Massive Changes Coming to Gran Turismo 7 in Response to Fan Feedback

• Thread starter R3V
  • 622 comments
I don’t quite understand why some people campare acc with gt7 not even close to simular games, the only thing the share in common is that you drive around in tracks, i know that acc is a good racing game with true physics and proper racing with race cars, those are just not things that appeal to me, i prefer drivning road cars mostly, gt7 has upgrade parts customization, road cars, progression where you own the cars, witch are not the case with acc, the appeal with gran turismo is quite different than the appeal from acc, hardly have the same kind of fans, you playing them for quite different reasons

I used GTS as an example, could've used GT7 as an example as well. Like ACC both GTS/GT7 has/had obvious shortcomings in the beginning of their timeline. But it probably will be fixed or improved. But ACC cannot be 'fixed' unless it has a single-player campaign which is extremely unlikely will ever happen.
ACC has a single player 'campaign', it's one that doesn't appeal to you (nothing wrong with that) but that doesn't stop it existing.

Well, I'm playing Circuit Superstars at the moment and having much more fun with that than grinding Chase The Leader 7 for little to no rewards, so the new update can't come soon enough. But I'm tempering my expectations. I envisage more of the same - more hare & tortoise style gameplay - why must we HAVE to start at the back every single race, a rolling start with each car about 100yd apart?, well known races/championships (24hr Le Mans etc) stuck in 'missions' rather than be placed in the corresponding circuits, the same predetermined and profoundly unfair roulette vouchers, more unrealistically oversteery road performance non-race cars, insignificant value increase to race rewards, and the big one... still always online! It honestly pains me to have this attitude, being a fan from day one and the owner of every physical version of the game.

Last edited:
Seeing how coming feedback has an effect in developer's choices i'm sad that such an important feature like the track creator doesn't get asked or talked about! It would massively improve the longevity of the game! We could have limitless variations of tracks so the game will never feel like you repeating the same tracks over and over! Tied with the community features, being able to share, rate, comment on tracks people created etc... And just the fact that you always try to learn a new track is something we really missing imo!

such an important feature like the track creator doesn't get asked or talked about!
that would be cool, but it is a big chunk in terms of development, and they were able to release 1/3 of the content at launch, with many recent cars missing (hope they will be released) and many existing tracks that could do a nice come back, so in my mind the track creator is way behind in terms of priority

and I'd prefer they open the UCD to players cars (with prices determined by the economy of the game) before a track editor

Well, I'm playing Circuit Superstars at the moment and having much more fun with that than grinding Chase The Leader 7 for little to no rewards, so the new update can't come soon enough. But I'm tempering my expectations. I envisage more of the same - more hare & tortoise style gameplay - why must we HAVE to start at the back every single race, a rolling start with each car about 100yd apart?, well known races/championships (24hr Le Mans etc) stuck in 'missions' rather than be placed in the corresponding circuits, the same predetermined and profoundly unfair roulette vouchers, more unrealistically oversteery road performance non-race cars, insignificant value increase to race rewards, and the big one... still always online! It honestly pains me to have this attitude, being a fan from day one and the owner of every physical version of the game.
About the race style,I really expect a rework on the game style whenever sophy is ready,but thats just my own hopium xD.
I agree with almost everything but why is being always online such a problem?
Like,really,it’s a honest question.

I mean,the server downtime is just ridiculous,they could have avoid it doing something like on gt sport.
But apart from that i see no problem on being always online :/

About the race style,I really expect a rework on the game style whenever sophy is ready,but thats just my own hopium xD.

I mean,the server downtime is just ridiculous,they could have avoid it doing something like on gt sport.
But apart from that i see no problem on being always online :/
You kind of answered your own question. Servers go down, game becomes a brick.

Last edited:
Because look at the state of the game when the servers went down. The game was rendered useless for 99% of all the single player content. Secondly, in 5-10 years time when GT7's life is at it's end and they turn the servers off, the £80 game I paid for (I got the 25th Anniversary steelbook) is rendered useless.

I will be unable to do what I am able to do with GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4, which I do regularly, is pop them into the respective Playstation and reminisce.

To be constantly tethered to online for content that really doesn't need to be, is ridiculous.

Seeing how coming feedback has an effect in developer's choices i'm sad that such an important feature like the track creator doesn't get asked or talked about! It would massively improve the longevity of the game! We could have limitless variations of tracks so the game will never feel like you repeating the same tracks over and over! Tied with the community features, being able to share, rate, comment on tracks people created etc... And just the fact that you always try to learn a new track is something we really missing imo!
Agreed there. if they brought in the exact same track editor from GT6 with no real improvements I'd be fine tbh lol

Quote me saying it isn't a work of art!

I said it's not a private work of art, it's first and foremost a commercial product, designed to bring in revenue and sell in quantity, that doesn't preclude it being art, but it doesn't mean it automatically qualifies either. Please also stop claiming that Sony is a private company, it's not, it's a publicly traded company, it has public shareholders it is directly answerable to.

Bertoni and the DS19 is also not a great example of art done without regard for commerce, as he was paid by Citroen for the design.

I also didn't say that Kaz started GT because of revenue, rather that for Sony (because it has to answer to those public shareholders) needed to demonstrate that it was a commercially viable product, had it failed at that, regardless of it's value as art, it would have not continued as a series.

Nor does somethings status as art preclude it from criticism, quite the opposite, art is subjective as a subject and is open to criticism, to try and dismiss criticism because it's 'art' actually undermines the argument for it being art. Art criticism is pretty much as old as art.

We don't have a specific date for it.
Sorry are you serious?

My statement was that GT7 is a private work of art.

You: It's really not, it's a commercial product design to bring in revenue and promote the Playstation system.: It's really not, it's a commercial product design to bring in revenueandpromote thel.
If it is everything you claim in your comment, then it would disqualify it as art.
And actually I don’t see any difference in „art“ and „private art“, and that is the point I’m talking about but you seem to get wrong. The process of creating some artistic piece is always private, it comes from the inner self and not as a result of some analysis of the market or because there’s a platform to promote or fulfill a contract, it can just be used for that. If you create Art, you always do it for yourself in the first place, everything else comes after that.
And yes Sony is a private company in the sense of that it’s not an official one owned by the government, so it doesn’t have to produce a specific product or serve a specific purpose except generating revenue. It is not the right term because there is already a definition for „private company“ and I‘m sorry for the confusion, but what I meant with that could’ve been also get out of the context.
But ok, we could debate all day about the definition of art and it seems we have a different understanding, so then I try to make it easier. There is something someone wants to express (in this case the love for car culture) and he there is a relatively young medium where he can do it in a different, new way and share it also with a lot of people, but he can’t do it on his own and needs backup for it (or hopes he gets it in the future). So the company likes it because it is a good interesting game and can possibly push there platform and generate a lot of money, so they do marketing, Publishing etc.. All important and part of the game, but the beginning and fundamental thing is the idea and the passion that comes from the creator, because without this there isn’t anything to publish, create a marketing campaign around it, to push a platform and make money with.
And this thing can’t be changed, it can just be helped by other artists to add something to it and help bring this vision to life, but you can’t just say I don’t like his vision and I want him to change it.
And that is where my problem lies: This isn’t just a product like a dishwasher which has to fulfill specific needs because of its definition but people act like it is, they demand this and that and rage when it isn’t what they wish for. Sure this is a game, so you should be able to play something, and it is a car racing game so you should be able to race cars, but most of the rest around it is up to the developer and his vision.
I never claimed that this isn’t something with commerce involved like you claimed with my Bertoni example, it is about the foundation of all of it, and that isn‘t about revenue or any other profane things. Bertoni didn’t created the design of the DS because of commercial aspects, if you think that than you don’t really have an idea how designers in that time worked. Without the beautiful eccentric design we wouldn’t talk about this car still today, even with all the engineering innovations. And you can’t demand the cars design to change because you don’t like it, it doesn’t have to fulfill your needs in this regard, it just have to drive you around in a safe, reliant and comfortable way.

But when you say it is just „a commercial product“ you support these peoples approach to it in my view, and btw it is also very cynical and I don’t like this one sided view.
Cynicism isn’t wisdom, but gets often confused with that.
And I didn’t say there shouldn’t be criticism about art, you are right there must be room for criticism, but there must be also room for change, and there’s no guarantee that the change is in your interest or that it works out like the ones who create it wanted it to be, there’s always the possibility of mistakes. it’s about how people act that it should just be like they demand it to be and think that this behavior is legitimate.

And i know I’m repeating myself again: no this isn’t to apologize the MTs which are too expensive or the false advertisement (because these are really needs to be fulfilled because they were promised), it’s about the decision with Hagertys and the idea to create a „car life simulator“ like Kaz said. I saw some of my favorite franchises go down a wrong route with monetizing and now they miss a lot what made them great and special when they originaly came out, but I don’t see that right now happening with GT, but it’s understandable to be skeptical after these last weeks.

Last edited:
I'd pay 5$ every month for 10 cars + one track.
This seems decent. It's like asking for them good ol DLC models of the PS3 era. Though PD could screw this up by giving you terrible fictional tracks like most the launch stuff that was in sport

Sorry are you serious?

My statement was that GT7 is a private work of art.

You: It's really not, it's a commercial product design to bring in revenue and promote the Playstation system.: It's really not, it's a commercial product design to bring in revenueandpromote thel.
If it is everything you claim in your comment, then it would disqualify it as art.
And actually I don’t see any difference in „art“ and „private art“, and that is the point I’m talking about but you seem to get wrong. The process of creating some artistic piece is always private, it comes from the inner self and not as a result of some analysis of the market or because there’s a platform to promote or fulfill a contract, it can just be used for that. If you create Art, you always do it for yourself in the first place, everything else comes after that.
And yes Sony is a private company in the sense of that it’s not an official one owned by the government, so it doesn’t have to produce a specific product or serve a specific purpose except generating revenue. It is not the right term because there is already a definition for „private company“ and I‘m sorry for the confusion, but what I meant with that could’ve been also get out of the context.
But ok, we could debate all day about the definition of art and it seems we have a different understanding, so then I try to make it easier. There is something someone wants to express (in this case the love for car culture) and he there is a relatively young medium where he can do it in a different, new way and share it also with a lot of people, but he can’t do it on his own and needs backup for it (or hopes he gets it in the future). So the company likes it because it is a good interesting game and can possibly push there platform and generate a lot of money, so they do marketing, Publishing etc.. All important and part of the game, but the beginning and fundamental thing is the idea and the passion that comes from the creator, because without this there isn’t to publish, create a marketing campaign around it, to push a platform and make money with.
And this thing can’t be changed, it can just be helped by other artists to add something to it and help bring this vision to life, but you can’t just say I don’t like his vision and I want him to change it.
And that is where my problem lies: This isn’t just a product like a dishwasher which has to fulfill specific needs because of its definition but people act like it is, they demand this and that and rage when it isn’t what they wish for. Sure this is a game, so you should be able to play something, and it is a car racing game so you should be able to race cars, but most of the rest around it is up to the developer and his vision.
I never claimed that this isn’t something with commerce involved like you claimed with my Bertoni example, it is about the foundation of all of it, and that isn‘t about revenue or any other profane things. Bertoni didn’t created the design of the DS because of commercial aspects, if you think that than you don’t really have an idea how designers in that time worked. Without the beautiful eccentric design we wouldn’t talk about this car still today, even with all the engineering innovations. And you can’t demand the cars design to change because you don’t like it, it doesn’t have to fulfill your needs in this regard, it just have to drive you around in a safe, reliant and comfortable way.

But when you say it is just „a commercial product“ you support these peoples approach to it in my view, and btw it is also very cynical and I don’t like this one sided view.
Cynicism isn’t wisdom, but gets often confused with that.
And I didn’t say there shouldn’t be criticism about art, you are right there must be room for criticism, but there must be also room for change, and there’s no guarantee that the change is in your interest or that it works out like the ones who create it wanted it to be, there’s always the possibility of mistakes. it’s about how people act that it should just be like they demand it to be and think that this is legitimate.

And i know I’m repeating myself again: no this isn’t to apologize the MTs which are too expensive or the false advertisement (because these are really needs to be fulfilled because they were promised), it’s about the decision with Hagertys and the idea to create a „car life simulator“ like Kaz said. I saw some of my favorite franchises go down a wrong route with monetizing and now they miss a lot what made them great and special when they originaly came out, but I don’t see that right now happening with GT, but it’s understandable to be skeptical after these last weeks.
I've replied in the correct thread for this, which I did ask you to do. Please ensure you do so in future.

Last edited:
This seems decent. It's like asking for them good ol DLC models of the PS3 era. Though PD could screw this up by giving you terrible fictional tracks like most the launch stuff that was in sport
If they add fictional tracks like Grand valley speedway, special stage route 5 or midfield raceway, that would be even better for me than adding any real world tracks, but it would be awesome with road America , road atlanta and hockenheim ring

If they add fictional tracks like Grand valley speedway, special stage route 5 or midfield raceway, that would be even better for me than adding any real world tracks, but it would be awesome with road America , road atlanta and hockenheim ring
I don't understand the appeal of hockenheim yet but agree on the rest. Midfield was in GT6 too. I honestly almost don't want to see Seattle Circuit return since I'm certain they'll butcher the jumps somehow. Which I've spent too much time recreating in Hotwheels Unleashed and don't want to have to start over after that many revisions

Hoping to see this update launch by this Friday, but not actually expecting it until next week unfortunately.

Do you guys think they now lowered the prices of the legendary cars after the storm of diarrhea?
I remember the miura being a 20 Million car in recent GTs (May be wrong), now in GT7 it costs 2,5 million, which i think is reasonable.
Also the price of the 288 GTO with 2,5m was OK i think.

Last edited:
Do you guys think they now lowered the prices of the legendary cars after the storm of diarrhea?
I remember the miura being a 20 Million car in recent GTs (May be wrong), now in GT7 it costs 2,5 million, which i think is reasonable.
Also the price of the 288 GTO with 2,5m was OK i think.
No, they just made all cars in line with real world values now. Some will go down, many will go up.

Miura was 15 million in past games but in the real world the standard P400 Miura is worth around $1.5M, so it makes sense the Bertone prototype is worth more, but not that much more. So $2.5M seems about right.

Same with the 288 GTO, it's roughly in line with real world values.

No, they just made all cars in line with real world values now. Some will go down, many will go up.

Miura was 15 million in past games but in the real world the standard P400 Miura is worth around $1.5M, so it makes sense the Bertone prototype is worth more, but not that much more. So $2.5M seems about right.

Same with the 288 GTO, it's roughly in line with real world values.
Well, the Porsche GT1 was 3 or 3.6 Million, whereas the real world prices are at around 20m $
This also works the other way around

@Samus: That was 2017, prices skyrocketed since then:
Stop giving PD ideas.

Back