Massive Changes Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in Response to Fan Feedback

• Thread starter R3V
  • 622 comments
@Samus: That was 2017, prices skyrocketed since then:
Ah but you see it's LISTED at that price, it hasn't sold as far as I can see. You can list a Ford Focus at $20M if you want, doesn't mean it's worth that and will sell for that.

The valuation by Hagerty does seem a little on the low side but I doubt it was anything to do with PD feeling generous. Everything else they've listed since then has been in line with real life, give or take.

@Samus: That was 2017, prices skyrocketed since then:
That particular car only has 489 miles and it was only listed at that price, it wasn't sold at that price nor has it been sold since I see no follow up anywhere.

Seeing how coming feedback has an effect in developer's choices i'm sad that such an important feature like the track creator doesn't get asked or talked about! It would massively improve the longevity of the game! We could have limitless variations of tracks so the game will never feel like you repeating the same tracks over and over! Tied with the community features, being able to share, rate, comment on tracks people created etc... And just the fact that you always try to learn a new track is something we really missing imo!
I know it's quite the opposite but I would just love if they would give us a little gift like more classic tracks like Midfield, Apricot, Red Rock Valley or maybe some public road types like Rome for example. i'm dying to see what they would look like in GT7 🤩

Last edited:
I know it's quite the opposite but I would just love if they would give us a little gift like more classic tracks like Midfield, Apricot, Red Rock Valley or maybe some public road types like Rome for example. i'm dying to see what they would look like in GT7 🤩
Yeah same 😃 especially seeing how beautiful Trial mountain was made!! With GT7 they've showed that they focused on bringing a lot of classic GT things back cause they know people love them so i believe there is a big chance we might see a lot more!!

It's not limited, in my opinion. It doesn't even make any sense opening GT7 when offline/updating. That's a petty. Not illogical but still a horrible idea.

Last edited:
Hard disagree - they need to concentrate more on content. Apart form the issue with update whateveritwas I've had no issues with playing the game
Not even when the servers were down for more than 30 hours? It's not just about putting more content, but also solving all the problems, including preventing it from being unplayable once the servers are closed

Thats not going to happen, i think its waste of time, that time is better spent fixing the game and add new content, and offline can be added before the gt8 arrives, right now the focus should be for new content
What really is a waste of time and money is BUYING THE GAME, because as I said without the Internet you can't do ANYTHING, besides there is also the fact that they say they are going to launch said patch and let it die, besides I think YES what you say will not happen will happen

Not even when the servers were down for more than 30 hours? It's not just about putting more content, but also solving all the problems, including preventing it from being unplayable once the servers are closed

What really is a waste of time and money is BUYING THE GAME, because as I said without the Internet you can't do ANYTHING, besides there is also the fact that they say they are going to launch said patch and let it die, besides I think YES what you say will not happen will happen

Western / 1st world society is expected to be 'always on' with the internet as we have smartphones and can be reached nearly anywhere and anytime. Current gen games now follow that same way of life, but for data havesting and user analystics.

Western / 1st world society is expected to be 'always on' with the internet as we have smartphones and can be reached nearly anywhere and anytime. Current gen games now follow that same way of life, but for data havesting and user analystics.
The only thing they will achieve is that when the servers close, it will be unplayable and it will only be a coaster, and if in 20 years I want to play it again, then I won't be able to

The only thing they will achieve is that when the servers close, it will be unplayable and it will only be a coaster, and if in 20 years I want to play it again, then I won't be able to

In 20 years time you'll be playing GT11 complaining about it's "always connected to your consciousness" requirement. It will also have direct access to your bank account and will just take your money anytime you buy a car or tyres or anything.

Graphics will be amazing though.

Graphics will be amazing though.
That's how humans get roped into things they don't need, we fall for aesthetics, the more attractive something is, the more we try to tolerate the faults/flaws that comes with it.

Or like a moth to a flame, it's not good for them but they can't help themselves ...

This is why I always suspect Sony/PD will use GT as a glittering showcase and not as an on-going platform to become respected or matured driving simulator.

Last edited:
I've not bought a physical game in almost 10 years so it'll be less than a coaster to me - it will be the invisible 0101010s that it is now. It had one blip early in its life and has been pretty constant since.

Last edited:
That's how humans get roped into things they don't need, we fall for aesthetics, the more attractive something is, the more we try to tolerate the faults/flaws that comes with it.

Or like a moth to a flame, it's not good for them but they can't help themselves ...

This is why I always suspect Sony/PD will use GT as a glittering showcase and not as an on-going platform to become respected or matured driving simulator.
It's even more sinister than that. Sony saw the success of Rockstar's GTAO and then wanted a slice of the pie. It's obvious that's why GT7 is riddled with the aftermath of microtransaction interference. #RIPGT7

Back