March Bounty Hunter: ForzaRC Ladder Challenge

I can't seem to better my 2:09.603. That Corvette is awesome, but I just can't seem to squeeze out more time. I guess I have a couple of them beat, and a couple more within reach, but honestly I'd be amazed if I can get below 2:09.xxx . Kudo's to all of you ahead of me!

Times in OP are not valid anymore, by the way. As of last night, Triton was in the low 2:06s, Jonk1969 and Mechberg were in the 2:07s I believe. Didn't check the 2 others as I don't currently have them in my friend list.

Just hopped on and did a quick lap for the Regera participation prize, got a 2:08.992.

This car/track combo i think really showed how little grip the race cars actually have. Vette seemed like it just wanted to slide round every corner

I can't seem to better my 2:09.603. That Corvette is awesome, but I just can't seem to squeeze out more time. I guess I have a couple of them beat, and a couple more within reach, but honestly I'd be amazed if I can get below 2:09.xxx . Kudo's to all of you ahead of me!
I am not able to do better than 2:09:07 :(

This car/track combo i think really showed how little grip the race cars actually have. Vette seemed like it just wanted to slide round every corner
The car is not in default setting or Free Play has completely different car handling than Rivals events, because Vettes and other IMSA racers handles pretty well in Free Play and career.

As of 03/22:
RBW TRITON -- 2:06.154
JONK1969 -- 2:06.263
Mechberg -- 2:07.126
GR1MALIAN -- 2:11.195
ShmooGnu -- 2:24.937

Mechbeeeerg!!! :banghead:

So Jonk improved too, here is my re-upolad of my direct captured 2:06.831 lap from yesterday morning:

Until 0:58, my lap was perfect...

Another morning, time to try again.

After seeing how quick Triton and Jonk had gone I jumped on to try and put a bit of time between me and them.

Down to a 2:05.638 - hopefully thats enough.

Car is not too bad overall. Just can't quite string a full lap together.

• 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe
  • 1981 Volkswagen Scirocco S
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series Forza Edition
Not sure if it's even worth my effort just for these cars, especially when compared to the participation prize, a formerly VIP-only car with insane performance figures. (Although it could be another useless "Forza Specials" car, haven't checked the game yet.)

Watch their replays. Triton cuts across some apexs and if I do that I get a dirty lap. He also uses TCS and Automatic. (At least the last time I checked)

The Driver Gear had me put off when they came out with the stupid snowman and gingerbread man. You won't EVER catch my driver wearing anything stupid like that, (that is my opinion). The closest to that I might wear is the 'old timey' type gear, or like the Year of the Dog where it at least looks like driver gear. ( I can't wear the Year of the Dog gear, I'm year of the Dragon, Dragons and Dogs aren't supposed to mingle.) I am definitely "All About the Cars", when it comes to this game. Since the VW bus has already been hinted at being in the Specialty Dealer, I am okay with losing out on that one. It appears I can win the participation car, the Mercedes Benz Forza Edition and the VW Scirocco. Hopefully I get them, only really caring about the FE car, (she's like 15+ seconds away from my time).

I don't really care about competition. But if this is the only ridiculous way to get the Bus and Scirroco, I'll have to use all the assists, or even plug in my controller.

I detest the very concept of the bounty hunter. So I put in one clean lap for the participation prize and then walk away.

I like bounty hunters,just gives you a target,i like rivals idea really,just think they should be more "down to earth",not saying you dont need to work a lil bit,to easy no fun ofc,there are many who want that damn VW bus.I personally probably wont be able to get it,as i only can use button pad config due to injuries,so always using ABS,0% or 100% gas/brakes not helping,even tho im on a Mechberg level when concentrated.

If a target is all you need, then there's Rivals, and I like Rivals just fine. Bounty Hunters is just another way of saying "If you aren't in the top 0.1% of racers, then you don't get this content you already paid for when you bought the game."
I completely agree with your interpretation. Turn 10 needs to figure out a way to deliver this kind of content fairly to all, yet exclusively to some. Maybe something like paint schemes or tunes that are exclusive to the vehicle.

If a target is all you need, then there's Rivals, and I like Rivals just fine. Bounty Hunters is just another way of saying "If you aren't in the top 0.1% of racers, then you don't get this content you already paid for when you bought the game."

Well, let's be fair, it's only ever Triton (or Newgarden) that force you to be in that tiny sliver of the top.

I don't mind the concept of CBH, but I think it could use some tweaks to broaden the appeal. The major issue is dropping the number of Unicorns — currently it's something like 100, right? And at six months in, there's still how many that haven't even once been available to put in your garage? That's a problem.

Cut that number down, and make the cars prizes in CBH. Cool — but make them the participation prize. Give a unique livery to those that actually beat the target.

Or, alternately, at least make it additional cars, like the recent MGA, as unique CBH prizes. That way, you're not frustrating players that are simply never going to be able to access* something that's right there on their disc.

* - I feel like it still needs to be pointed out that all cars can be driven stock. Not excusing the Unicorn situation, as I'm very much in favour of opening up access, but it's not like there's zero way to use these cars.

I *hate* that I am going to have to resort to using traction if I want win the ruddy Typ 2 which will no doubt fall on itself in every turn.

I detest the very concept of the bounty hunter. So I put in one clean lap for the participation prize and then walk away.

I would't mind if the previous event had made us work for the MG since it was a DLC freebie. That's how FM6 always did it, but I'm still not convinced that the whole unicorn thing is a good idea. Beating a target time definitely shouldn't be a precondition when it comes to collecting cars that have been in the game since launch.

Since I don't really care about any of the cars we're offered this time around (the Scirocco's nice but I don't really need it that bad), I focused on just trying to match some of the top drivers, more for personal bragging rights than anything. In past FM games I've always ended up in the top 1-2% in most leaderboards so I know I'm not actually slow, but I can potentially be even faster with either more practice or different techniques. In my everlasting quest for 2:05s I've managed tonight a 2:06.026, 2:06.025 and a 2:06.023... not quite what I was looking for but at least, I'm quite consistent. I tried running TCS and I couldn't help but feel it was actually slowing me down, the only corners where I can see it could give you some sort of an advantage were the hairpin and Sunset Bend (Turn 17) and I really don't understand how the top guys that are 2-3 seconds a lap quicker than me while using it are actually doing so.

To be fair, the only guys that are setting top 1% times are JONK and Triton, and in both cases, the reward for beating them is content (racing suits, to be more specific) added via the latest CU. Would be a lot easier to stomach the Bounty Hunters if that was always the case... Or if, at the very least, it was possible to buy and sell the cars awarded for achieving a certain result in the BH could be sold (and thus, bought) on the Auction House.

Absolutely agree with this, for a game that is about “car collection” and caters to the casual racing gamer much more than the real sim racers, and even has a nifty UI interface to smash into your face which cars you are still missing, this bounty hunter reward system makes no sense at all to me.

I honestly don’t mind giving cars months earlier than the casuals to the best racers if they can beat the Turn 10 staff but I personally don’t have the time to even try to beat some of them. For the casual Forza’ers like myself I only hope at some point of the game’s lifespan all those cars that cannot be obtained by normally playing the game at your own pace (this is all the gifted cars from leagues, bounty hunters but also Forzathon and spec dealer) will still be obtainable. The fact that you can’t even get all of them from the auction house is yet another thing that doesn’t make any sense. Who on earth cares for the AH for the vanilla cars? The AH only makes sense for exclusive cars IMO.

Ooh well, we’ll see how it turns out but so far I am absolutely underwhelmed how Turn 10 is doing post-launch events and rewards for Forza 7. Lessons learned for their next release I guess?

Maybe I should just give up the game and not care anymore, I feel like in general I’m starting to grow tired of racing games as a whole. The last couple of months I had a blast playing Assassins Creed Origins (100% completion) and next week Far Cry 5 launches which will be the next big game for me.

Seriously these bounty hunter challenges are awful. This time it’s very frustrating. I’ve given up on exagerated ones like this and just hope you can obtain these cars some other way.

I thought I was fairly decent at Sebring. I had a lot of speed-oriented D-Class cars (like a particularly hilarious Brat) that cleaned up there in FM6.

Yet here I am, struggling to match Mechberg, nevermind the other times. I can't even see where I'm losing the time, which is the most frustrating thing. I'm guessing it's just being rusty; I haven't really done any serious leaderboard hunting in this game, and outside of the Canadian GT Sport event last month, in any racing game. I've probably sunk more time into Battlefront II in the last two months than any of them.

Wondering how long we've got on this, because I need that bus.

I can't even see where I'm losing the time, which is the most frustrating thing.
This is exactly my problem too. I don't see where to get the time, because I think I am driving as fast as I can already. I was able to break 2:09 border to 2:08.500+ and now I am only able to make thing worse.

But I think closer study of zaxs's video can help.

GR1MALIAN has lowered his time to 2:11.105 and ShmooGnu has lowered her time to 2:22.321. The others are still the same. Results as of 03-26

GR1MALIAN has lowered his time to 2:11.105 and ShmooGnu has lowered her time to 2:22.321. The others are still the same. Results as of 03-26
I do want that Scirocco. It was a dream car of mine when I was a teenager. So I gave it another go and got down to 2:09.699. I'm hoping that's enough to stay ahead. Sadly, I won't get the Bus or the Punk Rocker driver gear. I don't have another 4 seconds in me to make sure I get them.

I don't really understand how you can do 2:22s around Sebring in a GT car...

This is exactly my problem too. I don't see where to get the time, because I think I am driving as fast as I can already. I was able to break 2:09 border to 2:08.500+ and now I am only able to make thing worse.

But I think closer study of zaxs's video can help.

I have the same problem... too lazy to study his moves. Just hoping they release the VW Type 2 later on.

Back