McLaren Rolls out a Certification Program With a Fully Restored F1 GTR Le Mans Racer

That’s cool, I’ve been driving the McLaren F1 a lot in GTS lately I think they have done the best job with this car. The physics feel great but mostly the sound is incredible in Gran Turismo Sport for this car.
We need the longtail GTR in game. Also some clever people need to make this livery. :cheers:

That’s cool, I’ve been driving the McLaren F1 a lot in GTS lately I think they have done the best job with this car. The physics feel great but mostly the sound is incredible in Gran Turismo Sport for this car.
We need the longtail GTR in game. Also some clever people need to make this livery. :cheers:

The Gulf livery with the Davidoff Classic decals on thr GTR longtail is one of my all-time faves. Was the first livery I created the when I bought GT Sport and spent ages looking at images and close up videos on YouTube to make sure I got all the decals.

Hopefully with this service we will see the Sultan of Brunei's army of F1's, in all their different guises, appear in public for the first time in years. Even if just for a brief moment. But he and his brother don't seemed to be bothered with the state of their collection apparently. A tragedy.

Hey, I have a 1/18 model of this exact same car, the N°39 from 1997!

Pretty nice to see McLaren doing all they do to preserve the F1. And all the other companies that also refurbish their classic cars. It makes me happy.

Car was part of a Japanese collection for several years following its racing retirement, and was originally going to just be refurbished by its new owner.

The authentication certificate is more than likely, going to be more useful for the '95 & '96 GTRs that have been converted to road use, some of which mimic the LM. I believe it will also be more of a way to validate the background of each car and bring the cars back to their original factory specs. I'm not sure most owners will go for this process unless they believe their cars have a special history or owner behind it; perhaps like chassis #15 or #10R.

What do you mean you won't certify it?!

16f23063-mclaren-f1-replica-7carscoop25255b525255d.jpg

Back