Mazda Monday: RX7 - 550pp N3 - Stock tuning - Suzuka - xx.03 / :23 / :43

• Thread starter mr_VOLCANO
  • 616 comments

What car/track combo do you want to be the new "mazda" monday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry mr_VOLCANO, think I nudged you a couple of times going into that 1st corner on the 903 race. I enjoyed the race though! Did you slow down for me on the 4th lap?

What a fun race that one was. Starting from last as normal then punted off 4 times 👍

Can't drive after a whole week away. Not this 107% weight tug boat on S3 at least. I can't "feel" it.

Gonna do some testing for the next event.

Nice race that :23 one mr_V. 👍 :) Did a 1'17.5 on 2nd lap.

Going for a brake, I'll come back to check later if anyone is still going.

Great racing, guys 👍 Amazing to see those grids (almost) full of RX-7's every now and then :dopey:

Off to bed now, was driving more off than on track last race :embarrassed:

Great racing, guys 👍 Amazing to see those grids (almost) full of RX-7's every now and then :dopey:

Off to bed now, was driving more off than on track last race :embarrassed:

It happens the other way round for me. I start of the night in the sand most of the time, then the more tired i get, the better i get lol. Good racing everyone.

Last edited:
Ok guys. After some testing last night, I came up with a few interesting combos.

Initial considerations:
Our first RWD only event organized by me, was dominated by the F430 with the odd NSX. Then there was a "swagger cup" with mostly F40's. And this last one (this very thread) is a RX7 only. So I believe on the next event we should change car radically (in more ways than one...) and even have a multi-machine event again.

So here are my suggestions:

1. Multi-car options:

1.1 Blackpool Mondays - A tribute to TVR
Only allowed cars would be the 2 TVR available (Tamora/Speed6 550pp/S3).
With a minimum of tuning I could go do 2.24 consistently without crashing for 5 laps.

1.2 Lightweight Mondays - A tribute to Lotus
Only allowed cars would be the 3 lotus available (Evora/Elise 96/Elise 111R 550pp/S3)
Different PP could be in order to even cars

1.3 Prancing Horse Classic Mondays - A tribute to the classic Ferraris
Only allowed cars would be the F40 and the 512BB (550pp/S2/S3)

1.4 Beemer Fever Mondays - A tribute to BMW M-Power
Only allowed cars would be 3 of the BMW available (135i/M3/Z4 550pp/Sx)

2. Mono-car options:

2.1 TVR Speed6 Cup (550pp/S3)

2.2 Lotus Elise 111R Cup (550pp/S3)

2.3 Ferrari 512BB Cup (550pp/S2)

2.4 BMW Z4 Cup (pp and tires to be defined)

Please bare in mind that what I'm considering are mostly nor easy drives, but that's on purpose. The people that come to these events want a challenge, a technicall track, RWD and no RBE or other aids. This is not an event for the weak :sly: The TVR or Elise are not that hard to setup and control and that kind of event is way more :cool: than a softer easier ride.

State your thoughts by replying in this thread!
I'll post a new thread with a poll tonight based on your responses. TVR FTW! :crazy:

PS: Sorry Paulie, no big V8's this time. Next time, it's a promise 👍

PS2: I inicialy stopped organizing because I do not have much time to play, let alone to do this. But I decided to take over from mr_V since he doesn't even have a computer(!). So if anyone want's to carry the this RWD tradition on after the next event update, be my guest! 👍

Last edited:
Good combos burnout, my choice is mono race 512bb or speed six 👍 I know many like multi car race, but nothing make me feel more like a race driver than a close one make race! :) And there is always one car that is fastest in multi car race:(

Good combos burnout, my choice is mono race 512bb or speed six 👍 I know many like multi car race, but nothing make me feel more like a race driver than a close one make race! :) And there is always one car that is fastest in multi car race:(

I am glad you said that, because I think one make races are the best too, however I am happy to run any of the cars, but favour the 111R. :sly: 👍

Ok, it's looking good for a mono-car cup race.

Man, I have to tell you, I had loads of fun setting up those TVR last night.:dopey: with the G25 and clutch on, heel/toe while downshifting is necessary. Which is something I haven't mastered yet, but found myself trying to do very naturally to avoid shift lock in a few corners! And it works great when you get it right. Actually both the heel/toe and the eventual deliberate shift lock induced drift (in T1/2 :scared:) work great.

What a game, what a wheel 👍👍👍👍👍

One-make race would make it easier to guys like me, who have no time to do testing so much.

I also think that way we could have more equal battles. Cars sounds great!

Maybe this event should come back to life as well... was always fun and current events allow it... 👍 Just an idea :)

May I suggest using the RX-8? It runs absolutely marvellous on 550PP/RWD/S3 and Suz...

I think it might be a better idea to run this after the ROC races... might get confusing :lol:

Back