Major Stockyard Glitch "Watch Out"

• Thread starter Damo420
  • 146 comments
im new to gt and playstation fresh over from forza lol stood by that game from very first one :/ decided i was going to play such a broke money grabbing game any more so it was HELLO to gt lol
so anything known about gt to me is still unknown =) learn fast though

im new to gt and playstation fresh over from forza lol stood by that game from very first one :/ decided i was going to play such a broke money grabbing game any more so it was HELLO to gt lol
I'm not the GT Planet :gtpflag:police however, I speak from experience when I say bashing other titles is frowned upon in here. We all know that both these titles have there major pros and cons. Just a heads up you should tread with caution as to avoid penalization.(for what its worth) Try to keep it more fact based.

(Example) I hope that microtranactions don't take over the game or I have seen it where you are not allowed to race certain events without special cars that can only be purchased via microtransaction. I hope that this helps.

Hopefully you will find your experience with Gran Turismo less frustrating.:cheers:

Last edited:
forza(turn 10) deserve it mate , being a overall top 10 driver and knowing what i know about that game it deserves alot of abuse lol secrets i know about forza would make the rest of you sick to your stomachs !

Wow, have you guys forgotten GT5? This guy should be your best friend....

9624655-3d-person-running-with-usb-flash-drive-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Backup constantly at this point in the game, at least once an hour, before you go online etc.

It's quite a shame that it should be automatically assumed that a game from a premier developer that has been worked on for three years would be broken to the extent that you couldn't trust it to simply save your data.

It's even more of a shame that those assumptions would be totally correct.

I accidentally moved a car to the Stockyard and thought it was gone forever too BUT, when i went down to the "FILTER BY" section, it loaded the Stockyard for me and was then able to bring my car back to the garage!!!

Is the glitch fixed then? According to many posts in this thread several suffered it - so it must be true - as attested to anyway. I'm not going to take any chances as yet - though I can't see myself owning 500 cars at this point in the game (unless I get infected with some sort of firstism that makes me eat up the game too quick.)

At this point I have 32 cars - and have used only two in Career Mode.

I might buy a few cheap cars and experiment with the Stockyard first. Can't trust the hired help these days . . . :scared:

So i stockyarded all of my gt academy cars went online to play for a bit came offline went to get one of my stockyard cars and it said no cars ..so i pressed back and tryed loading my garage up again and it has deleted my entire gt academy collection =( cant see any way of getting them back either .. really not cool at all so keep a eye out for this everyone , if it happens just turn console straight off DO NOT press back as it will save your stockyard as empty like it has mine ..
same here

After reading about the glitch this evening, I loaded the game went to the Stockyard to check on the DLC cars I had stored there and they were gone.

I quit the game and deleted the Main Save and restarted the game using the Backup and was fortunate to find the cars were OK there, so I moved them to the Mian Garage.

I went to another Account I had started the game on and had no problem with the Stockyard at all so quickly moved the cars to the Mian Garage there as well.

not sure the cause of it mate but yeah keep stockyard clear for now :/
any one else had the driving line glitch ? i have all assists off as i dont use them but sometimes (only online) i join some ones lobby and it auto switches my driving line on even tho my settings have it off and once this glitch happens u cant get the line off untill you leave or host cancels entry on everyone :/

Welcome. But bear in mind that GT6 looks like being even more capitalistic than Forza was - in game credits cost a fortune !

I seem to remember that any car in Forza 4 over 1 million CR, cost 3 tokens ($3) ???

A 20 million car here, will cost you $120.

Oh man! I just found my stockyard severely reduced. I must have lost a lot in a previous save and not noticed.

What a ridiculous bug!

Is this patched in 1.01?

I've still not been able to upgrade.

Just so you all know... You can only have 500 cars in your garage.. At that point you HAVE to start moving cars to the stockyard to make room for more.

Welcome. But bear in mind that GT6 looks like being even more capitalistic than Forza was - in game credits cost a fortune !

I seem to remember that any car in Forza 4 over 1 million CR, cost 3 tokens ($3) ???

A 20 million car here, will cost you $120.

thats fine they could change it to £1000 real money for one car wouldnt bother me , i would never use tokens or gt6 lil deal on cr , forza you could make 100mil cr in a hour and without cheating , gt on other hand its bit more of a grind for your cr but .... im a test/tune/clock type of player so i just use the career races as testing and tuning session and i get cr for it ... happy days :) spot on tuned car and cr ..... 80laps is a tune imo so money on gt hasnt been a issue , currently sitting on 8 and half mil cr lol , but only 4 cars dialled in , i get to into tuning yo lol

n
Oh man! I just found my stockyard severely reduced. I must have lost a lot in a previous save and not noticed.

What a ridiculous bug!

Is this patched in 1.01?

I've still not been able to upgrade.

not that im aware of dude

not sure the cause of it mate but yeah keep stockyard clear for now :/
any one else had the driving line glitch ? i have all assists off as i dont use them but sometimes (only online) i join some ones lobby and it auto switches my driving line on even tho my settings have it off and once this glitch happens u cant get the line off untill you leave or host cancels entry on everyone :/

I've experienced this as well. Enter track for practice and driving line is on. Pause to quick options to turn off. Then race starts and driving line is back on again.

I've experienced this as well. Enter track for practice and driving line is on. Pause to quick options to turn off. Then race starts and driving line is back on again.

its horrid when your forced to have it on :(

Regarding the stockyard, I noticed something odd the first time I used it. I decided, like many others it seems, to put my 15th Anniversary cars to one side whilst I do the early part of the game. So I select them all and do the transfer, a progress bar pops up and they're supposedly all transferred.

Then, when I hit circle to leave the car list, another progress bar pops up saying "updating stockyard". That really made me stop and think. There is a time between "physically" moving your cars to the stockyard and the game actually storing that process properly, in which you can faff around with other cars, potentially forget what you were doing, and just switch the console off.

I wonder what would happen if you were to switch the game off after transferring cars to the stockyard, without leaving the car list first. Is that possibly the cause of these losses? I guess it's worth experimenting with, although I'm somewhat reticent to do so.

Needless to say all my cars are in the garage now, just in case.

I doubt many just turns the console off mid-stockyard processing.

I know that I "loaded the stockyard", placed three cars there, exited and "saved stockyard" and ran a few races, quit the game, opened the game later, went to the car list, and had an empty stockyard. At first I thought the car really hadnt been transferred there so expected them in my garage but no they were gone.

Rubbish cars so no crisis for me, but it's a massive error.

I wonder what would happen if you were to switch the game off after transferring cars to the stockyard, without leaving the car list first. Is that possibly the cause of these losses? I guess it's worth experimenting with, although I'm somewhat reticent to do so.
Game save is atomic. Actual save happens only when you leave the list of cars. So, if you turn your console off before leave the list then your cars will remain in the main garage.
The windows with unpacking and packing stockyard doesn't make changes to game save. Change is made only when you see small saving note in the right bottom corner.

Game save is atomic. Actual save happens only when you leave the list of cars. So, if you turn your console off before leave the list then your cars will remain in the main garage.
The windows with unpacking and packing stockyard doesn't make changes to game save. Change is made only when you see small saving note in the right bottom corner.

I'm assuming this has been tested?

If so, then it looks like PD have a more serious issue on their hands.

I still don't like the way the stockyard isn't updated the moment you actually do the transfer. That's just asking for trouble, in my opinion.

Also, OP said he went online and then came back to the car list and found them missing. He didn't say anything about turning it off.

Does it only happen after you go online? Because I just tried it and my cars are still there.

@Damo420, have you tried going to the "Filter By" section like @Telli Prego did?

I was lucky myself. I was looking for a way to have some sort of gallry mode to show the cars to my kid... I did ut most of the anniversary cars in it, but I decided to bring them back before doing anything else then when I saw that it was not really useful.

I still don't like the way the stockyard isn't updated the moment you actually do the transfer. That's just asking for trouble, in my opinion.

Stockyard uses very slow method to store the cars. If it would save after each movement then it would take hours! Actually, you cannot do anything while you are in car list. You only can move them between garage and stockyard. Also you can change current car. Nothing else. When you try to exist from car list then stockyard will be packed and then game will be saved. Pretty much correct way of handling these 2 different storages.
Nether garage nor stockyard saved separately. They are packing and saving always at the same time. So, there is no risk to loose the car unless there is a bug.

Since i have 1200+ cars, i have to use stockyard. I didn't notice any car loss.
I see the only common thing of all those reports of car loss: all reporters told they moved DLC (15th anniversary) cars. I didn't move these cars - they are always in my garage.
Now i have 40 cars in garage and all others are in stockyard. I will move more cars to garage according to my progress through career.

Sounds like the 'stockyard' is a GT6 trashcan... what on earth was wrong with the old system of having a garage and a list of favourites. Sigh.
It's not even worthy having the title of "GT6 Trashcan". You might as well sell all the cars you will never use again and at least get some money back.

Back