• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 40 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
17513393502_b4cc580b56_o.png

• Q: When do you race?
  • A: Sundays at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EDT / 4:00pm UTC (room opens at this time)
  • Q: How long are the races?
  • A: Practice is 30 minutes, then 12 minutes of qualifying, followed by two 25 minute races.
  • Q: Do we have to make a pit stop?
  • A: No pit stops are required.
  • Q: Standing start or rolling start?
  • A: All races begin with a rolling start after 1 warm up lap @ 50mph (80kph)
  • Q: Is there a safety car or safety car periods?
  • A: One may be used for the warm up lap, but not during the race.
  • Q: What are the damage, slipstream and tire/fuel consumption settings?
  • A: Damage is on heavy, slipstream on Real, T/F consumption on Normal.
  • Q: What will the time settings be?
  • A: Time is set for best lighting on circuits that allow adjustment.
  • Q: What will the weather settings be?
  • A: Weather will reflect the actual weather at the real life circuit for that given day.
  • Q: What tires are being used?
  • A: All cars will use Racing Hard tires.
RACE FORMAT
The races will be run without pit stops.
  • Free practice: 1 x 30 minutes
  • Qualifying: 1 x 12 minutes
  • Race 1: 25 minutes
  • Race 2: 25 minutes
Starting grid
  • Race 1: based on Qualifying (P1 -> P16)
  • Race 2: based on Race 1 results with the first 8 positions inverted.
Weight handicap

The top three drivers at the end of each race will be attributed a weight handicap:
  • 1st place: 50kg
  • 2nd place: 30kg
  • 3rd place: 10kg
Ballast weight does not accumulate and will be removed if a driver finishes outside the top 3.

CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES
The following titles will be awarded at the end of the season:
  • Overall Trofeo
  • Single Driver Cup
  • Twin Drivers Cup
  • Pole Position Award
Overall Trofeo - Open to all drivers, overall championship winner.

Single Driver Cup - Only for full time drivers that participate in every event.

Twin Drivers Cup - Only for teams with more than one driver. This should be used for drivers who cannot participate in every event, and will use a backup driver in their place for those missed events. The combined results from both part-time drivers gives them a chance to win a championship while being unable to attend every event.

Pole Position Award - issued to the single driver with the most pole positions. (excluding reverse grid)
17515401301_c50ea2eca0_o.png
schedule_V2.png
specs_2.png

Please click HERE to make sure your number/color selection is available before registering.

After checking availability, you can submit your registration by clicking on the graphic below:

Race results and championship standings can be found HERE.

Last edited:
Are the wheels required to be black/grey? The livery I use has colored wheels.

Are the wheels required to be black/grey? The livery I use has colored wheels.
I may allow it as long as it's not over the top, although the real series uses mostly black. (I have seen a gunmetal here or there) I assume they are supplied by Maserati in a single color.

I may allow it, although the real series uses mostly black. (I have seen a gunmetal here or there) I assume they are supplied by Maserati in a single color.
Well real series also allow you to actually put a livery on your car. :lol: Mandating stuff like black/grey wheels may turn off interest, some people don't like pointless restrictions as such. I'll see if I can join this, but my schedule will be awfully turbulent in the coming months.

Well real series also allow you to actually put a livery on your car. :lol: Mandating stuff like black/grey wheels may turn off interest, some people don't like pointless restrictions as such. I'll see if I can join this, but my schedule will be awfully turbulent in the coming months.
Again, I may allow it as long as the colors are not super crazy.

If you can't run full time, find someone to team up with you that can run the races that you miss, then enter the Twin Drivers Cup. I put a small twist on what the real series actually runs, hoping it would draw in interest for people that can't attend every event.

Must I find a teammate or will it be okay to just inform you when I'll have to miss some rounds? My livery is metallic beige with orange wheels.

---------

@trobes29 @BRRT_Angel does this look interesting at all? I think it has potential.

Must I find a teammate or will it be okay to just inform you when I'll have to miss some rounds? My livery is metallic beige with orange wheels.
Definitely let me know when you are going to miss a race, but you can find someone to take your place during that missed weekend. If it happens more than once, it will have to be the same driver every time though.

---------

@trobes29 @BRRT_Angel does this look interesting at all? I think it has potential.
Not interested. Don't like the Maserati. Series is organized pretty well so props for that.

adelaide timezone (+9.30, makes everything harder +9.30 does)
Ah yeah, sorry. It's hard to make race times start where everyone around the world can participate. Unfortunately that usually means Australia gets left out since Europe has greater participation numbers.

Specs graphic updated to reflect the open color choice for wheels.

Just one registered so far, if you know anyone that would be interested send them our way. 👍

@Whitetail I might be able to sub for you if you can't make a round, providing that you give me some advanced notice so that I can get some practice in. Overall, though I'm not too interested. The series looks good, but I'm avoiding racing in more than one series right now.

For anyone that is unsure, next weekend we'll have an official open practice room with maybe some short 5 lap races so everyone can get a good feel for what to expect.

I suspect a few others will do that same. Attendance isn't required, as long as everyone knows the race start procedure.

I'm going to make a couple changes to the schedule tonight when I get home, here are the highlights:
  • The introduction day/practice at Monza will not happen due to the Indy 500. The pre-season race at Nurb GP/F is still on. I will make 1 bonus point available to all drivers that participate that day.
  • The Red Bull Ring race and all races after will be shifted back one week due to the Le Mans 24hr.
I will also be arranging a prize pack available to all of the championship winners, although they will only be made available if we maintain a minimum number of participants through the season.

Back