Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson Hot Lap @ Willow Springs

This thing is making me tear my hair out... I cannot do the 2nd corner anywhere near as fast as my friends can for some reason. Every time I try and do it the car runs very wide so I have to go slow, and either way I lose out. I've only managed silver so far (around 1:35 ish)

worst car in the history of any gt game. looks like junk and drives like junk. then again mario andretti is about as overrated as a driver as there ever has been

worst car in the history of any gt game. looks like junk and drives like junk. then again mario andretti is about as overrated as a driver as there ever has been

Seems this car was set for the road even before putting a bonnet cover!

This thing is making me tear my hair out... I cannot do the 2nd corner anywhere near as fast as my friends can for some reason. Every time I try and do it the car runs very wide so I have to go slow, and either way I lose out. I've only managed silver so far (around 1:35 ish)

Since this car can't go that fast, it's not that tough to handle. Keep trying. As soon as I golded this event, I decided that driving this 'CAR' is enough.

Just like other TT's, You've to take risks. For further convenience, switch on the racing line!

1.27.453 (DS3)

Here is one advice i have not yet seen here:

Build up speed for the starting line by taking the tight righthander leading up to it as wide as possible. You can actually go a carlength or so outside the cones to the left without being redlapped. This Means you shouldn't run consecutive laps as the FASTEST way through that corner is much tighter.

I did gold by shifting earlier and not running it to redline. I guess the torgue is enough to pull it faster midrange. That was certainly lots of fun to make a big old car work like that. Although the 15 Ann 2nd race was great fun in the Daytona, I could not get gold until I switched to the Audi rally car. And HAD A BLAST !!! Got gold my first lap....that I could keep it on the track. lol

Since this car can't go that fast, it's not that tough to handle. Keep trying. As soon as I golded this event, I decided that driving this 'CAR' is enough.

Just like other TT's, You've to take risks. For further convenience, switch on the racing line!
Thanks! Tried it with the racing line and golded it straight away :D

I remember shifting early, really early helped a lot. I want to say at 6000RPM? Like Stotty mentioned, SRF is a real shame. There needs to be separate leaderboards, or just remove the SRF all together. SRF, the Need For Speed Simulator!

Jerome

I had a good 2 hour go on this, this afternoon! I'm with everyone else on the SRF issue, but I'll use it to still get up the leaderboards I guess until something changes. You still have to drive this car so so smooth to get really really top times, I'm still miles off rank 1 and can definitely see how to do it, but not sure I have the patience with SRF and other things, but still some skillful smooth driving in there!

Here's a video of it at least anyway if anyone was interested in lines/throttle/brake etc. As this got me rank 4 at the time? 1:26.506

I had a good 2 hour go on this, this afternoon! I'm with everyone else on the SRF issue, but I'll use it to still get up the leaderboards I guess until something changes. You still have to drive this car so so smooth to get really really top times, I'm still miles off rank 1 and can definitely see how to do it, but not sure I have the patience with SRF and other things, but still some skillful smooth driving in there!

Here's a video of it at least anyway if anyone was interested in lines/throttle/brake etc. As this got me rank 4 at the time? 1:26.506

Can't believe you didn't get penalized for killing that one cone Tidg. :lol: Great lap though and thanks for taking the time to post it. 👍 :cheers:

I did got gold time with SRF about two weeks ago, I'll test without this one now if I got gold time or not. Oh, Here's my record is 1:32:8XX without SRF.

This challenge has been driving me nuts. I must have done 30 laps at around 1:33.5. I'm going to study this thread and see what I can learn.

I feel dirty, but just turned SRF on and got an instant 1:32.1 👍

I feel like I've spent far too much time on this challenge now to dwell on the guilt. On to the next thing... ;)

I felt just the same when I did mine :lol:
Don't forget to turn SRF back off now :D

Can't believe you didn't get penalized for killing that one cone Tidg. :lol: Great lap though and thanks for taking the time to post it. 👍 :cheers:

Haha cheers :), I did wonder whether I would or not in previous attempts so after finding out it literally was track limits there was no question then haha :D!

Nice TT to learn a new track. The last sector for me is losing too much time, but will settle with a 1:27.7(something)

Nice to see a huge turnout on the TT, I think it was approaching 1million

rhpamman82

I love this Hudson :) Got 1:31.1xx with no aids - no SRF :D

Scratch that : 1:30.748 - 2nd fastest on my friend list with no SRF, no1 without SRF and aids.

I'll see if I can beat 1:30.500 done with ABS1 by a friend.

EDIT : Damn, just red lapped a 1:30.1xx :banghead:

:) Finally nailed a clean great lap : 1:30.250 :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I looked and only had the ABS 1 on, so I turned that off and I guess have been driving all the time with the SRF off. I don't remember turning it off, so I thought I had it on and was trying to figure out how you guys could keep it on the tracks when it was so borderline with it on. I can't get the times you guys usually get, but at least I am close and also running no aids so I don't suck quite as bad as I thought I did.

I can't get any better than 1:35 on this race after many tries. Can one of you expert drivers post your lap on here so I can get some pointers? Thank you!

I can't get any better than 1:35 on this race after many tries. Can one of you expert drivers post your lap on here so I can get some pointers? Thank you!

This is probably the fastest lap you will see uploaded;

And I'll copy and paste my previous advice :D

Make sure you have skid recovery force on in the drivings aids, switch TC off, make sure you come out of all corners in 2nd gear unless you're going less that 35mph, and shift from 2nd to 3rd at 60mph. Other than that just keep practicing and try to drive smoothly. Also remember mistakes loose you more time than sacrificing a little bit of speed, so if you keep messing up a corner, try taking it a little slower and gradually build up more speed.

If anyone interested I can attach my best lap replay so it can be used as a ghost line or just to learn :) It's done without any aids ( no ABS ) and no SRF at 1:30.250

I'm currently sitting at #431 with 1:28.196. I have red lapped a high 1:27 though. Following the 1st guy's ghost really helped.

EDIT: 1:27.788 at #265.

Last edited:
Back