March 2023 update prediction thread

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 149 comments
Given there hasn't been a numbered menu book update since October I think they will add menu book 47. 2-3 months seems to be the cycle for them so one is long overdue. Given the themes they have visited in the past I'm thinking it will feature the returning "classic" GT tracks and will be a high PP challenge.

Last edited:
As for tracks, I predict either Sebring or Autumn Ring. (Would be cool to have both, though, as it means we have the three most prestigious endurance tracks, and every original track from the first Gran Turismo except Special Stages Routes 5 and 11).

Super formula '23
Jaguar XJ220
BMW M5 '05

Nurburgring Sprint layouts

Jaguar Extra Menu
Super Formula Cafe Menu

The limit is 20, actually.
We used to have daily race C with 20, yeah. Currently back to 16 though. Even had 24 online for a select few events in GT Sport. And here we are going backwards to 16. Lobbies have never even had 20 though, which if given would be an improvement but not enough. :(

Given there hasn't been a numbered menu book update since October I think they will add menu book 47. 2-3 months seems to be the cycle for them so one is long overdue. Given the themes they have visited in the past I'm thinking it will feature the returning "classic" GT tracks and will be a high PP challenge.
Its worse than you think. Since July last year (7 months) we have only received 4 new menu books while during the same period we have received 17 extra menus which IMO is hollow content (content without actual content).

I would at least like to see a couple of menu books added soon but ideally I feel we are well overdue for another set of missions if not some actual classic endurance races.

Predicting the Jaguar XJ220 road car would, similarly, not be a stretch on the basis we've seen its interior model already.
Wait, when was this ? I forgot.
Yes, let's get yet another US track, we don't have enough yet
To be fair, I wouldn't be mad if we get Seattle back. I'd play the game a lot more lol

But unlikely I guess.

Last edited:
No tracks. Just a small update, some fixes and a few cars.
Oh, i think it is the moment for some music rally events.
I would love to see the Tesla gr 3 we saw last year in the comparison trailer.

My Guess for the March update is.....

Return of the re-done version of Midfield Raceway from GT6.
Midfield Raceway (GT6).jpg

Despite meeting the requirements of being a skyline GT-R the Skyline's below were not included in the allowed cars for the GT7 event called, the "Nissan GT-R Cup", so in this update they will be added to the event.
  • Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (KPGC10), 1970
  • Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (KPGC110), 1973
  • +Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base, 2006
Removal of invitations for the cars in brand central

Return of the event "GT compact car championship" will return from GT6, allowing all cars under 4200mm in length to take part in the event.

Return of the event "Formula Gran Turismo World Championship" will return from GT5 allowing us to utilize the unused formula car list. *Dallara SF19 Honda, Dallara SF19 TRD, Honda RA272 '65, Gran Turismo F1500T-A and McLaren MP4/4 '88

Create a new event called "World Sportscar Championship" allowing for the use of 50s and 60s sportscar racing.
*Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 '65, Alpine A110 1600S '72, Aston Martin DB3S, Ferrari 250 GT '61, Ferrari 250 GTO '62, Ferrari 500 Mondial, Ford GT40 '66, Jaguar D-Type, Jaguar E-Type '61, Maserati A6GCS, Mercedes-Benz 300SL '52, Mercedes-Benz 300SL '54, Porsche 356A Coupe, Porsche 356A Speedster, Porsche 550 Spyder, Shelby Cobra '66 and Shelby GT350 '65.

Create a new event called "Track Masters" allowing the use of the crazy track cars in GT7 like the:
*Aston Martin Vulcan, BAC Mono, Ferrari FXX K, Honda Project 2&4, KTM X-Bow, McLaren P1 GTR, Pagani Zonda R, Porsche 917 Living Legend and Renault R.S. 01 +(Ferrari FXX & LCC Rocket)

Return of the "Nostalgic 1979" from GT Sport event so we can actually use some of these classic 20,000,000cr cars.

My Guess of car list:
AAR Eagle Indy Car, 1966 - (Competitor for the 1965 Honda RA272)
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale, 2011
Ferrari FXX, 2007
Lamborghini Diablo GT2, 1998
Light Car Company Rocket, 2007
Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base, 2006
Porsche 911 GT2 Evo [993], 1997
TVR Tamora, 2002

AAR Eagle Indy Car 1966.jpg
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale 2011.jpg
Ferrari FXX 2007.jpg
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 1998.jpg
Light Car Company Rocket 2007.jpg
Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 Base 2006.jpg
Porsche 911 GT2 Evo [993] 1997.jpeg
TVR Tamora 2002.jpg

Last edited:
Obligatory LFA plug here.
Obligatory 190E plug here. (I don't even like it that much but c'mon PD, we've got the Sierra and 2 E30s)

Realistically, I have no clue what to expect. I mean, who could've predicted the Citroen DS and RA272?!
200w.gif

Now it's time to make my prediction:
Cars:
Lexus LFA
New SF
Jaguar XJ220
Ruf Yellow bird
Genesis VGT

Track:
Nurburgring layouts

Scapes:
There will be new scapes from... I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there'll be new scape's locations

EDIT:
As a Special gift to celebrate GT7's first year of life, PD will give a gift ticket of... 5000 game credits (if we are lucky)

Last edited:
Since we have a bug-squash update coming overnight tonight (Western Hemisphere time), I predict we'll have 2 updates this month, with the second one for content. I already gave my prediction for that one up-thread.

I still yearn for the Dallara SF23 and the Sony Vision-S to arrive. The former is likely to come in the next update and it is likely to appear at the Super Formula section of Brand Central.

Cars - I don't have any idea. The SF23 are definately possible.

Tracks - no new ones. We had Grand Valley last month, now there is going to be no new track or Nurburgring layouts teased from some time.

And with Nurb endurance layout... I hope for 1 hour 1mln race in career mode.

Motegi

No guessing, but I would bet that Motegi will show up sooner or later. I believe that due to the large dimensions per square meter of the Twin Ring Motegi area, many details to be digitized, such as the oval circuit itself, it is possible that the Motegi is requiring some special work by PD.

In addition, it seems to me that the relationship between PD and Honda is very good, considering the RA272, the Suzuka circuit (owned by Honda) and the Gran Turismo Café commercial establishment located on the premises of the Motegi Resort (owned by Honda too). This real-life GT Café was installed in 2009, in the days of GT5.

Considering SF23 could appear in GT7, given the deal PD has with Super Formula, it's quite possible that Motegi will appear in the future.

It is very suggestive to bring the two SF23 cars accompanied by the Honda's racetrack and one of the main Super Formula circuits. By the way, we already have three North American circuits coming from updates. It's time we had an Asian circuit.

Last edited:
Man this is a prediction or a wishlist?

3 o 4 cars, no circuit this time, some game improvements, those are a more real things

Man this is a prediction or a wishlist?

I Wonder why PD doesnt give us some hill climb downforce monsters, it would be cheaper to get those then example: chiron, fxx, ? if you look what this new racing games give us.." similar car list " every games has almost the same car list option..

for the tracks..PD is known for their fictional circuits...I mean, almost every update they could bring 2 new tracks 🤣🤣🤣 free for them..exept they have to pay their workers...but they need to give them salary anyway 🤣🤣🤣

Back