Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson Hot Lap @ Willow Springs

TURN IT OFF THEN!!

You don't get it, if you told a racing driver "we have this feature, we know you hate it but it will make you 2-3 seconds faster instantly" then he would have to take it. if everybody else is using it you have to use it if you want to be competitive, it needs to be forced off so that everybody is on an even playing field. That is my issue with all these events, by allowing SRF in an online leaderboard event you're forcing people to use it. The best driver in the world will get outclassed by an average player with SRF because it simply adds that much performance to the car.

But like I said in my first post, I'm not going to bother with the leaderboards, and I'm not going to use SRF in the other events. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it, I certaintly didn't expect to see posts defending it, least not from someone who does real life racing (Spurgy).

I've won a few hotlap competitions at Simraceway and many many top 10 from driving clean fast laps, where if drivers with faster times had even a sniff of 3 wheels over the white line would be DSQ (and that means up on the curbs over the white line, not on the grass/dirt because they would simply lose grip/spin off), the staff would individually check each lap. GT6 has the possibility of running a quality hotlap event, but instead we get this SRF ridden half offroad bollox.

Last edited:
I'll defend it too, because it allows everyone a fair chance to at least complete the event such as young (under 10) kids or adults who just don't get time to practise at perfecting their skills. Not everyone cares about leaderboards, to me they are a total irelevance. But one thing I do know - if there was a part of the game that I felt was ruined for me (there's several actualy) I wouldn't be making a scene about it or feel a need to complain because I would remember that there are hundreds of other events available and an infinate amount on the online mode that I have full control of.

Hello,

After reading the thread, I tried to see the real difference on or off the SRF.

Last night I did the event with SRF=OFF,
some trial and my time was 1:29.889 = 614tr (online leaderboards) is time the morning.

But after the read the thread, and see the issues raised by expensive enthusiasts,
I decided to make a few more attempts with SRF=ON.

Now my time is 1:27.683 = 70tr (online leaderboards) and lowering.

With SRF for me the track was bigger,
I could be more aggressive cornering and the car continue constantly same off the track.
but I know that something unreal.

Agree with, @Bigbazz. Because when I see this, loses the purpose of a simulation game,
What is? we approximate the maximum possible of a real drivability.

I think SRF is a very good resource,
but not to be released in seasonal events,
where the idea and let the competition equal for all.

Cheers,
GRANKUSTOM

Last edited:
I'll defend it too, because it allows everyone a fair chance to at least complete the event such as young (under 10) kids or adults who just don't get time to practise at perfecting their skills.

If this is was one of the reasons they allow it, they could easily lower the gold time by 2 or 3 seconds and it would have the same effect. ;)

The easiest way to address this topic are Leader Boards with configurable filters.
This way standings can be quickly organized by aids/lack of aids used...
...for those to whom it is important.

MyGranTurismo.net's GT5 leader boards provide this for events once they have closed.
It would be nice to see a filterable GT6 leader board for current and past events.

...that might be a good thread topic for participants of this discussion to create...

Last edited:
Guys, how do you get the gold on it? Can you upgrade the car the you got (i beat the bronze) or change some things to get the handling better? I always end up having 1.40ish.

Guys, how do you get the gold on it? Can you upgrade the car the you got (i beat the bronze) or change some things to get the handling better? I always end up having 1.40ish.

Make sure you have skid recovery force on in the drivings aids, switch TC off, make sure you come out of all corners in 2nd gear unless you're going less that 35mph, and shift from 2nd to 3rd at 60mph. Other than that just keep practicing and try to drive smoothly. Also remember mistakes loose you more time than sacrificing a little bit of speed, so if you keep messing up a corner, try taking it a little slower and gradually build up more speed.

Entry into the esses was the key for me, then braking for the cones just before the long right hander. If you get the right entry you can go flat out thru the esses and gain a couple secs right there. Same with that coned left-right.

This game so far is like the real SRF driving simulator. I like the way on driving licence tests, they give you tips about how to drive the car but then they have SRF enabled where key is to overdrive enough to get the extra bit off performance. So far I learned a lot of how to get the most out of the driving aid, I was hoping license tests would have helped in how to get maximum without it personally. What is the point of rewarding overdriving. Will give these TT's ago closer to end date as I'm still doing a lot of career as I didn't play game for a week so got some catching up to do on that front.

I am at a 1:28.6 now with a DS3. My strategy is follow the same line as the leaders (who have steering wheels), just slower. Once you are comfortable with each turn, speed up a little and repeat until you can't go any faster through the turn.

I got a 1:32.538 with no SRF, T/C or ABS.

Definitely need to shift early and be verrrrrry gentle with the brakes as it locks up so easily without ABS. The key to getting gold was the last corner for me, once I got a good exit on that I dropped a good .5 of a second and under the gold time.

Personally I'm not a fan of SRF, and if PD keep on using it on their TT's the simple answer would be to have a filter for SRF, so we can see leaderboards with and without.

I love SRF because it makes so many people on here upset. I hope PD keep bringing on the SRF just to make you muppets unhappy, it's bringing joy to my life!!!!!! :D

I don't appreciate being called a muppet just because I use SRF in order to be competitive with the rest of the board. Yes, I get upset at the aid, but that doesn't make me a muppet.

Goddamn I hated this one, and I don't say that often. After yelling and raging, I finally got 1.32.820. Did it really need to be this difficult?

Did it start you off in 3rd gear? And are you still able to change gear doing other things, like A spec races and stuff?
No, it starts in 1st gear, but very rapidly shifts up to 3rd.
I haven't had time to try the car outside the seasonal event, so I don't know, but I suspect it is a glitch online. Gone away for the holidays too, so no playing for a couple of weeks!

At least I was taught a valuable lesson in maintaining speed through corners...

Happy holidays!

I don't appreciate being called a muppet just because I use SRF in order to be competitive with the rest of the board. Yes, I get upset at the aid, but that doesn't make me a muppet.

Don't worry chief, it was not aimed at anyone who likes to use what ever options are available to them in the game! Good on you for saying you use it when so many (definatley NOT me though!!) frown upon it. My moto as far as games go? You paid for it, you use it however you see fit! :-)

Back