Major League Baseball: 2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,997 comments
My reaction to the grand slam by Big Papi: "Holy 🤬" followed by "Holy 🤬". :lol:

He always got that confident look at bat like this, but I actually bought it this time, then bam, the first pitch! Now go Uehara!

That's just Papi being Papi. Wow. And Hunter went into the Sox bullpen trying to catch it. The Sox bullpen catcher made a perfect catch.

Uehara had a shutdown inning using only what, 8 pitches? I miss seeing him with Texas on his chest.

Porcello on for Detroit. Winning run already on second thanks to a throwing error and the ball going into the stands.

EDIT-Sox win!!!!

Last edited:
I think Chris Carpenter may get into the Hall of Fame.

Today is the tenth anniversary of the Bartman incident that screwed over the already cursed Chicago Cubs. Some Cubs haters will just say this is just another way to sugarcoat the Cubs' inability to get it done on field.

Can't believe it's been ten years by now from this incident...

I remember that series. It was too hard to choose a side...the Cubs hadn't made it into the Fall Classic since 1945, and the Marlins had Ivan Rodriguez, a player that spent his first 10 years in a Rangers uniform, and was well loved by everybody here.

In the end, I believe the curse hit the Cubs in that series. And I was happy to see Pudge get a ring.

In other news, when this season ends, Chris Carpenter is hanging it up.

Hall of famer or no?

I think Chris Carpenter may get into the Hall of Fame.

No, and no chance. He doesn't even have 200 wins, and would need to pitch for another 3 GREAT years to get there. With a 3.50+ ERA, he'd need at least 2,500 strikeouts and 250 wins. He's 100 wins short, 1,000 k's short, and only a 3-time All-Star. To get the numbers he needs, he'd have to pitch for another 10+ years. He's 38 now.

Is he good? Yes. Is he great? Sometimes, when he's healthy. Hall of Famer? Nope. I had to think 3 times, then look up his stats. I'd rather vote in Clemens even with his steroid (alleged) use.

Lackey and Verlander both pitched gems today. But Verlander made a bad pitch to Mike Napoli that got drilled to left center. Lack of runs hurt Verlander.

After Lackey left, the Sox pen was lights out, especially Uehara. His splitter is just nasty.

This really is proving to be an exciting series!

Lackey and Verlander both pitched gems today. But Verlander made a bad pitch to Mike Napoli that got drilled to left center. Lack of runs hurt Verlander.

After Lackey left, the Sox pen was lights out, especially Uehara. His splitter is just nasty.

This really is proving to be an exciting series!
Nice! 👍 And go Cards!

Ya but the Tigers have what? The third highest payroll in the MLB? I find it a little ridiculous.

It is frustrating, but most baseball fans share the sentiment. Personally though, I love games that go all pitching. NLCS, ALCS, I'm loving it. :dopey:

Well, you really can't blame the bats for game 2. They put up 5 runs, which seemed like enough, but the bullpen coughed up the lead.

Yep. Sorry to Villain for his Dodgers getting 86'ed from the postseason by St. Louis. Whomever wins between Detroit and Boston will be where the first game of the 2013 World Series will be played this coming Wednesday. It could be an all-Midwestern World Series if Detroit somehow rallies to beat the Red Sox. Or... it will just be two heavyweights of Major League Baseball clashing for yet another championship for each historic program.

Good luck to the Red Sox and Tigers.

The Red Sox and Cardinals will be a really unexciting World Series, although the Tigers and Cardinals would have been pretty unexciting too since the Tigers probably would have been swept.

Former Astro José Veras. So it looks like we got the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Red Sox for this season's World Series. First game is on Wednesday in Boston.

Tell it, GTPlanet... who wins the title and for extra credit- in how many games?

Red Sox deserve it and would be a story for the ages If they do win. Not because of them finishing last in the AL East last year, but because of what happened earlier this year. Though, I feel like it will be a repeat of what happened with New York in 2001. Especially with the Cardinals.
I hope I'm very wrong.

Red Sox in 6. I won't survive a game 7 if they are anything like the games with Detroit. Too much stress!

Would be interesting if things turned around and there is much more scoring. I like the Sox even more if the games open up and get offensive.

My beard is filling in at the moment. :sly:

Back