Major League Baseball: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,618 comments
Excuses, excuses. The Giants didn't get it done. End of story. I could make 1000 excuses on why the Rockies had a bad season last year, but there is really no use because when everything is said and done its what happens on the scoreboard that matters.

Those aren't excuses...

D-Backs did get some of that talent from poor seasons, but have always had one of the top farm systems. Aside from a typical lead off hitter the D-Backs lineup can March up with anyone and for the most part we're younger.

Bochy, he doesn't take crap from anyone! So letting a top prospect know who's in charge like a true manager should is just what the kids needed. Gibson would have done a lot worse, no punks on our team.

Like i/you/all of us have said, it's going to be a great season!

D-Backs did get some of that talent from poor seasons, but have always had one of the top farm systems. Aside from a typical lead off hitter the D-Backs lineup can March up with anyone and for the most part we're younger.

Bochy, he doesn't take crap from anyone! So letting a top prospect know who's in charge like a true manager should is just what the kids needed. Gibson would have done a lot worse, no punks on our team.

Like i/you/all of us have said, it's going to be a great season!

Belt isn't a punk. :lol: Bochy is passive and lots veterans no matter how bad they were. Even when Belt was hitting well and Huff was doing terrible he still preferred to play Huff for no reason. The only punk on our team was Beltran. The dude reminds me of Manny Ramirez, he just doesn't care really. Bochy doesn't do anything risky, he just sits back and does nothing. He doesn't like bunting.. or hit and runs.. or stealing. The only thing he can do is manage a pitching staff and keep his gritty Vets happy. He jerked Posey around too in 09' but not nearly as bad as Belt.

@ Schwartz, everything I've been saying are just reasons why I think the Giants will do well next year. It has nothing to do with last year.

Speaking of punks, you hear Manny is thinking about getting back in the game? Maybe a small contract with the Orioles will be an insentive for him to play harder. After he serves his 50 game suspension.

I agree with you about Beltran, always thought he played for himself.

I do remember a sacrifice squeeze from Bochy last season against us ;)

I agree with you about Beltran, always thought he played for himself.

I do remember a sacrifice squeeze from Bochy last season against us ;)

First one in his career probably. :lol:.. I wish they would just fire him and Sabean.. and bring up Steve Decker. He wins everywhere he goes even with bad teams. He knows baseball real well too. Hes the one that helped Posey become the player he is today.

Player7996
Why does it piss you off?

Because he leaves an awesome team right after winning a world series for a team
that is average at best. I just thought he'd pick loyalty over money, but I guess not.

So there is talk about Harper making the big club this year.. Any bets on who the first pitcher throw a fastball at his head? Lucky for him he won't face Padilla this year. :lol:

Or Sanchez for that matter.. Never know where his 95 MPH 2 seemer is going to end up. :lol:

So there is talk about Harper making the big club this year.. Any bets on who the first pitcher throw a fastball at his head? Lucky for him he won't face Padilla this year. :lol:

Or Sanchez for that matter.. Never know where his 95 MPH 2 seemer is going to end up. :lol:

Washington would do well to leave that kid in the minors for a couple more seasons. They rushed their other phenom to the show, and look how well that worked for them.

Washington would do well to leave that kid in the minors for a couple more seasons. They rushed their other phenom to the show, and look how well that worked for them.

A couple season, WHAT? Lol.. Strasburgs injury has nothing to with when he was called up and everything to do with the fact that his mechanics suck. Tim Lincecums father used to make weekly appearances on our local sports radio and talk pitching. He said that Strasburg would be injured before the seasons over due to poor mechanics. The dude knows what hes talking about. It will be interesting to see how he comes back, pretty much the exact same thing happened to Prior and he was never right afterward. Hes going have to learn to pitch, and not throw.

No reason to keep Harper down in the minors for more then a full season. That's just wasting talent. Same thing with Belt, the dude was never challenged by minor league pitching. Pablo and Posey were the same. Top prospects force their way quickly, and you want to keep challenging them.

Lincecum's dad talking mechanics? Lol. I guess Tim's mechs are good, if unorthodox. I don't think he'll have Nolan Ryan longevity-- now those were some good mechanics.

Then again, look how ugly Murata-sama's stuff is:

But he had injury and surgery too...

Omnis
Lincecum's dad talking mechanics? Lol. I guess Tim's mechs are good, if unorthodox. I don't think he'll have Nolan Ryan longevity-- now those were some good mechanics.

Lincecum wouldn't be able to throw 94-98 mph (he can't hit 98 anymore) if his dad didn't teach him his mechanics. He taught Lincecum that funky looking delivery when he was a kid. He knows some serious ****. Just because Lincecum's father isn't a major league pitching coach doesn't mean he knows nothing.

Lincecum wouldn't be able to throw 94-98 mph (he can't hit 98 anymore) if his dad didn't teach him his mechanics. He taught Lincecum that funky looking delivery when he was a kid. He knows some serious ****. Just because Lincecum's father isn't a major league pitching coach doesn't mean he knows nothing.

Nah Timmy can throw 98 if really wanted to, but there is no reason to when he doesn't need to. He never throws a four seem anymore though always two seem.

Lincecum has great mechanics, he can get high heat with his small size causing no real extra strain. You can't compare Lincecum with Ryan. Completely different bodys, completely different pitchers too. Lincecum doesn't try and overpower people any more, hes a pitcher. He pounds the ball inside and often gets little girly pop ups. Matt Cain is the same way.

The Tigers are going to be really interesting this year :lol:
I have high hopes for Prince, although I'm kind of worried about the last few years.
Justin Verlander should be great this year, he's been my favorite Tiger since 05, when I liked him because his name was cool.

You know your team is worthless when the mayor of New York who is an avid fan of your team says he would never buy it. :nervous:.

The Tigers are going to be really interesting this year :lol:
I have high hopes for Prince, although I'm kind of worried about the last few years.
Justin Verlander should be great this year, he's been my favorite Tiger since 05, when I liked him because his name was cool.

What you worried about in the last few years?

09: 166 OPS+
10: 135 OPS+
11: 164 OPS+

OBP above .400 in all three years. The only anomaly was the .261 BA in 2010... Which isn't a big deal at all.

What you worried about in the last few years?

09: 166 OPS+
10: 135 OPS+
11: 164 OPS+

OBP above .400 in all three years. The only anomaly was the .261 BA in 2010... Which isn't a big deal at all.

Not to mention that he is good for around thirty bombs and at least ninety RBI's. I wouldn't worry about his long contract until he hits his mid thirties, and by that point he will be a free agent.

Prosthetic
Nah Timmy can throw 98 if really wanted to,

Timmy said last season that the best he could get up to if he tried was 95-96 but wouldn't because he was pretty sure it would cause an injury. Maybe his velocity has peaked and now we'll see how good he is by the stuff he brings this year. You perv mentioned his conditioning and that should help him a ton but going to come down to pitch placement and stuff.

I'm wondering what Ian Kennedy will be like. Great for season and a half, just curious if the league will figure him out.... Student of the game though so i know he'll mix things up too.

Saw Zambrano in Miami and they are picked as a top 5 in all MLB for pitching! Wow, hope he falls on his a**

I'm not concerned. I'm waiting for the owner to make his fire-sale in 2 years and then not be able to deal players like Reyes because the contract is back-loaded.

I was watching MLB Network and saw the Bottom Line deal for some of the upcoming dates. Towards the end of March will be the series in Tokyo between the Seattle Mariners and the Oakland Athletics. One of the first series in the States will be between the St. Louis Cardinals at the Miami Marlins on April 4th. That should be a pretty good series to kick off the 2012 season.

The first Spring Training games begin on March 2nd and March 3rd. While I don't have any hopes for my Astros for 2012, I do still want to see how much they can develop in their National League swan song season.

Every owner is baseball is loaded out the ass. At least you guys aren't pulling an Oakland A's.

Hey Villain, need another scrappy middle infielder? Cubs DFA'd Black Dewitt!

Blake DeWitt... He has a sweet swing but I really hope I never have to watch him play baseball in a Dodgers uniform again. Trading him was a great move.

I'm not knocking him. He doesn't throw with the heat all the way up because he wants to prolong his career. The fact is, since his delivery is so unique you don't really know what kind of effect it would have on career longevity. That said, his mechanics when finishing are pretty sound.

As far as Zambrano goes, ugh god I hate the guy. He's a fat angry baby. Hopefully now that he's in Miami he can chill out a little bit and not be such a punk. I'm not really fond of the Cubs. :lol:

Last edited:
Back