Major League Baseball: 2016 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 729 comments
I'm just happy there aren't two Cleveland teams to win a championship in the same year. Now only if we could get the Browns to finish out their perfect season, we'd be set.

kqX1KF8.jpg

@GTFan24 Your wish has been granted.

I remember when seeing Toyota fail to win Le Mans this past summer I said "It's official, Toyota is the Chicago Cubs of Le Mans".

I think I'll have to edit that statement.

Your winner, and the 2016 World Series Champions... by a score of 8-7 in 10 innings is...

the Chicago Cubs!!!

Aroldis Chapman was the winner of this game, and he gets a Save from Mike Montgomery. The World Series runners-up's losing pitcher was Bryan Shaw for CLE.

People who thought this day would never come for Cubs fans finally happens. First World Series championship since 1908. First team since the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates to win Games 6 and 7 of the World Series on the road. The futility is over. FREAKING FINALLY. If this teaches you anything, you NEVER give up and never stop believing such a day would ever come. Some teams and athletes never get to reach the promised land at all, let alone not reach the top in a while. That's why teams and fans NEVER truly lose faith even in the worst of times. That feeling of knowing that day of becoming champions is why you keep pushing. It's why you keep believing. Even if you are absolute crap, you have as much a chance to reach championship glory as anybody else. You may never reach the top of the world if you don't believe you will ever get there (or get back there). So with all due respect, congratulations to the 2016 Chicago Cubs on becoming World Series Champions.

I look at all of this as a series of life lessons instead of a quality sporting event. Still- congratulations, Chicago Cubs. Also, R1600Turbo looks like the smartest mate in the room with the picture comment posted recently. :)

I'm no way a Baseball fanatic, but this Worl Series has caught eye. Holy crap. That game has got me into Baseball. In the NFL and NBA, I support the Chicago teams, so I was pulling for the Cubs, especially with all that history. That was epic.

Been a great year for underdogs and drought breakers in sport. NBA with the Cavs, EPL with Leicester, NRL with the Sharks, AFL with the Bulldogs, to name a few, and now the MLB with the Cubs. What a year in sports it has been so far.

Great, I make a wrong prediction again. I'm like the anti-Nostradamus when it comes to fortune telling; if I actually believe something will happen, and let it be known, then the exact opposite will occur.

But if you get rid of the fact that the Indians lost (blew a 3-1 lead. Remind you of anything?), it was one of the best World Series ever. Maybe not as good as 1960, 1971, and 1979 for most definitely unbiased reasons, but among them.

I've waited for the Cubs to win for a while even though I never liked them (Pirates are also in the NL Central), so I guess now that they've "broken the curse" I can start actually hating that team. :)

and now the MLB with the Cubs

Favorites to win the World Series before the season began. I wouldn't exactly call them "underdogs".

It's crazy to think that there are kids in Chicago who have never witnessed Jordan Bulls or the 85 Bears, but witnessed the Cubs winning the World Series.

I can at least say I witnessed the Second Jordan 3-peat, The recent Blackhawk dominance, and the Cubs winning the World Series.

Now to just wait for the Bears to win a Super Bowl. :lol:

I wonder where Steve Bartman was when last night happened :lol:
From what I had read, he was watching the game from his house.
My thoughts exactly. He should be able to throw out the first pitch on Opening Day for the Cubs in 2017.
I doubt he will go. Granted, he might return to Wrigley because the Cubs won and people will probably forgive him now, but people have already tried to get him to return multiple times (including during this World Series) and he has declined every single time.

Back