United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
Welcome to:

March Car of the Month

Featuring:

Lamborghini Gallardo

16407390120_4eece49da2_c.jpg

A little different flavor this month as we tackle the "Raging Bull"! In GT5 this car was flat out awesome, but the new physics leave it a bit harder to get it just right. Still, when you get it where you want it, you should be more than happy with the result. My 550pp tune was only a tenth slower than my Saleen S7 at Ascari. What can you do with it? 550pp, 600pp, more.....??? Let the tuning and fun begin!

Suggested by @ImToLegitToQuit

i guess i have to put my car up now :cheers: don't abuse her and she will make you :eek: when you times come in. Plus they aren't cheap to fix, i know that personally lol. ours dropped a piston and it was 12K in parts and 12K in labor. Who knew it had diamond pistons right ?

It is fast. Very fast at big tracks like Spa. It takes a bit of figuring out to get it to behave but learn it/tame it and you will be rewarded. You can't late brake it so don't try, you will be disappointed lol. In fact, brake early until you start to learn the limits of it. It beat my other 600pp cars when it ran a 1:56.0 at the Ring GP/F but it blew away the other cars at Spa and Big Willow where there's more room for acceleration. It has a bit of a learning curve but if you learn it I promise you you will be beating just about every other street car out there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ew-600pp-gallardo-update.304585/#post-9926517

I can't wait to Tune this one. I like Lambo's and have a couple of tunes somewhere in the back of the garage, it's a little dark :nervous: behind the beer,tunes and the dust (cough,cough) :D :lol: but I'll find'em and dust it off and post it,if I make it back. :scared: :lol:

Nice, Gallardo :) I have 2 replica of road cars posted long ago, 530PS and 570PS version.

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera Best Motoring Replica
Real World Setup

Tuned to replicate Gallardo SL featured in Best Motoring
Nissan GTR vs The World Battle at Motegi and Tsukuba
Comfort Soft

CAR : Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 '08
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - Official Weight
Horsepower: 523 HP / 530 PS at 7200 RPM
Torque : 398.5 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.8%
Weight: 1330 kg
Ballast : 47 kg
Ballast Position : 23
Weight Distribution : 43 / 57 as the real car spec.
Performance Points: 544

Specs - Tested Weight
Horsepower: 523 HP / 530 PS at 7200 RPM
Torque : 398.5 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 94.8%
Weight: 1389 kg
Ballast : 106 kg
Ballast Position : 14
Performance Points: 540

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size RAYS 57Extreme or OZ Racing Ultraleggera or OZ Racing Superfogiata or RAYS 57XV in Dark Gray or Black
Aero : Custom Wing Type B
Car Paint : Black or Nero Noctis, Green, Yellow or White

Tuning Parts Installed :
Fully Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - Factory Springs and Bilstein Damper with Factory Alignment Range
Base

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 120 120
Spring Rate: 9.00 10.40
Dampers (Compression): 6 9
Dampers (Extension): 5 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 0.4 1.2
Toe Angle: 0.03 0.06 or 0.06 0.12

Low Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.7 1.3

Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.8 1.5

Suspension - Factory Springs and Bilstein Damper with Aggressive Track
Alignment Range - High Camber - Technical/Twisty Low Speed Track

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 88 88
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1
Camber Angle: 2.7 2.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

Alignment Range - High Camber - Medium Speed Track

Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2

Alignment Range - High Camber - High Speed Track

Front, Rear

LSD - 2 way Lamborghini Viscous Traction System Rear LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 27
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 28

AERO
Rear : 20

Brake Balance:
8/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera Best Motoring replica was made a few months ago, and it layed dormant in my garage, gathering dust after some laps at Motegi :lol:
The Gallardo Superleggera was featured on Best Motoring video as one of the closest contender
to the newly released Nissan GTR. It was driven at slalom test track, 400m drag and Tsukuba Time Attack and race at Tsukuba + Motegi against Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche GT3 RS, Honda NSX-R, Lotus Exige, Lamborghini Murcielago and a few others. The main drivers of the Gallardo SL are Naoki Hattori and Keiichi Tsuchiya.

The Gallardo SL has 530PS or 523HP, with extensive carbon fibre lighweight body parts, tipping the scale at official figure of 1330kg and 43/57 weight distribution. The Best Motoring video listed the Gallardo SL with 2.62kg/PS when tested, which means it has actual weight of 1389kg on the scale ( presumably with the driver or fully fueled ). I have provided both weight figure, 1330kg and 1389kg.

I used 2008 Gallardo SL factory spring rate for the suspension, at the front : 9.0 Kg/mm (504lb/in) and rear: 10.4 Kg/mm (582lb/in). I have set the damper and ARB to give slight trait of understeer but still have excellent balance from mid corner to exit, to reflect real life professional review of the car, a combination of Best Motoring's Hattori-san and Tsuchiya-san impression and Alain Prost's review in a magazie test. Here is a quote from an article :

I have used factory range alignment on camber and toe, this is mild setup aimed for balance on the street and track, giving even wear. There are 3 preset camber with 2 choices of toe level. The Gallardo SL has 2 way rear LSD with 25% lock on acceleration and 40% lock on coast/overrun, while the front is open based on information gathered so far. The VT ( Viscous Tracion ) system under normal driving conditions provide 15% power up front and 85% rear, while under extreme/optimum conditions, the system sends up to 30% power to the front wheels when needed. I have set the GT6 LSD to reflect this, with initial torque set to provide unique locking transition giving around 40-45% lock overall. The LSD gives excellent traction and response to throttle, drive like a one would drive a Gallardo in real life would, be smooth and make use of the AWD system, a good throttle play will give slight oversteer on exit and neutral mid corner, heavy foot won't do :P

The Gallardo SL 530PS BM replica was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Motegi Road Course, and Red Bull Ring. The real life record at Tsukuba driven by Keiichi Tsuchiya was 1:01.599 during a time attack session, while at Motegi Road Course, the best time during the race ( traffic condition - finished 3rd ) was low 2:12s, also driven by Tsuchiya. The Gallardo SL replica is capable of 1:00.8xxs at Tsukuba when tested ( 1st lap ), with low 14s 1st sector and flat 33s last sector, while at Motegi Road Course, it can easily do 2:08s ( using low camber, 1330kg weight ) At Red Bull Ring, the Gallardo SL is capable of 1:39s lap time with aggressive track alignment- high camber medium speed track setup and yellow chassis / deteriorated body :eek:

I have provided a replay below of the run at Tsukuba, lap time at 1:00.8xxs and Red Bull Ring with aggresive high camber medium speed setup - yellow chassis at 1:39s, enjoy.

I recommend to drive with 1330kg + low camber or try the 1389kg + aggressive track high camber medium speed setup at Red Bull Ring

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera SP Engineering LP570-4 Replica
Real World Setup

Tuned to replicate Gallardo SL LP570-4 with SP Engineering Coilover
Twin Ring Motegi Best Motoring Lap Record
Comfort Soft

CAR : Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 '08
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs - Official Dry Weight
Horsepower: 562 HP / 570 PS at 8200 RPM
Torque : 398.5 ft-lb at 6700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.3%
Weight: 1340 kg
Ballast : 57 kg
Ballast Position : 20
Performance Points: 552

Specs - Tested Curb Weight / Car & Driver + Best Motoring
Horsepower: 562 HP / 570 PS at 8200 RPM
Torque : 398.5 ft-lb at 6700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.3%
Weight: 1558 kg
Ballast : 148 kg
Ballast Position : 11
Performance Points: 539

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED )
Wheels : Stock or Standard Size ENKEI RP03-TypeRC or
RAYS 57Extreme or OZ Racing Ultraleggera or OZ Racing Superfogiata or RAYS 57XV in Dark Gray or Black
Aero : Custom Wing Type B
Car Paint : Verde Ithaca, Black or Nero Noctis, Green, Yellow or White

Tuning Parts Installed :
Catalytic Converter Sports
Fully Customizable Suspension
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1 ( Official Dry Weight ONLY ) - Remove for Curb Weight

BASE - HIGHLY Recommended
Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit - SWIFT Springs with Factory Alignment Range
Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Spring Rate: 10.30 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 8
Camber Angle: 0.8 1.5

Alternative Options :

Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit with - SWIFT Springs Factory Alignment Range
Base

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.4 1.2

Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit - SWIFT Springs with Factory Alignment Range
Low Camber

Front, Rear

Camber Angle: 0.7 1.3

TESTED AT TWIN RING MOTEGI ROAD COURSE, HIGH SPEED RING & RED BULL RING
Suspension - SP Engineering Coilover Kit - SWIFT Springs with Aggressive Track
Alignment Range - High Camber - Technical/Twisty Low Speed Track

Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 2 1

Alignment Range - High Camber - Medium Speed Track

Front, Rear

Anti-Roll Bars: 3 2

Alignment Range - High Camber - High Speed Track

Front, Rear

LSD - 2 way Lamborghini Viscous Traction System Rear LSD

Front
Initial Torque : 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 5
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Rear
Initial Torque : 27
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 28

AERO
Rear : 20

Brake Balance:
8/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 6/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

The Gallardo SL LP570-4 has 570PS or 562HP, with extensive carbon fibre lighweight body parts, tipping the scale at official dry weight figure of 1340kg and 43/57 weight distribution. The Best Motoring lap with the car based on the info gathered has curb / test weight at 1558 kg, similar to Car & Driver test weight.

I used SP Engineering Coilover Kit with Swift Springs, spring rate for the suspension at the front : 10.30 Kg/mm (576.8lb/in) and rear: 12.00 Kg/mm (672lb/in). I have set the damper and ARB to give slight trait of understeer but still have excellent balance from mid corner to exit, to reflect real life professional review of the car, a combination of Best Motoring's Hattori-san and Tsuchiya-san impression and Alain Prost's review in a magazine test.

I have used factory range alignment on camber and toe, this is mild setup aimed for balance on the street and track, giving even wear. There are 3 preset camber with 2 choices of toe level. The Gallardo SL has 2 way rear LSD with 25% lock on acceleration and 40% lock on coast/overrun, while the front is open based on information gathered so far. The VT ( Viscous Tracion ) system under normal driving conditions provide 15% power up front and 85% rear, while under extreme/optimum conditions, the system sends up to 30% power to the front wheels when needed. I have set the GT6 LSD to reflect this, with initial torque set to provide unique locking transition giving around 40-45% lock overall. The LSD gives excellent traction and response to throttle, drive like a one would drive a Gallardo in real life would, be smooth and make use of the AWD system, a good throttle play will give slight oversteer on exit and neutral mid corner, heavy foot won't do :P

The Gallardo SL LP570-4 570PS SP Engineering replica was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Motegi Road Course, Willow Springs and Red Bull Ring. The real life record at Motegi Road Course is 2:08.657. I have tested the car extensively on 1558kg and medium camber. The car managed 2:07.3s at Twin Ring Motegi and 1:25.1s at Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

I have provided replays below of the run at Willow Springs and Twin Ring Motegi, enjoy.

I recommend to drive with 1558kg + medium camber or try the 1558kg + aggressive track high camber low speed setup at Twin Ring Motegi

The Reiter GT3 will need revisit, I'll post the new update when the car is ready :D

Here are two tunes. I will be working on a special Lambo Gallardo tune for this months thread too.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (550PP SS) Link here

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (550PP SM)
Link here

lambogallardo-jpg.130314

For the SM version, take into account the below information.

"This tune is capable of 1.26s every lap on Apricot Hill. Very fast by all accounts. Try and push too hard and it will understeer however. Throttle control is a must to get the most out of this thing. If you want to drive this fun in a fun way, pretend your Justin Bieber on drugs in South Beach, Miami and drive it like you've got the cops on your tail. That'll make the Seasonal spec race fun!"

Last edited:
Review from @cbarbosa for the 550PP SS version.

Sports Soft Version:

IA License WTCC 550PP (600PP) Mount Panorama Winner! 👍

Fastest Lap: 2:09:4xx
Like @@shaunm80 said, despite being an "old" version tune, it seems it has survived threw these days, I mean versions of the game...

Decided to do a "drive it like you stole it" test on extreme conditions against some above average opponents, GT2, on MPanorama...

Review and driving sensations:
  • Excellent top speed - even while drafting, it takes a while before the rev meter goes maxed and with FG changes it can go easly 320kmh... 👍
  • Huge grip and stability - The rear is planted (on SS tested so far), no oversteer even on low gears acceleration. On driving in the edge, the throttle can be mashed hard and the rear stays there... Almost feels like it has FFloor, but it doesn't... :sly: But have to say the 4WD system helps a tiny bit...
  • Gearbox - very competitive and with close ratios - keeps the car on the right revs...
  • Behaviour on cornering (fast and slow) - decided to had this, because of something funny... On the exact same corner, a hint of understeer appeared, making the car swerve out of the apex, trying to hit the wall... Bellow, on the map is the corner noticed (between Frog Hollow and Sulman Park (uphill)):
Spoiler: Please click

upload_2015-3-1_16-1-41-png.319668

• Cornering ability/capability - High. Because of the 4WD, a bit of desacceleration is needed to keep the front on the inside of the corner for early accelereration.
  • Suspension - extremely well balanced and managed to adapted to MP bumps very nicely;
  • Braking - Very good, but be aware, it's not infinite...
Overall: Despite having done a small review a while ago, to me, the car feels a bit better, gonna risk saying maybe the hidden physic changes affect this ride... If not, still a great car, a GT version in disguise... :lol:

Last edited:
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Drift Setup)

Something different for you all. I don't recall a drift tune being submitted here so I thought id buck the trend and post one for anyone brave enough to test it. This car can still be used on the Non-Racing Car Drift Event until the 5/3/15 in the seasonal events if you want to test this one out :)

Link here

autumn-ring_1-jpg.320022

autumn-ring_2-jpg.320023

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Drift Setup)

Something different for you all. I don't recall a drift tune being submitted here so I thought id buck the trend and post one for anyone brave enough to test it. This car can still be used on the Non-Racing Car Drift Event until the 5/3/15 in the seasonal events if you want to test this one out :)

Link here

autumn-ring_1-jpg.320022

autumn-ring_2-jpg.320023

I'll have to try this, a Lambo that drifts. :odd: 👍

I'm gonna join this fray I've got a Avadentor tune that should port over well for drifting and I've got mostly done 600ish PP on SM that I've been working on. With the house well I can actually play again yay!

buhahaha I actually got one in here before the end of the second week of the month!
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
This is a general track tune. at 600PP. My drift tune is umm gone I accidentally deleted it when I was 2/3 asleep this morning so I'm going to have to rebuild it.
You mean you and me can't have a drift off yet? and I put @LordJCS on stand by for this momentus occasion. Never mind.. :)

You mean you and me can't have a drift off yet? and I put @LordJCS on stand by for this momentus occasion. Never mind.. :)
I had a good drift tune too.(good for me) its sad. I went to finish the track tune this morning and acdently used the drift page cause I forgot to mark which was which. :(
I mostly recall the settings so in thoery I can have it redone today. just have to sideline my Dino again. :ouch:

I had a good drift tune too.(good for me) its sad. I went to finish the track tune this morning and acdently used the drift page cause I forgot to mark which was which. :(
I mostly recall the settings so in thoery I can have it redone today. just have to sideline my Dino again. :ouch:
What Dino are you working on? A velocorapter, Doyouthinkhesaurus or the triceratops?

Back