March Bounty Hunter: ForzaRC Ladder Challenge

I have the same problem... too lazy to study his moves. Just hoping they release the VW Type 2 later on.
It was supposed to have been released in the Specialty Dealer like the 4th week, (that's a guess, but it was shortly after the release). Anyway, there was a problem, and another car was substituted, and the VW bus has never been released or unlocked. That is until this bounty hunter was announced. I don't think anyone has mentioned what happened, or any correction. I know the VW bus has quite a few fans, but I am not one of them. I'd rather have a Jetta or VW GT car. But, "to each his own". I hope it gets unlocked soon.

So I just did new time improvement, sadly, still not enough...
But I'm think I'm there, on the good way to reach it - if they don't improve it further.

Last time (video in quote) I had great first half of lap, now I had second one, specially last sector, where is so hard to keep lines and good speed with controller without triggering TCS, that destroys momentum:

2:06.665

2:06.831

Until 0:58, my lap was perfect...

Another morning, time to try again.

I hope so it can help to someone.

I originally was going to do just one lap for the Koenigsegg, but after getting a 2:19 and noticing I'm ahead of ShmooGnu's time, I'm going to go for the Mercedes too. Not going to bother beyond that though.

Now I really didn't have some luck, so close this time - both of remaining Bounties are right in front of me now...and gap is very small!

Again, I find myself wondering when does this event end? Turn 10 is really great at announcing these events, but lousy when it comes to telling us the duration or when it ends.

I haven't run a lap for this event yet, I will put in some time this weekend. I'm not the Forza fanatic I once was and am much slower (and older, haha) than I used to be when it was the only game I played back in the FM3/4 era. I'd say I'd be happy just to get the participation ribbon car but that Regera is one difficult car to drive!

This is exactly my problem too. I don't see where to get the time, because I think I am driving as fast as I can already. I was able to break 2:09 border to 2:08.500+ and now I am only able to make thing worse.

But I think closer study of zaxs's video can help.
Those seconds add up just from hitting brake points and apexs perfectly, cutting corners at just the right time. If you watch the fastest guy it probably won’t look much different from your lap but it adds up fast when someone is nailing the throttle much earlier.

6s over 17 corners is only 0.353s loss per corner as a rough guide, not a huge amount, probably the equivalent of you locking the brakes and missing your normal entry, just as your normal entry is like the top guys messing up.

It’s just different levels really, I’m 2.8s off and I can see where I’m losing the time but I sure as hell don’t have the ability to string it all together!

Our ForzaRC Ladder Challenge will close on April 9 and all participants’ final times will be posted no later than April 6. That gives all Forza 7 players a final weekend push to try and improve their times and move up the leaderboards. Good luck!

I can't seem to lower my time below 2:09.566. I have tried over 35 laps and just can't get it any lower. A few times, I can find myself with a blue split time, only to squander it in the later part of the course. It's a shame because I am only .186 away from GR1MALIAN. Hopefully ShmooGnu doesn't lower her time any further. Good Luck to everyone else here!

Got myself down to a 2:05.5 over the weekend, I'm quite pleased with that time so that'll be it.

Got myself down to a 2:05.5 over the weekend, I'm quite pleased with that time so that'll be it.

That Rivals challenge was welcome message to me at yesterday's evening... :)
Congratulations, that's brutal time, I suppose for top 2%, judging on my top 3 with 2:05.9

Sure, but every single one of your car gets painted in an offensive lime green in exchange. :lol:

Hey, I like Lime Green! Can I get in on this? lol

I am just not gonna get there, and I don't feel like banging my head against the wall any more.

I have noticed that the car does behave differently in this mode as opposed to free play. Go to free play, rent the car to ensure it's not tuned and run the lap. I am 3+ seconds faster in free play in the exact same car. It's stupid and frustrating, and all for one car I want to get that I have already paid for, and that I own in real life.

I am offering to buy someone's Maserati FE that everyone got for the full 5.5mil credits if someone will run my lap for me. :)

shame.jpg
:rolleyes:;)

Hey, I like Lime Green! Can I get in on this? lol

I am just not gonna get there, and I don't feel like banging my head against the wall any more.

I have noticed that the car does behave differently in this mode as opposed to free play. Go to free play, rent the car to ensure it's not tuned and run the lap. I am 3+ seconds faster in free play in the exact same car. It's stupid and frustrating, and all for one car I want to get that I have already paid for, and that I own in real life.

I am offering to buy someone's Maserati FE that everyone got for the full 5.5mil credits if someone will run my lap for me. :)
Yeah, why is that? For the Forza RC qualifier, the car handles so much better and it has every assist off.

I Bettered my time last night for the first time in over a week. Still, it's not good enough to pass 'gr1malian', I'm off by 14 thousands of a second. Ugh! Good news is that I am get more blue split times, which let's me know I can beat him. Not gonna give up!!! Good luck to everybody here as well!

I’m feeling pretty safe with my time as it was set shortly after I made the choice to finally turn off ABS, was a 2:05.9 with ABS and after stringing a good lap together with ABS off, I got that down to a 2:05.001.:D

So far JONK and Triton’s times are as of april fools day, 2:06.154 for Triton and 2:06.263 for JONK.

Mechberg, Gr1m and Shmoo are currently on a 2:07.126,2:09.380 and 2:22.321 respectively, but do note April 6th is their cutoff time to lock in a faster lap so expect the times to tumble. :P

My main goal is getting the cars, but I would like to beat Triton again just to convince myself that FM6 Bounty hunter event wasn’t a fluke. :lol:

Triton did 2:05.802 and now is in front of me, I expected that somehow.

Update: meanwhile JONK did 2:06.163 !

Some of you can stop worrying now, but for some, like me, hunt begins again!

Last edited:
Triton did 2:05.802 and now is in front of me, I expected that somehow.

Update: meanwhile JONK did 2:06.163 !

Some of you can stop worrying now, but for some, like me, hunt begins again!
Thanks for the update, my 2.05.770 is safe, I had another 0.5s in there but it would have taken some serious effort or I’d have needed to cut corners/going outside the white lines with more than 2 wheels but I consider that cheating.

I beat GR1MALIAN as it appears he never bested his time. I got down to a 2:09.1xx . I'm a full 2 seconds away from MECHBERG, and even further from the other 2 guys. I am fine with just getting the 2 cars and the participation car. I am not going to waste my time further trying for those guys. Besides, I am so burnt out on Sebring now and that Corvette. I've 780+ more cars to play with! Kudo's to those who bested all 5 !!! :bowdown::gtpflag:

GR1MALIAN is down to 2:09.380
I just did 2:09.323, so I hope that's good enough.

Yes, I am fully aware I said I hate bounty hunters, I just do a clean lap for the participation prize and then walk away.

But I really want that Corrado.

And I still hate bounty hunters.

Cannot for the life of me do better than 2:08.371!

Won't even get close to the 2:05.802 set by the top target guy. :yuck: :mischievous:

Back