Major Stockyard Glitch "Watch Out"

• Thread starter Damo420
  • 146 comments
I wanted to put all my commuter cars in there, and rubbish like NASCARS and other dull stuff. But I don't want them to go away.

Can anyone tell us whenever this issue is fixed? Ok, thanks.

Is the "Stockyard issue" anyhow related to the recent 20M Mercedes VGT glitch?

I wonder about that, since glitch asks people to physically delete main Game Data from the XMB and Game Data is where the Stockyard files are written (as well as all other files, thus actual gamesave is fairly small in size).

If you delete the Game Data, you will lose the Stockyard files as well, because in order to save all possible "differences" of particular cars (with their unique paints, rims, tunes, parts, mileage, condition of chasis/engine, etc.) game probably creates a fairly big data file that can re-load the particular car(s) once retracted.

In the same time, Game Save still "knows" there is some amount of cars in the Sotckyard and shows the number next to the icon, but once you try to retrieve them, they are not there since GameData is deleted?

Is that possible?

I haven't glitched (yet) but I lost three cars. And I'm pretty sure I've read reports from glitchers that their stockyard is ok. So it has to be some other explanation as well. But maybe glitching increases probability?

It's probably to limit the save-game size, which makes loading & saving much faster.
Where does it save the stockyard then, into the game data itself? That would probably explain some of my issues as I tried and failed to install 1.01 four times and deleted game data a couple of times in taht process.

Where does it save the stockyard then, into the game data itself? That would probably explain some of my issues as I tried and failed to install 1.01 four times and deleted game data a couple of times in taht process.

As far as I know, it is saved online somewhere at PD's servers.
That is also the reason why you cannot access the stockyard while offline (no internet)

Friends of mine, down/upgraded multiple times (which includes deleting of game data) without loss of stockyard cars.

As far as I know, it is saved online somewhere at PD's servers.
That is also the reason why you cannot access the stockyard while offline (no internet)

Friends of mine, down/upgraded multiple times (which includes deleting of game data) without loss of stockyard cars.
Hmm, yeah I've never tried turning off the internet connection to check.

Can anyone else check this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lost-all-my-cars.292026/page-2#post-9067138 ???

Like there are problems with AE Megane?

It is not only the megane, this happened with several AE cars; I have found some, but not so many, players having this issue. It is not related to stockyard, because some have lost all the garage and stars without having used the stockyard

ps: the stockyard works offline, no PD server

Edit: for what I understood the "lost all cars and stars" problem is related to AE cars setting not updating (together with miles), after having applied power limiter. A strange "GARG" name appears then in the car setting. After that, the save file is corrupted. Not related to exploits/glitchs as far as I can tell (because this happened to many players before the AMG glitch was known/used)

Last edited:
I see the only common thing of all those reports of car loss: all reporters told they moved DLC (15th anniversary) cars. I didn't move these cars - they are always in my garage.
Now i have 40 cars in garage and all others are in stockyard. I will move more cars to garage according to my progress through career.

And maybe this? Could be, that moving DLC cars is the problem?

I did the glitch a few times and never had problems with cars disapearing from stockyard. And I have more than 150 in there.

Maybe you can't put DLC cars in there?! I don't know.

I only tried it with the Ford Focus ST (15th An), but i did not like the way how long it took for 1 car.
I thought it was more like a backup garage. Not a cloud thingy.

I have a few AE cars in there plus a few of the reward cars as well as a few bought cars. I have moved them in and out a few times everyday from the release and have never lost a one. I have even painted tuned a few to change things up and still have them. I can say for me at least it works just fine. Of course all the cars in there are ones I could less if I lost or not just to keep testing this theory.

Anyone else lost parts from having bought and fitted them in race?
Also, anyone noticed how wrong and broken the setting sheets are?

Any connection between the Stockyard Glitch and the 'Money-making via Gift Cars' Glitch?

I'm not going anywhere near the Stockyard for the moment.

In any case I'm dirt poor right now - though strangely enough, I have more cars untouched than driven. So far I've only driven the Fit, the Clio, and four 15th Anniversary cars that were required for a TT. I won an M4 last night . . . so that's going to keep me occupied for awhile - I'm still at 11%.

Hopefully as time goes on and my OCD collecting habits kick in, I'll have a safe place to store the cars in the game.

Meanwhile my advice is to back-up, and be patient. No need to horde all the cars - they are safely stored at the dealers and can be acquired when necessary as long as one has the credits to unlock them when the urge to merge come along.

In any case the credit system seems to be broken right now, which is what is causing the gap between the haves and have-nots and causing the disruption of space and time and therefore the game's playability. What say you, Peter Joseph? :D

I had put another car in my stockyard to test, and to surprise it wasn't gone, but had been joined by a Mercedes VGT!

Not much use though as clicking the Merc just makes me exit the garage directly to the main menu. So another sort of bug there.

Not to mention I have lost cars in my Stockyard before, but have never put the Merc VGT in there so that was most odd!

Been glitchin and moving unused/unwanted cars from main to stockyard for a good 5 days now without any probs.
I've about 800 odd cars in the stockyard atm..
Even tried moving them back and forth without any probs as well.
Could it be just a random thing?
As i've seen posts with different scenarios that the glitch has affected,but there does not seem to be a pattern as such?

Been glitchin and moving unused/unwanted cars from main to stockyard for a good 5 days now without any probs.
I've about 800 odd cars in the stockyard atm..
Even tried moving them back and forth without any probs as well.
Could it be just a random thing?
As i've seen posts with different scenarios that the glitch has affected,but there does not seem to be a pattern as such?
I have failed to see the pattern also. Some say it happens when they have raced online, some have experienced it when glitching, for me the cars dissapeared when exiting the game and entering it an hour later with no specific actions in the mean time. I feared that I had exited the game before the stockyard had "stored itself" but that should be impossible shouldnt it?

Just to add my scenario.

I have glitched, and moved cars in and out of the stockyard from 1.0 to 1.02.

I haven't raced online, and do not have any AE Cars.

I guess that it is safe to use the Stockyard? Not that I have anywhere near 500 cars, I wondered if anybody who had lost cars had started to use the stockyard again.

Back