Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

There could be few different livery/colors choices that the Mazda VGT might have. For examples...

mazda_100350234_l.jpg

The already mentioned and recognizable Renown colors from the 787B.

2016_GlobalMX-5_17.jpg

Mazda's current Skyactiv red scheme seen here on the new MX-5 Cup racer.

Mazda-787.jpg

This simple white/blue livery that was on the Renown's 2 sister cars from the 1991 Le Mans 24.

Mazda-Furai-5.jpg

The Furai's matte grey/red trim color scheme.

A mixture of past and current livery be great.

Last edited:
There was a blue and white 787? Cool. I can see that it lacks the B, so I'm assuming it's different car. One that I would want in the GT series, even if it's similar to the 787B. I wouldn't mind any of those liveries. I'd say make them all available. Or combine them in some way.

This LMP is welcome to game, can wait to drive it. It will be third VGT car that am interested after BMW and Toyota!
Now knowing Nissan and PD partnership am expecting to see Nissan new LMP car also in GT6 at some point.

If they did, I would expect them to cancel the P2 program to do so.
Or use that as a stepping stone? The diesel in the p2 is just a testbed really, and the chassis is an oldish lola design, its really not that big of an undertaking concerning budget. If Mazda was to get fully behind a p1, itd be a lot more than what speedsource currently do. But till then, lets hope this LM55 is a sign of things to come.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be their LMP2.

2014-mazda-skyactiv-d-lmp2-prototype-race-car-photo-590316-s-1280x782.jpg
We need more LMP2 cars, and this one is a looker, but this won't be the VGT. Think updated Furai, but probably not real world driveable to avoid burning to a crisp.

I my be alone, but I hope they don't, it's just so played out that I'd like to see an original scheme.
You've been reading Jalopnik, haven't you? :lol:

Just to add to your list is the Mitsubishi.
You probably didn't think of that one because it just simply arrived.
No teasers, absolutely nothing.
It just turned up in the game, completely unannounced. :)

Actually Aussie, you right on what you said, but I mentioning cars that did not have teaser images on their VGT page. Despite its ninja unveiling, the Mitsubishi did have one teaser image on its page. Nissan and Infiniti did not. And yet they unveiled their cars prior to their addition to the game.

The Chaparral is an even bigger mystery. At first, I thought it would be GM Design's project, but after its unveiling, I was checking the VGT list only to find that the GM Design page was still there with its own teaser. Therefore, the 2X was a side project no one knew of until GM posted its first teaser on the Corvette FB page. So, this means that the Chaparral was a truly unannounced project that only came to light one month before its release...

I think I should tell @Jordan about this post and see if it's worth being mentioned on the news on GTPlanet.

I'd say he won't post it yet because we only have small amounts of info, and no clear proofs (as in car images and that sort of thing) of said info. He'll probably only post the news when PD starts to tease the car in the Gran Turismo webpage.

I'd say he won't post it yet because we only have small amounts of info, and no clear proofs (as in car images and that sort of thing) of said info. He'll probably only post the news when PD starts to tease the car in the Gran Turismo webpage.
I was thinking that as well but did you saw the post about Alfa Romeo withdrawing from VGT. There wasn't really any info to why it happened. Also in the post about the hidden routes on SSRX in my opinion there was plenty of info that was newsworthy. I don't have no problem with Jordan refusing to make a post about it in the news but this new leaked Mazda VGT sounds extremely interesting.

Also I thought the GM Design VGT was the Chaparral 2X. :crazy:

Also I thought the GM Design VGT was the Chaparral 2X. :crazy:

A lot of people did, which is reasonable considering it came out of leftfield and from a company that wasn't even on the VGT list prior (Chapperal).

Interestingly, its called "Chevrolet Chapperal 2X" but its in the game as a Chapperal. Very Confusing.

A lot of people, which is reasonable considering it came out of leftfield and from a company that wasn't even on the VGT list prior (Chapperal).

Interestingly, its called "Chevrolet Chapperal 2X" but its in the game as a Chapperal. Very Confusing.
Confusing indeed. Same with Mini like out of no where Mini joins in with the VGT project except here with Chapperal they randomly join the VGT project and tease the 2X.

But if the 2X was indeed the GM Design VGT could this mean GM has a bunch of VGT concept cars in the works? Mercedes-Benz got a second VGT car but it was only a race car version of their existing VGT concept car.

To make things more confusing, it was first teased on the Corvette Facebook page.

A lot of people did, which is reasonable considering it came out of leftfield and from a company that wasn't even on the VGT list prior (Chapperal).

Confusing indeed. Same with Mini like out of no where Mini joins in with the VGT project except here with Chapperal they randomly join the VGT project and tease the 2X.

But if the 2X was indeed the GM Design VGT could this mean GM has a bunch of VGT concept cars in the works? Mercedes-Benz got a second VGT car but it was only a race car version of their existing VGT concept car.

The 2X is listed as a Chaparral, and it does not count as GM Design's car. Unless you count it as a GM side project... The VGT page (both ingame and in GT's website) still has a GM Design teaser and spot on the list, which means GM is not done with this project.

Part of me wants to call it PD's plan B, a car to fill the hole left by Alfa Romeo's sudden pull out of the VGT project. I know the 2X and the 6C Biposto couldn't be any more further apart as cars, but perhaps PD wanted its hole filled and called GM (who of course have a healthy relation with PD) to create something else. GM then decided to go crazy, called Jim Hall and asked him if he wanted a laser car with his brand's name. You all know how that story ended...

Does this mean he already knows that the car will be unveiled? Can I really say that?
Just because he has it planned doesn't mean the car is going to be unveiled to GTPlanet. Heck if this was true, then that would mean that they would have unveiled the Mini VGT. You should talk about it with him.

Also the 6C Biposto what is that? The name for the cancelled Alfa Romeo VGT?

Last edited:
Just because he has it planned doesn't mean the car is going to
be unveiled to GTPlanet. I can't really explain this. You should talk about it with him.

That's kind of cryptic, but I think I understand. What you mean is that he is preparing an article on the car for the GTP website, right?

That's kind of cryptic, but I think I understand. What you mean is that he is preparing an article on the car for the GTP website, right?
Yes he is. But don't get your hopes up, because one time he was going to do a post about the SSRX hidden routes but he cancelled the plan because there wasn't enough info. But saying that would mean there wouldn't be any reason to make the post about the Alfa Romeo VGT the fact that we have no info to why Alfa Romeo gave up with the project.

Actually I take that back because that was actually something important. Meaning that it was necessary to make the post about Alfa Romeo.

Yes he is. But don't get your hopes up, because one time he was going to do a post about the SSRX hidden routes but he cancelled the plan because there wasn't enough info. But saying that would mean there wouldn't be any reason to make the post about the Alfa Romeo VGT the fact that we have no info to why Alfa Romeo gave up with the project.

Actually I take that back because that was actually something important. Meaning that it was necessary to make the post about Alfa Romeo.

Don't worry, I won't send my hopes all the way to the moon. ;) But still, I think us seeing the Mazda now is more likely than the SSRX alternate routes. Don't ask me why, it just is.

And the reason why the Alfa Romeo's removal was important was because people noticed really early that the VGT image had been removed from both the game and the game's website. So Jordan felt that he needed to announce that Alfa's project had been ended. We don't know why, and I think we may never know, as neither Alfa and\or PD said anything ever since.

I close my eyes and see a modern LMP1 car, powered by a Wankel engine and hybrid system, with a green & orange livery.... :D

(no hype, just logic ^^)
What you seen there was Jesus Christ's 787B.
Don't worry, I won't send my hopes all the way to the moon. ;) But still, I think us seeing the Mazda now is more likely than the SSRX alternate routes. Don't ask me why, it just is.

And the reason why the Alfa Romeo's removal was important was because people noticed really early that the VGT image had been removed from both the game and the game's website. So Jordan felt that he needed to announce that Alfa's project had been ended. We don't know why, and I think we may never know, as neither Alfa and\or PD said anything ever since.
Didn't people found the coding for the Alfa Romeo VGT and leaked it. If that's true then I believe that may be the reason why it was pulled out. Guess PD hates it when people leaks stuff sometimes.

Didn't people found the coding for the Alfa Romeo VGT and leaked it. If that's true then I believe that may be the reason why it was pulled out. Guess PD hates it when people leaks stuff sometimes.

The thing is, other brands's VGT projects were leaked out before their time. Aston Martin and Subaru, for example, had their credits found out by people in the game's data. Yet their cars were not pulled out of the project. It wasn't PD having issues with that, it was Alfa Romeo having some sort of issues that led them to pull their car out (lack of resources? Lack of time?).

If your talking about the one from Gran Turismo 2, Jordan already made a post about it in the news. www.gtplanet.net/pikes-peak-hill-climb-gran-turismo/

Back