McLaren F1 good for Tokyo 600 since 1.24 still?

• Thread starter Maneawolff
  • 15 comments
Australia
Australia
Anyone know if tuning the McLaren up for Tokyo 600 is still effective? I don't want to spend the 20,000,000 if it's only useful for grinding at le man's.

Lol good point. I like the car and want it eventually and I know there was a Tokyo tune for it. But if it was patched after 1.24 then I'd rather save the credits for the GT40 mk1 when that becomes available, or the Porsche Spyder '⁵⁵.

I Love this car ! I Have two of them. This one that I race with and another that is kept in standard condition. It is still an easy win for me after V1.23. One stop for fuel only.

Why would you want to spend 20 million in a grinding car anyway?
To grind in style..........off course :cheers:

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009162602-F1-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009162602-F1-1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009160959-F1-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009160959-F1-2.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009161017-F1-3.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009161017-F1-3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009164735-F1-4.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009164735-F1-4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009164657-F1-5.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221009164657-F1-5.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 55
I Love this car ! I Have two of them. This one that I race with and another that is kept in standard condition. It is still an easy win for me after V1.23. One stop for fuel only.
Yeeeesss! You're the man dude!
Thanks heaps...

To grind in style..........off course :cheers:
That's mad, so it's not even a glitch build.
I love that cause you can win but you still get a decent race feel from the car. I'm just sick of using a vgt and I couldn't stand using tomahawk or glitchy builds.
Glad someone gets it cause I love this car.

I Forgot to mention the aero parts. You have to fit a front spoiler and a wing. You gain some pp points with downforce adjustments. This car also has the wide body fitted. I Can't say that it improved the handling though, I just did it for the looks. :cheers:

I Forgot to mention the aero parts. You have to fit a front spoiler and a wing. You gain some pp points with downforce adjustments. This car also has the wide body fitted. I Can't say that it improved the handling though, I just did it for the looks. :cheers:
Ok mad. I'll try active front and back. And I'm sure the wide would help, it does widen the stance once you offset the wheels, that will probably increase my pp though so I'll work it out. That's gonna be the fun part.
Hey thanks heaps for taking the time to give me the downlow. Heaps appreciated, proper gt fan move dude.

What car you wanna use? Most muscle cars are good with the ratios stretched to 300 or over. Try skullbusters on you tube or I can show you one but I've got allot of cars I use for that track, you don't need to change heaps just get a high top speed.

Last edited:
What car you wanna use? Most muscle cars are good with the ratios stretched to 300 or over. Try skullbusters on you tube or I can show you one but I've got allot of cars I use for that track, you don't need to change heaps just get a high top speed.

i want to use the mclaren f1 94 in wtc700 lemans 🙂

i want to use the mclaren f1 94 in wtc700 lemans 🙂
I'm so dum obviously the car we were talking about.. I only just bought it and I have only used it for Tokyo but I'm gonna try tuning for le mans soon. There isn't much turbo or add on wise you can do so I'm just gonna keep it the same as what johnson_57 sent me tuning wise but maybe put the top speed up to 310 or 320 and take off the power restrictor and see where the pp lands. If I find a good set up I'll let you know dude.
I don't wanna do weight reduction or crank Shaft or anything that I'll have to take off for Tokyo.

Last edited:
how about a tune for wtc 700 sarthe? please share thanks!
Here you go mate.
I just used this tune for sarthe wtc 700 and it's amazing. You can get 3 laps on fuel map 6 if you short shift and keep the revs down. I did a sub-four minute lap and if I had driven harder ii could have made it an 8 lap race I reckon.
Enjoy dude, this is now my favourite car in the game for sure!

Attachments

• IMG_20221014_005349.jpg
    IMG_20221014_005349.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20221014_001919.jpg
    IMG_20221014_001919.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20221014_001856.jpg
    IMG_20221014_001856.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20221014_001836.jpg
    IMG_20221014_001836.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Here you go mate.
I just used this tune for sarthe wtc 700 and it's amazing. You can get 3 laps on fuel map 6 if you short shift and keep the revs down. I did a sub-four minute lap and if I had driven harder ii could have made it an 8 lap race I reckon.
Enjoy dude, this is now my favourite car in the game for sure!
thank you brother @Maneawolff for taking the time to help.really appreciate it, god bless you bro!

P.S. the tune is great! just tested it before going out and wtc lemans 700 became easy-peasy from start to finish.

thank you brother @Maneawolff for taking the time to help.really appreciate it, god bless you bro!

P.S. the tune is great! just tested it before going out and wtc lemans 700 became easy-peasy from start to finish.
Glad to hear it.
@johnson_57 hooked a brother up with the Tokyo tune when I was unsure if I should buy the car cause I didn't want a glitch tune that would just be patched.
So I added some stuff and just adjusted the rear and front downforce and the great ratios. So I have to pay it forward of course.
I know the top speed is already high but I reckon you could still increase the top speed a bit and reduce the rear downforce as there ain't that many high speed corners and it only slows you down on the straight. Definately worth refining as that was my first time for it and it was rushed, also I added the racing transition as you'll notice so I might even stretch out a couple of the higher gears individually to give me more torque in the top end of 5th and 6th if I do increase top speed, just to make sure I get the most out of them on the straight. You can easily do 1:55.00 the way it is now if you push so mathematically an 8 lap race could even be possible (just for the novelty). I've only ever done it once in a stretched out Mazda roadster with the engine swap but you need as little rain as possible and racing hard tyres for most of the first 7 laps but it is doable.
Happy to hear you like it.
You should try it on Tokyo wtc 600 with the tune the brother gave me, it's not as easy a win but it feels like a real race and you can knock it over 5 mins quicker for the same prize money, just takes 1 pit and a bit of practise compared to the Aston dp100 or the alpine but I feel like I'm cheating when I use them.

Last edited:
Also I might try dropping the rear end and reducing the rear downforce a bit more if it gets me some spare pp to use on reducing the ballast.

Just got myself the race car version of the McLaren F1 GTR as well.
Not my favourite but maybe cause it's actually a BMW.
I worked out a tune to win Tokyo wtc 600 with no pitt stops by experimenting a bit but if anyone has any tips or tunes I would really appreciate it as I had to use racing hard on the rear but comfort hard on the front and that just creates understeer. It's definately a good car for the challenge of you wanna win but surely there must be a better setup (even if I have to pitt).
Any ideas?

Latest Posts

Back