March 2024 update predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually want that car, but I didn't even know it's in one of the scapes?
The Ishikawa Body repair shop.
20829536847701722.jpg

@RACECAR besides Pepperidge Farms, I definitely remember. Other than the NY Auto, I saw one in an old Lamborghini dealer in Queens. Me and a few friends were snapping pics of glass buildings for an architecture assignment. Walked along 23rd street and saw Lamborghinis in the lobby of the Citicorp building. One was a black LM002. I’ll never forget that.

Last edited:
I wonder where would Toyota GT One fit in GT7. Group 1 or Group 2
Would only make sense to have the GT-One in Gr.1, as the 787B and R92CP are Gr.1 already

Gr.1 easy - irl technically would have been Gr.2 but they can easily give it more power just like they did with Celica rally car
aaaaah you beat me to it xD speaking of Group C cars though, the Peugeot 905 or the BMW V12 LMR would be nice additions (yes the Peugeot with that horrible gearbox in GT4)

Although it may cause confusion amongst the playerbase - the '98 GT-ONE could fit into Gr.2 and the '99 car into Gr.1.

Technically they're pretty much identical - but the '99 car had a years development.

Unlike the competition Toyota didn't need to build a new car for '99.

Last edited:
It depends on which one it is. The 1998 GT-One is Gr.2 for sure, the GT1 class was a homologation class, and homologation vs prototypes seems to be the demarcating line for Gr.1/Gr.2.

1999 could go either way - the rules were that year you entered LMGTPs which was a prototype ruleset, and other 1999 cars such as the CLR would definitely be Gr.1, but the GT-One specifically was still derived from a homologation special so it's the biggest edge case around. By the current rules of the classes I think the 1999 version would be Gr.1, but I could also see PD going "in our game this fits more with the CLK-LM than it does by being strict" and sticking it in Gr.2 as well.

Gr.1 easy - irl technically would have been Gr.2 but they can easily give it more power just like they did with Celica rally car

Probably you are right, but on the other hand… we have plenty of Toyota gr.1 machines (3 actually) and no group 2 car :) (i don’t count lexus) so I would prefer it to be in Gr2 actually balanced with GT1 cars :D

Last edited:
Probably you are right, but on the other hand… we have plenty of Toyota gr.1 machines (3 actually) and no group 2 car :) (i don’t count lexus) so I would prefer it to be in Gr2 actually balanced with GT1 cars :D
especially since GT3 game they been using the '99 version which is basically Gr.1 so they don't have to tweak anything
what they really need to is properly BoP the Gr.1 - not sure how properly because the group is a mess

about the gr2 toyota - well lexus is toyota so yeah xD but i get you we might get the gr supra gt500 someday :D

If it's the '99 model, which is the most popular one, it will be in Gr. 1. The '98 model will be in Gr. 2 as it leans more towards longtail GT1 regulations.

I BEG YOU PEOPLE, STOP DREAMING ABOUT GT ONE! it's not coming to GT7

We have to wait for silhouttes this weekend, if this turns out to not be the case and we dont see the cars thats been talked about i think the youtube channel that talked about will get some backlash, if we end up with
Toyota gtone
Lamborghini urus
Audi r8 v10 16 i will be happy for sure.

Racing groups are actually fairly clean divisions, basically it's this, with the proviso that anything pre-1980 doesn't go in a group:

<Above Gr.1> - Formula cars
Gr.1 - prototype racing cars
Gr.2 - silhouette racing cars significantly faster than current GT3 spec
Gr.3 - current GT3 cars and historical silhouette race cars that are around current GT3 levels of power. Must be RWD, cannot be hybrid.
Gr.4 - Silhouette racing cars significantly slower than current GT3, as well as lightly tuned production-based race cars such as touring cars, Super Taikyu and GT4 cars. Cannot be hybrid.
<Below Gr.4> - Entry-level race cars with very low power like the Roadster TC
Gr.B - Any and all rally cars (with the Escudo exempted for balamce because it's so much more powerful than everything else)

That categorisation nails everything currently in a group except the Skyline Silhouette Group 5 car, which you could argue should be in Gr.2 by these rules.

For myself, I'm pretty happy with just about any new car. Doesn't really matter to me. I'm very very much more interested in new tracks. I'm hoping there's still one or two surprises coming in that regard before GT7 is completely put out to pasture. And the other thing I'm still hoping for is optimization.

(an all-round increase in payouts would be much-appreciated as well)

I don't particularly expect any of that though but here's hoping...

if this turns out to not be the case and we dont see the cars thats been talked about i think the youtube channel that talked about will get some backlash
If they're wrong, they've only made themselves look like idiots - not that this stops people visiting such channels. I saw one the other week which had as many views on its second "here's who Henry Cavill is playing in the MCU" video two days after its first one which named a different character. 🤡

It's worse if they're right, because they'll have pissed off the brands whose "we're coming to GT" ad campaigns will now have a dented ROI due to news leaking before their campaigns launched. This will lead to reduced willingness to be part of GT in the future, both through pure financial motives and because the PRs will be angry that the information wasn't controlled better once out of their hands so won't want to take the risk again...

They are rarional from a commercial/relantionship with brands perspective
The choices are rational from all perspectives. There are just some entitled individuals who fail to understand that the automotive world has more to offer than what said individuals want to see in the game here and now.

Last edited:
Technically, this is what Lamborghini has actually been pretty good at:

View attachment 1338436
What do tractors and the Urus have in common? Not much.

Soooo, still not seeing how them making an SUV is a problem.
It’s a problem because SUVs are dumb. I already stated the obvious in a previous post. They are heavy and tall. This has negative implications for fuel/energy consumption, general traffic safety and handling experience. The practicality they offer is not much better than a sleek station wagon, which does not suffer much from the above mentioned problems. SUVs are just a poor fashion trend that needs to end.

Also, I see people still don't remember that it was Lamborghini that made THIS

View attachment 1338438
That’s an off-roader. It has more capabilities in common with tractors than the Urus.

What a classy successor to the GTC4Lusso. NOT.

Last edited:
Whether they add the 1998 or 1999 GT-One model, both would still be slower than the LMP2s from around 10 years ago... And far slower than the GR010 which is already one of the slowest car in PD's Gr.1.

Best lap during the race :
  • 1998 : 3'41'809 #28
  • 1999 : 3'35'032 #3
  • 2021 : 3'27'607 #8

The track isn't exactly the same though. It was faster at Dunlop but slower into Porsche curves.

Gr.1 is a mess, but car physics themselves are a mess here. Generally speaking, they generate too much downforce / drag, most have the the same amount shown in the setup which sounds really odd.

What do tractors and the Urus have in common? Not much.

It’s a problem because SUVs are dumb. I already stated the obvious in a previous post. They are heavy and tall. This has negative implications for fuel/energy consumption, general traffic safety and handling experience. The practicality they offer is not much better than a sleek station wagon, which does not suffer much from the above mentioned problems. SUVs are just a poor fashion trend that needs to end.

That’s an off-roader. It has more capabilities in common with tractors than the Urus.

What a classy successor to the GTC4Lusso. NOT.
Personally I think there is a place for cheap / sensible SUVs, like Dacias and Kias. I wouldn't buy one myself but I can see why people do.

These high performance ones from luxury brands are an absolute monstrosity.

IMO of course. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back