was necessary, to be honest.
If you heard that, you must have heard all the Vuvuzelas in the crowd. :lol:

It's official- Rangers vs. Giants for the 2010 World Series! Prosthetic is no doubt our biggest S.F. Giants fan, so I'm sure he'll proudly stand by his boys. I usually think the AL is much tougher than the NL year after year. However, I do love the prospect of Giants' pitching in this series.

Rangers. Giants. Tell it, GTPlanet- who's winning it all?

I'm hoping the Rangers show well. They can drive bombs over the fence and they can manufacturer runs inside. Oh, yah and they have Cliff Lee. Going to be a good series.

Who would have thought even a couple years ago we would have a Rangers Vs. Giants World Series. Hopefully it's a good one.

Since i'm SF Giants fan, i'm going to say the Giants will win the World Series.

ps. And have been since Willie Mays played for the Giants in SF.

This is gonna be a great W.S.

The rangers have some nice pop with Hamilton, Young, Cruz and the Giants have some pitching with Lincecum and Cain.

Yeah man **** the Phillies.

Hehe, hell yeah! Did you see your ex-Marlin Cody Ross won NLCS MVP? He raked.

That's what baseball is all about dude. When the whole stadium is doing one chant is a pretty awesome euphoric feeling.

TS
This is gonna be a great W.S.

The rangers have some nice pop with Hamilton, Young, Cruz and the Giants have some pitching with Lincecum and Cain.
The Giants actually have a lot more pop then people think. In fact both the Rangers and Giants hit 162 homeruns in the regular season. It will be a good series though.

TS
Fear the beard.
OH HELL YEAH!!!

Only got to watch the updates on the MLB website, but with those pitchers, who would have thought that ther would be 18 runs scored and neither would make it past the 6th inning!

WOW. Is this moment too big for Texas? They left runners in scoring positions all night, which hasn't been like them. I'm starting to worry that they won't win a game.

edit: SF is blowing them out. 8th inning meltdown? My goodness.

Last edited:
Home sweet home for the Rangers as Moreland jacks a 3 run lifepreserver for Texas. Bumgarner v Hunter tomorrow night. Lets see if we can scare up an even series.

Home sweet home for the Rangers as Moreland jacks a 3 run lifepreserver for Texas. Bumgarner v Hunter tomorrow night. Lets see if we can scare up an even series.

Hopefully not, but we will see what happens.

Giants lead series 3-1 Go Giants!!!!

Last edited:
Back