My prediction about March update:

Cars
1991 Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2
1998 Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVolution 8 MR

Track
Sebring (It's Sebring race IMSA and WEC in 18 March)

Features
Multiclass in ofline and online races
More customization in on line lobbies (1.Choose cars as opponents 2. abilty to change livery before a race 3.more real life rules (flags etc)
Championships
Αbility to sell parts and engines

Scapes
Greece

Last edited:
Michelle Obama Hope GIF by Obama

Obligatory LFA plug here.
Obligatory 190E plug here. (I don't even like it that much but c'mon PD, we've got the Sierra and 2 E30s)

Realistically, I have no clue what to expect. I mean, who could've predicted the Citroen DS and RA272?!

Inhales Hopium

Grand Valley Speedway

Nissan R390 GT1
Toyota GT-One
Jaguar XJ220 (Street Version for now)
Lexus LFA (lol)
Mercedes 190E Evo II

VR2

Fixes, plus new glitches
Same as my February prediction, minus what actually came this month.

Given it’ll be the 1 year anniversary of GT7 I’m positive there will be an update of some sort. Whether it will be small and silly like only bug fixes and foolish tweaks to PP or physics, or a big one with lots of cars, tracks and menu books/missions is the question.
My guess is 7 new cars, another classic GT original track with multiple events for it and some extra menu books per usual. There will be a special bonus of some kind for everyone to celebrate the 1 year anniversary...maybe 1 million credits, maybe a car with a unique livery/suit or an engine ticket etc.

My prediction about March update:

Cars
1991 Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2
1998 Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVolution 8 MR

Track
Sebring (It's Sebring race IMSA and Wec in 18 March)

Features
Multiclass in ofline and online races
More customization in on line lobbies (1.Choose cars as opponents 2. abilty to change livery before a race 3.more real life rules (flags etc)
Championships
Αbility to sell parts and engines

Scapes
Greece

debate-debate2016.gif

Last edited:
For cars, I predict four cars as being the most likely quantity. As to what they could be, I have no clue. I also predict there'll be some sort of event for GT7's first anniversary, very much like the GTWS '22 World Final last year, where we had a series of Daily Races where we won a lot more credits.

I think we're very much overdue for a new set of missions, too, but I don't think they'll be the 24h races that were mentioned at some point. Instead, I think they'll feature some of the new cars/tracks that've been added since The Human Comedy, especially since the final drag mission implies there's more to come. Who knows, maybe we'll also get a set of missions based on hillclimbs, with ideally both Pikes Peak and the Goodwood hillclimbs appearing in GT7.

I also imagine we could use another Bonus Menu or two, maybe even three. But this time, I think we could see new championships instead of just a new trio of single races. This would especially be nice if said championships required some of the later licenses, or more advanced cars like those in Gr.2. I could see another Bonus Menu championship featuring the F1500T-A at various circuits that've been part of the actual F1 calendar, such as Brands Hatch, the Nurburgring GP course, and Fuji.

As for any Extra Menus, I bet the next one or two that we get will continue the trend of including at least one car that's part of the update. I, for one, am surprised we still don't have Extra Menus themed around McLaren, Aston Martin, or Lamborghini. An Extra Menu focused on the various V12 Lamborghini models would seem obvious, considering we've had Extra Menus focused on mid-engined Porsche models and inline-six BMWs. Said Extra Menu could feature the Miura prototype (though I'd ideally want to see the Miura SV get added), the Murcielago, and one of the two Aventador models we have at the moment. The reward could be a V12 Lamborghini model that isn't part of the Extra Menu, such as the Countach LP400. (But if it were up to me, I'd add that iconic racing Diablo that was in the JGTC, and then make that car the prize.)

For courses, I think we could see a new Grand Valley layout coming, as well as one for Colorado Springs. But I also think we're overdue for a new Asia/Oceania circuit, so maybe a hypothetical West and/or North layout for Tokyo Expressway could be coming. The return of Twin Ring Motegi would be fantastic, though, as would the potential debut of another Oceania circuit like Phillip Island.

Finally, for engine swaps, I'd like to see something for the older Fiat 500, given how the Abarth 595, Volkswagen Beetle 1200, and Mini Cooper S '65 all have obtained engine swaps. I'd also predict a new car that can get the Lamborghini Aventador SV engine - possibly the Miura Prototype - and possibly the Escudo engine. For that last one, I'd expect it to go into one (or both) of the two Swift models. I also had a second LS9 and already put the first one into a Trans-Am, so maybe it could go into some other classic muscle car, like the Corvette C2.

Last edited:
I belive if we get a new update in march it will be maybe 4-5 cars but no new tracks, we never see a new track every month, and its not sure the game will have an update every month. i think all was supriced and wrong with the cars we got in february update with cars that are not in the datamine, maybe that gives hope for mclaren 720s and Porsche 911 gt2 rs at some point,

I am going to predict 4 cars
Castrol mugen nsx
Lexus lfa
Mercedes 190e evo
Mitsubishi lancer evolution lx 06

No new tracks or layouts

And of their is an update it wont be next week more like end of march in my opinion

Maybe the two Super Formula cars from the 2023 season?

One more VGT?

Sugo? Motegi? Red Rock Valley? Zolder? Yas Marina? Sebring? Apricot Hill? Nurb layouts?

Last edited:
Prediction: same as every other non-circuit update. 3-4 cars, some bugfixes, some Scapes, maybe a new feature for Online Lobbies and adjusting of Hagerty prices. What the hell else would it be?

These threads should really be called Wish Lists, because we have no meaningful data to build month-over-month predictions off of, except for a leaked list of potential DLC candidates of both circuits and cars and past update patterns. Which is why the most we can ever hope to accurately predict is a general amount of cars and possibly some Scapes. Beyond that, it's a wish list.

Now that that's said, here's my Wish List for the upcoming March update.

Merc 190E
Mitsu Evo3
Opponents that use the full range of throttle in Custom Race

These threads should really be called Wish Lists
No.

We're not changing things just because some people can't be bothered to put any thought into their "contributions". However if people are going to incessantly post wishlists, or (in one case so far) dumb stuff, just for the sake of posting they're going to find their posts removed - and possibly some unwelcome notifications and inbox messages (particularly if they have received some of them before).

Wishlists - which we already have plenty of, thanks, and won't be needing any more - and predictions are different things. Predictions have reasoning, and while they may also have hope they're not entirely composed of it. It's not important what the reasoning is, so long as it's actual reasoning.

Let's take the people who've predicted the Super Formula SF23 as an example. Here's the reasoning:

The last one arrived in March 2019, between the second pre-season test (March 26/27) and the first race at Suzuka (April 21).

If the SF23 is coming, I'd expect it to be at a similar point, so late March (23/30) ahead of R1/2 at Fuji on April 7-8.
Looks like anyone who says they predict the SF23 should be part of a late-March update has good cause to do so - whether or not it comes to pass.

Predicting the Jaguar XJ220 road car would, similarly, not be a stretch on the basis we've seen its interior model already.

If you can present any content which has reasoning behind it, it's a prediction rather than a wish. If you're just slapping into the thread to post a list of vehicles/tracks and presenting no reasoning, it's not.

Again, it's not important what the reasoning is, so long as it's actual reasoning. There's value to be had in discussing the reasoning, in addition to the cars/tracks/features presented as a result of it - for example, the reasoning given upthread for a new track (which I think is a reach, given the pace of them) not being in the Americas because every post-launch (and two of three pre-launch) new track so far has been there. There'd be a good counterargument that due to the preponderence of IMSA content, maybe the next track will also be in the Americas - whenever it arrives.

It'd be great if people could remember:

Why does GTPlanet have unusual rules?
GTPlanet’s Acceptable Use Policy applies across all areas of the website and is somewhat unusual on the Internet due to its request for “decent grammar” and the prohibition of “txtspk”.

Such rules are often met with confusion and contempt by some new users. However, GTPlanet is not just another disposable “video game forum” – it is a community and a home for thousands of like-minded people which has thrived since 2001. These rules have always been in place and remind everyone to put a little more thought into what they’re contributing to the community. In turn, this creates a more pleasant and attractive place for everyone.

Insert the Clubber Lang "Pain" prediction gif.

Seriously:
  • 2 Hagerty's cars (one costing 8 figures) and a VGT
  • Another Hagerty's time-gated Extra Menu and another invitation-gated Extra Menu, neither for engine or parts tickets
  • Some more Japanese scapes
  • The delayed Hagerty's price increases, including the first cars (plural) over 20,000,000 Cr.
  • No new tracks or track layouts
  • No new Menu Books

Last edited:
For cars, I predict four cars as being the most likely quantity. As to what they could be, I have no clue. I also predict there'll be some sort of event for GT7's first anniversary, very much like the GTWS '22 World Final last year, where we had a series of Daily Races where we won a lot more credits.

I think we're very much overdue for a new set of missions, too, but I don't think they'll be the 24h races that were mentioned at some point. Instead, I think they'll feature some of the new cars/tracks that've been added since The Human Comedy, especially since the final drag mission implies there's more to come. Who knows, maybe we'll also get a set of missions based on hillclimbs, with ideally both Pikes Peak and the Goodwood hillclimbs appearing in GT7.

I also imagine we could use another Bonus Menu or two, maybe even three. But this time, I think we could see new championships instead of just a new trio of single races. This would especially be nice if said championships required some of the later licenses, or more advanced cars like those in Gr.2. I could see another Bonus Menu championship featuring the F1500T-A at various circuits that've been part of the actual F1 calendar, such as Brands Hatch, the Nurburgring GP course, and Fuji.

As for any Extra Menus, I bet the next one or two that we get will continue the trend of including at least one car that's part of the update. I, for one, am surprised we still don't have Extra Menus themed around McLaren, Aston Martin, or Lamborghini. An Extra Menu focused on the various V12 Lamborghini models would seem obvious, considering we've had Extra Menus focused on mid-engined Porsche models and inline-six BMWs. Said Extra Menu could feature the Miura prototype (though I'd ideally want to see the Miura SV get added), the Murcielago, and one of the two Aventador models we have at the moment. The reward could be a V12 Lamborghini model that isn't part of the Extra Menu, such as the Countach LP400. (But if it were up to me, I'd add that iconic racing Diablo that was in the JGTC, and then make that car the prize.)

For courses, I think we could see a new Grand Valley layout coming, as well as one for Colorado Springs. But I also think we're overdue for a new Asia/Oceania circuit, so maybe a hypothetical West and/or North layout for Tokyo Expressway could be coming. The return of Twin Ring Motegi would be fantastic, though, as would the potential debut of another Oceania circuit like Phillip Island.

Finally, for engine swaps, I'd like to see something for the older Fiat 500, given how the Abarth 595, Volkswagen Beetle 1200, and Mini Cooper S '65 all have obtained engine swaps. I'd also predict a new car that can get the Lamborghini Aventador SV engine - possibly the Miura Prototype - and possibly the Escudo engine. For that last one, I'd expect it to go into one (or both) of the two Swift models. I also had a second LS9 and already put the first one into a Trans-Am, so maybe it could go into some other classic muscle car, like the Corvette C2.
I think the endurance and 24h missions will be coming at some point. I agree for the new extra championships, we really need them and I hope they will introduce them ASAP

The last update added a little for everyone, so I expect a similar update in March as well.

So, 3 or 4 cars, 60s-70s historic, VGT and mid 2000s. If there be fourth, it could be a rally legend car or long awaited GT iconic car.

This time, no new track or layout, only 2-3 new café books for completion. Maybe another update for Sophy AI with new challenges for it.

That is probably all.

The last update added a little for everyone, so I expect a similar update in March as well.

So, 3 or 4 cars, 60s-70s historic, VGT and mid 2000s. If there be fourth, it could be a rally legend car or long awaited GT iconic car.

This time, no new track or layout, only 2-3 new café books for completion. Maybe another update for Sophy AI with new challenges for it.

That is probably all.
Agreed, maybe as an addition to what you mentioned (assuming we'll be lucky) we gonna get the Nurbugring layouts that were leaked in December and some lobby improvements and features returning from GT Sport

Back