Mazda Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata Super Lap

OMG....I have just made it to 15th on the leaderboard...1'26.140 :D I can't believe it. :dopey::crazy::boggled::eek: Just a few more spots to go to the "promise land". All those late night practice sessions, playing through pain, blood, sweat, and tears.....its finally paying off. YEA BABY!!!!!!!

Awesome, Mitch. Well done! :cheers:

Don't think I'll have Cargo worried just yet, however have improved to 1:27.973, pos # 415.
Am currently using stock gears but will try Noway's.

And Davo, what is your best time with the third generation car?

Update.....I think Noway's gears are superior to what I've been using so will try the whole tune and see how it goes. Of course it may be just the effects of alcohol which are helping me?

Just tried + .05 front toe, rear +.20 ... seems better for hairpin after 1 sector

------------------
Just tried + .05 front toe, rear +.20 ... seems better
11:30 pm here and I have to get kids up for school in the morning so I'm outta here.
Used the whole tune Noway' posted and it feels good although while I kept the LSD at 60 I dropped the height back to 77 - 91 which I find helps control the front end better.
Leaving here now with 1:27.924.....pos# 387, which is better than the pos # 520 or so I started with this evening. Thanks Noway.
PS..Will try the above settings tomorrow.

Finally below 1:28.00!! :)

Took me a while but now at 1:27.929 which places me as 394th

Back in the top 500 again :cheers:

Last edited:
Finally below 1:28.00!! :)

Took me a while but now at 1:27.929 which places me as 294th

Back in the top 500 again :cheers:
One of us has posted an incorrect position Narrie. In my post above yours I had 1:27.924 for pos' #387.

You posted, at practically the same time, 1:27.929, a touch above my time, pos# 294. Did you mean 394?
I haven't opened the game as yet today so can't check for sure.

One of us has posted an incorrect position Narrie. In my post above yours I had 1:27.924 for pos' #387.

You posted, at practically the same time, 1:27.929, a touch above my time, pos# 294. Did you mean 394?
I haven't opened the game as yet today so can't check for sure.

Sorry, typo! Should be 394th, changed now!

Too bad, oh well we still have another day to get down to pos # 294 or below.

EDIT....Did I say pos # 294? How about 1:27.482 for pos # 236. But my thumbs are sore.

Last edited:
Too bad, oh well we still have another day to get down to pos # 294 or below.

EDIT....Did I say pos # 294? How about 1:27.482 for pos # 236. But my thumbs are sore.

Suck it up mate, I've played through worse....a lot worse. ;):mischievous:

Seriously though, congrats on the improvement. 👍

They are reaching 168 when they are passing the red line which isn't the start line. As soon as the replay starts clock has already started...at about 157km
Thanks Cargo, I realised that after i posted the message. Der nick.lol I think it is great that you post your tunes and you do a great job! I haven't used your tune with the mazda, however I did get some great pointers which in turn has made want to read up more. Your ratios were very clever, I was just curious as to how the top guy was pushing 157km because I use the run up and could only push 155-6. this is not a skill thing, it is a matter of a faster ratio with using more of the torque band. Anyway, forget what others post besides the people who appreciate your fine work:-)

Thanks Cargo, I realised that after i posted the message. Der nick.lol I think it is great that you post your tunes and you do a great job! I haven't used your tune with the mazda, however I did get some great pointers which in turn has made want to read up more. Your ratios were very clever, I was just curious as to how the top guy was pushing 157km because I use the run up and could only push 155-6. this is not a skill thing, it is a matter of a faster ratio with using more of the torque band. Anyway, forget what others post besides the people who appreciate your fine work:-)

He's (nowayback ) not Cargo, I am. :odd::lol::lol:

Anyways, thanks for the kind words, (if it is me you're talking to) appreciate it. :cheers:

Thanks @GTP_CargoRatt for your setup. helped a bit on the way, but I seriously struggled with this time trial.
I did some tweaks to it if anybody is interested:

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/95
Spring rate: 4.30/4.65
Dampers compression: 2/4
Dampers extension: 2/4
Anti-roll bars: 3/4
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.40/-0.10
Brake balance: 6/4

Transmisson:
first set the final gear to maximum (5500), then the max speed to minimum (180kmh)
1'st: 2.509
2'nd: 1.975
3'rd: 1.605
4'th: 1.340
5'th: 1.128
6'th: 0.962
Final gear: 4.600

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 40
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
No oil change, install SEMI-racing exhaust, catalytic converter, and set limiter @92.3%

Body:
install ALL weight reductions (Stage 3 reduction, carbon bonnet, and windows)
Downforce: N/A
Ballast weight: 0kg
Ballast position: 0%

Last edited:
Suck it up mate, I've played through worse....a lot worse. ;):mischievous:

Seriously though, congrats on the improvement. 👍
Thanks for that Cargo. You know I often noticed that after a period of play, maybe 1/2 hour or an hour, all of a sudden things start going your way, you start improving. Often quite remarkably. Now this doesn't happen every time you play and as I haven't been racing a lot lately I recall it has only happened once for me recently, yesterday when I took off over 1/2 second. However it used to happen quite regularly when I was playing more often, to the extent that I thought it might be built into the game somehow to reward persistence.
I don't think that is the explanation anymore though, I think it is simply persistence paying off coupled with applying what you learn from previous laps and doing things automatically without consciously thinking about it.
Anyway that's my explanation and I'm sticking with it.

Thanks for that Cargo. You know I often noticed that after a period of play, maybe 1/2 hour or an hour, all of a sudden things start going your way, you start improving. Often quite remarkably. Now this doesn't happen every time you play and as I haven't been racing a lot lately I recall it has only happened once for me recently, yesterday when I took off over 1/2 second. However it used to happen quite regularly when I was playing more often, to the extent that I thought it might be built into the game somehow to reward persistence.
I don't think that is the explanation anymore though, I think it is simply persistence paying off coupled with applying what you learn from previous laps and doing things automatically without consciously thinking about it.
Anyway that's my explanation and I'm sticking with it.

Wow, you really struggle with giving me any kind of credit for my outright skill level, don't you. :lol: Its always gotta be something else that contributes to my improvement, but its never my skill set. :rolleyes: Its alright though, I understand. ;)

et_
Thanks @GTP_CargoRatt for your setup. helped a bit on the way, but I seriously struggled with this time trial.
I did some tweaks to it if anybody is interested:

Suspension:
Ride height: 95/95
Spring rate: 4.30/4.65
Dampers compression: 2/4
Dampers extension: 2/4
Anti-roll bars: 3/4
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.40/-0.10
Brake balance: 6/4

Transmisson:
first set the final gear to maximum (5500), then the max speed to minimum (180kmh)
1'st: 2.509
2'nd: 1.975
3'rd: 1.605
4'th: 1.340
5'th: 1.128
6'th: 0.962
Final gear: 4.600

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 40
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
No oil change, install SEMI-racing exhaust, catalytic converter, and set limiter @92.3%

Body:
install ALL weight reductions (Stage 3 reduction, carbon bonnet, and windows)
Downforce: N/A
Ballast weight: 0kg
Ballast position: 0%

You're welcome and glad it was useful for you. 👍 Its always flattering when one of the top guys like yourself find my tunes useful, or at least a good starting point. :cheers:

Wow, you really struggle with giving me any kind of credit for my outright skill level, don't you. :lol: Its always gotta be something else that contributes to my improvement, but its never my skill set. :rolleyes: Its alright though, I understand. ;)
Good grief mate, this post wasn't about you, ya dill, it was about me.
I have acknowledged your superior skill level (on a wheel compared to me with a DC3) over and over, I do it constantly.
The post you quoted was solely about how " I (me) " thought about how " I (me) " explain my improvement.
Take a cold shower mate then get back in the saddle, as I'm about to do myself for my last chance to 'slip past you' on this one. And I still have sore thumbs from yesterday, so that's my excuse if I remain behind you at closing, ha ha.

Good grief mate, this post wasn't about you, ya dill, it was about me.
I have acknowledged your superior skill level (on a wheel compared to me with a DC3) over and over, I do it constantly.
The post you quoted was solely about how " I (me) " thought about how " I (me) " explain my improvement.
Take a cold shower mate then get back in the saddle, as I'm about to do myself for my last chance to 'slip past you' on this one. And I still have sore thumbs from yesterday, so that's my excuse if I remain behind you at closing, ha ha.

Oh, duh...I must have interpreted it the wrong way, my bad. :lol: I went back and re-read it and now it makes sense. I'm just so used to your off the wall posts with me, I just figured this one was the same. :lol: I apologize, my misunderstanding. :dunce:

EDIT: I'm done here. Congrats to everyone on an outstanding effort. It has been a true joy competing with everyone the last two weeks. Now I await the next challenge. Peace.

Last edited:
Oh well all over, but I can live with position # 246, that's one of my better ones, they're usually around the 500 mark.
And no worries about your misunderstanding Cargo, all good.

Attachments

• IMG-20140327-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20140327-WA0006.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
Done a few days ago, 1:26.710 73rd ,very good finish for me, Ds3 friendly TT . I can see how doodlemonoply was so good with DS3, it just needs so many micro smooth movements. Especially gradual throttle, smooth gradual turns(hard ones no problem :-) ) . Can do it sometimes but not consistently .

Done a few days ago, 1:26.710 73rd ,very good finish for me, Ds3 friendly TT . I can see how doodlemonoply was so good with DS3, it just needs so many micro smooth movements. Especially gradual throttle, smooth gradual turns(hard ones no problem :-) ) . Can do it sometimes but not consistently .

He switched to a wheel a while back in GT5, I think...

Back