McLaren Teams up With Gandys to Make Halo Inspired Flip-Flops

I thought I'd blacked out and missed the latter half of March for a second there, but no, it's not April today...

They're not flip-flops they're thongs. No-one in Australia calls them flip-flops, only in America. Having said that an actual (American) thong might also be a good match for some lucky sponsor, and you could put a woman (or man) wearing it as art around it. Pretty unlikely given that we can't even have grid-girls anymore but an interesting thought.

They're not flip-flops they're thongs. No-one in Australia calls them flip-flops, only in America.
Well, this is an American website.

Also the UK calls them flip-flops too. As they do in Canada - although I think the French word is "tong", so I don't know about French Canadian. The German word is "schlapfen", which I think translates directly as "slappers" or "slap-things".

Good job we didn't say jandals though.

Well, this is an American website.

Also the UK calls them flip-flops too. As they do in Canada - although I think the French word is "tong", so I don't know about French Canadian. The German word is "schlapfen", which I think translates directly as "slappers" or "slap-things".

Good job we didn't say jandals though.

That said, being Dutch... I rather wear clogs for racing or these things that are somewhat related I suppose. They are called 'slippers' but I feel they seem more like clogs in a way... a clog, sandal, slipper kinda thing.

Yes, I do drive them when driving offline for just a quick whirl. Heel&toe and all that goodness included. :P

blenzo-pantoffell-6853-grijs-40-47.jpg

Having said that an actual (American) thong might also be a good match for some lucky sponsor, and you could put a woman (or man) wearing it as art around it.
Seems to me this is better discussed in the other @GTPNewsWire OP currently trending in the 'Cars in General' subforum.

:sly:

As an aside...who gets alerted to the use of that user tag?

Back