Does anyone else miss these? They added a lot more to the game and were certainly tough in some cases! Nearly every manufacturer had their own specialist series. Would certainly give us a lot more races to enjoy! Any views on this?
I know that were talking about the manufacture races in GT4, but I think that this was the best part of NFS Shift.
They were still relatively easy, but definitely fun!
Really wish GT5 would implement this somehow.
Pretty please PD?
You can do 1make/model races in practice I think, but there's no xp/creds and also if you've tuned your car at all they're stupidly easy. I thank God for the engine limiters so that I can make those practice races at least challenging and fun.
My GT5 was started up for the last time last night, I've no more events unlocked and those that are still locked require hours and hours of repeating the same completed events so that I have something new to do. I bought the game to actually do races and win cars, not to spend my time levelling up.
The license tests and cost of the cars were enough of a barrier in previous Gran Turismo's, they were more realistic because if you didn't have the license or the car you couldn't compete in the event and it also actually gave you a challenge (unlike driving an x2010 around an oval) to progress in the game.