Major League Baseball: 2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,997 comments
The Tribe had better get their head out of their asses and start playing some ball !

Geeeeez .......

3-0 T-Bay, bottom of the 5th.

I think I'd rather see the A's take it all, but whatever :indiff:. As long as the American League wins, I'll be a happy camper. ;)

Good luck to your team in the post season. 👍
That is, if they are still standing.

Hopefully the Sox will take care of them in the ALDS. Tampa hasn't made it out of the ALDS since 2008 thanks to my Rangers in 2010 and 2011.

Great job Cards, but the Braves are taking the beating. It wasn't going to be easy in this Game 1, for obvious one reason, but damn. :crazy:

Here are my predictions for tomorrow.

Pirates/Cards - Cards, but it'll be a close game
Dodgers/Braves - Dodgers
Rays/Red Sox - Red Sox will rout Tampa
Tigers/A's - Tigers

Pirates took game 2 against the Cards. :tup.
Sox are routing the Rays like I predicted. 👍

And sad news out of Queens...Matt Harvey has elected to have Tommy John surgery, and will miss all of 2014.

God, a split already in both NL series. I am glad about the Braves winning the do-or-die game tonight. :crazy:

Close game at Fenway. Boston leads Tampa 6-4 through 7. Detroit and Oakland get underway in about 45 minutes. Go Tigers!

In other news, Dusty Baker is out as manager in Cincinatti.

Can't say I'm overly surprised. I just wonder who they're going to go with.

Honestly I somewhat saw it coming. Last year, they gave up a 2-0 series lead in the NLDS, and I bet they wanted to give him another shot...and then a 5 game losing streak to end the 2013 season and losing the wildcard game made them say it was it.

I bet Wash will be in the same situation...2014 is the final year on his contract, and I bet if the Rangers have another disappointing finish next year he won't be back in 2015.

Honestly I somewhat saw it coming. Last year, they gave up a 2-0 series lead in the NLDS, and I bet they wanted to give him another shot...and then a 5 game losing streak to end the 2013 season and losing the wildcard game made them say it was it.

I bet Wash will be in the same situation...2014 is the final year on his contract, and I bet if the Rangers have another disappointing finish next year he won't be back in 2015.

But Wash isn't in the same situation at the same time though. He also had to deal with the Cruz suspension from the Biogenesis scandal, and that pretty much cost the Rangers the season right there.

But Wash isn't in the same situation at the same time though. He also had to deal with the Cruz suspension from the Biogenesis scandal, and that pretty much cost the Rangers the season right there.
I meant Wash will be in the same situation if Texas has another disappointing end to the season in 2014. They won't renew his contract and let him go, just like the Reds did with Baker.

But that's just my opinion.

I hope the Cards survive. Braves doesn't seem to be a match for the Dodgers right now. :guilty:

I hope Detroit forces a game 5. If Dan Straly pitches tomorrow there's a good chance there will be a game 5.

Hoping Oakland can clinch tomorrow. :)

I don't, I hate Oakland and the only team I hate more is the Yankees. Even if they weren't playing Detroit I would hate them just as much. Oh well when they beat Detroit at least I take comfort in knowing the Red Sox will probably walk all over them.

And I'm pretty disappointed in Detroit's performance through this series, they look pathetic and their bats are ice cold. Even if they manage to win this series, they aren't making it past the Red Sox.

Go Braves!
Dodgers announced Kershaw will start game 4, so good luck to the Braves.
Game over man!

Hopefully, he's super tired & this tactic backfire on the Dodgers. Yeah. :guilty:
Cards force a game 5. The Cards never die...I know that all too well...
They sure are hard to kill. ;) I had full confidence that the Cardinals would at least make it a game though. My experience as a Braves fan, not exactly!

Wacha had another great outing against the Pirates today, I'll give him that.

I'd like to see the Pirates win though. Then again...I could see another version of 2012 NLDS game 5. They just never go away.

Back