March 2023 update prediction thread

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 149 comments
Proably around 8 tracks and 80-90 cars are more accurate
you think?? I dont believe they will do much more about this game....
apricot hill is almost 99%, but about real circuits...I am not sure that new will come
I REALLY HOPE I AM ULTRA WRONG

Last edited:
apricot hill is almost 99%, but about real circuits...I am not sure that new will come
Why? 2 of the 3 tracks added post-launch are real circuits, so there’s no indication that they ain’t interested or whatever in adding those.
And about cars, Kaz already stated that their output will be around 60 cars a year

There will be more real circuits no doubt, but expect also fictional tracks, and its nothing wrong with that, its what made gran turismo so special, with vr now available i hope we see tracks like Tokyo r246, special stage route 5 and maybe new york, we already got 2 real world circuit added last year, i dont think things will show down this year maybe in 2025 we see less content added, but 30 cars will at least be added in 2023 i could see them add the number of cars to 600 by its end in maybe 2025

Last edited:
There will be more real circuits no doubt, but expect also fictional tracks, and its nothing wrong with that, its what made gran turismo so special, with vr now available i hope we see tracks like Tokyo r246, special stage route 5 and maybe new york, we already got 2 real world circuit added last year, i dont think things will show down this year maybe in 2025 we see less content added, but 30 cars will at least be added in 2023 i could see them add the number of cars to 600 by its end in maybe 2025
I really hope so..+ I wanna see rb x fan car back...since it was made for gran turismo game

I was sure this was the "March 2023 Update Prediction Thread" not the "Guess PD's Content Delivery Strategy Through to 2026 Thread".

There's nothing stopping you from making a new thread rather than derailing an existing one.
copy that, boss!

Kinda hopium but also semi realistic as the XJ220 is probably done or close to being done by now: SF23 Formula cars, XJ220 or NSX JGTC '00 and 1 or 2 other cars with 1 being from the list and the other being unknown.

Sebring cos IMSA licence, Cadillac GTP cos IMSA licence Ferrari Hyper car cos Ferrari Licence. Corvette C8 GTE for no good reason at all so wish list.
B8D185F5-BBAA-4D86-BEF2-7C6CD8D5C5F8.jpeg

My predictions:

-Reveal of silhouettes next Sunday, which is my birthday. Three to five cars will be shown, and a release date of sometime that week, between Tuesday and Thursday.

-I'd think there could be a new circuit, but whether it's a returning one, a new original layout to a pre-existing venue, or a new venue altogether is anyone's guess. My bet for the next returning circuit would be either Apricot Hill or Twin Ring Motegi. New layout could be an additional Colorado Springs layout, a Tokyo Expressway North/West, or (ideally) the return of Suzuka West. My bet for a new venue? Either Lime Rock Park, or maybe a circuit that's set somewhere relatively novel in the world of GT, such as Kyalami, Phillip Island, or the Dubai Autodrome. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to see Fuji Speedway circa the 1960s - with the large banked first turn - I don't think we'll see historic layouts in GT anymore.

-I think the Gr.1-spec Genesis VGT could be coming sooner than later, as far as VGTs go. On that note, I think we can ignore the older list of VGT brands, as I don't recall there being a way to navigate to it on the official site. But I wouldn't count out Bertone anymore, either, as I think they were just revived, and with a new concept known as the GB110. Of course, I'd hope that the VGT program would ideally be a way for various automakers to get Gr.1-spec machines that either never had them, or haven't had a racing prototype in a while, like Alfa Romeo or Ford. We also can't discount the idea of a brand who already has a VGT making another one, as seen with Jaguar and Peugeot, so I'd love to see a Pininfarina-branded VGT, especially since the Fittipaldi EF7 is no more. I'd even be fine if it was just a racing version of the Battista - as long as it fit into one of the major groups, that is, so that'd likely mean making it a hybrid, or full-ICE. Now, if Mercedes-Benz/AMG could make another VGT, but make it a Gr.1 car in the vein of LMDh/LMH, that'd just be amazing.

-As for other cars beyond VGT, I'm not sure if we can rely on the datamined list anymore. While I'm still very excited for the cars in that list, I'm just as excited over the idea of the cars truly being anyone's guess. Now that we have the Citroen DS, I'd hope that the 2CV wouldn't be too far behind, or perhaps other iconic European compacts, like the Golf Mk.IV R32. There are also some iconic models that don't seem to be in the datamined list, like the Porsche 959 and 914, a ton of older Alfa Romeo models like the Tipo 33 Stradale or the Spider, the Alpine A310, or the older Fiat 124 Sport Spider. But what cars get added will likely bring me to my next topic.

-The cars that are required for the next Extra Menu(s) will likely play into the cars getting introduced in that update. Unfortunately, I think there are some very iconic brands that simply don't have enough cars to create a solid Extra Menu just yet, such as Aston Martin, Jaguar, and McLaren. So far, we've seen the required cars originate from not just Brand Central, but the UCD and even Legendary Cars, as well. With the relatively recent Bugatti menu, we've even seen a car be required that's locked behind an invite. Heck, not every car in an Extra Menu needs to even be from that brand exactly, as we can see with the menus featuring Abarth and Honda Motorsport. So that leaves quite a few possibilities, especially when you experiment with more niche ideas like engine placements/types. My potential ideas - using the current car list - were as following:

-V12 Lamborghini models - Miura Prototype, Countach 25th Anniversary, Aventador SV

-Homologation Specials - Porsche 911 GT1 Road Car, Plymouth Superbird, Lancia Stratos

-Citroen - Citroen DS, Citroen "GT by Citroen" Road Car, DS3 Racing

-Honda S Series - Honda S800, Honda S2000, Honda S660

-Group C - Mazda 787B, Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP

Last edited:
Back