Major League Baseball: 2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,997 comments
I didn't give a flying flack about the game before, but now that the Braves actually went up by one, I'm at exactly where Big V was at. :nervous:

Come on Braves! Win or lose, finish this game strong baby!

Edit: And the Braves' season ends. At least they made it a game.

Last edited:
Go Braves!

...annnd, they're gone!

Helluva game in Tampa last night. Blown save sets up a walkoff homer. Bottom of the eighth pretty much a comedy of fielding errors. Not errors as in statistical error, but mental miscues. Pitcher and first baseman both attempting to field a bunt, leaving nobody covering first. Pedroia and Drew colliding going for a grounder over the bag at second, converting another out into an infield hit.

Most likely the Rays did nothing more than stave off the inevitable though, much as I'd like to see them pull it out.

Looks like we're going back to Oakland for game 5.

Well I'll be damned. I hope they can pull it out but it's going to be extremely tough for them.

Oh and what's up with the TBS announcers being obsessed with thinking every single pitch is a change up? It's ridiculous. :lol:

Sox are going to the ALCS. And for the 3rd time in the past 4 years, the Rays are ousted in the ALDS.

Oakland game is going about how I thought it would go. At least they escaped the no-hitter in the 7th. So unless a miracle happens, my vote is on Boston for the whole shebang.

I'm pulling for the Red Sox out of AL, but I like the Tigers too. Either way, I'm gonna like the World Series. I hope the Cards take down the Dodgers in what should be a great series. 👍

During spring training I said Tigers and Reds. Now that we're in the CS, I'm going to say Tigers/Dodgers. Kershaw will dominate another 2 games against the Cardinals and Ryu/Grienke can handle the other 2. I'm thinking 6 games though.

I just don't believe the Red Sox can beat the Tigers... If they do, though, I'm definitely pulling for them in the World Series.

Hoping for some exciting games. I'm calling 3 extra inning games :lol:

I'm pulling for the Red Sox out of AL, but I like the Tigers too. Either way, I'm gonna like the World Series. I hope the Cards take down the Dodgers in what should be a great series. 👍

You may find this a bit weird, but this is how I somewhat see the picture.

Texas played the Giants in the 2010 World Series, and got shredded (4-1). They played Tampa in the ALDS and won. The very next year, they played Tampa again in the ALDS, and went to the World Series again, to face the Cardinals. Now, we all remember how great of a series that was...

In 2012, Detroit played the Giants in the World Series and got shredded just like Texas had 2 years prior. Detroit played Oakland in the ALDS. And now, in 2013, Detroit has beaten Oakland (the same team) again in the ALDS. If Detroit and St. Louis go to the World Series, I'm expecting an epic series.

If you don't understand it that's fine and I understand. lol. But either way, I think the World Series this year will be an entertaining one.

I do get where you are coming from. Such pattern in sports can drive a fan crazy sometimes. :lol:

Looong game, but it's the NL Championships, and who cares, it's Friday night! Way to go Cards! :lol:

Cards take a 2-0 series lead. This is surprising...Wacha and Kershaw were dealing today.

Wacha has a bright future ahead of him.

Tigers are no-hitting the Sox in the bottom of the 8th...Sanchez's line was...well, quite unusual. 6 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 12 K, 6 BB, 116 pitches.

I think it's safe to say both CS's will be fun to watch.

Back