Martial Artists

• Thread starter oosacker
  • 249 comments
As far as I know, there are no threads focusing on the martial arts... but there are definitely some martial artists out there... what's your background?

I'm a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo - training for my 3rd degree - and a 1st degree black belt in Kenpo. I also know a bit of Brazilian jujitsu.

This thread is just for general discussion on the martial arts - feel free to post pics and videos if you want.

I'm about even with you, mPWRD. I have a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do and a 1st degree in Tae Kwon Do.
I haven't taken karate classes myself in a while, but I do teach some kids karate classes on the side.

I practice, Sanda/Sanshou its Chinese kickboxing, we also do grappling and submissions (Kind off like MMA). Its pretty alround thats why I like it :). Also been to China 2years ago, to train there for a month 3times a day, wich was really cool.

Now that's cool. I've been interested in visiting the Shaolin mission, maybe get a few tips, but I've heard it's kinda morphed into a type of show and demonstration-based institution... is that true? Either way, I love my studio. It's like my second family.

Edit (to avoid double post): I had the opportunity to train with David Kovar today... he is one hell of a teacher. Some of the drills and self-defense moves he did today were absolutely amazing. If you ever get the chance to attend one of his classes, DO IT.
This guy: *linky*

Last edited:
I've trained Kyukishin Karate for 7 years (started when I was 7 and quit when I was 14) and I'm planning to train MMA next year after I gain a few pounds.
Planning to go to heavy-weight.

Most MMA gyms are stupid. Unless you just want to beat the crap out of someone, a discrete martial arts discipline is more rewarding.

Back